Positives

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Red Pill

Enthusiastic Amateur
Here are some positives we need to consider:
- With all those injuries and so called drama we only beat ourselves tonight. If we controlled the ball we could have beaten them.
- Newbies all did well! I think Gutho is a star in the making. Jayden is also very capable
- Defence structures are ok ! The cows peppered our line all night and mainly scored from kicks. They had all the ball because we kept giving it to them!
- We have the depth to replace Jorge. To much risk IMO
- if DCE is so money hungry his $ value is dropping ATM. Both his and FOZ's kicking games can only get better. This will make a huge difference!
- BJ and snake are back next week and we have a full week to recover and prepare for the bunnies
- the media will be writing us off all next week though some of our supporters are doing a great job from what I see on this site.
- it's back to the wall kind of stuff next week!
- how long can a form slump last as Tooves said in the press conference it is only mental. The awe of the finals will pull us out of it!
- even If we exit the finals early it has still been a good year! From what I can see we have some real depth coming through and only need a little more grunt up front for next year. I am sure Warwick and co will address.
- we are well and truly in the middle of a transition period and we have still done well! If you think the transition period has just started you are wrong! Who could have imagined the team that played last night would be remotely competitive 2 years ago? Yes we were still competitive last night!

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS I SAY!

The reality is, we were missing 5 of our top line players, 4 of them were forwards. We didn't lose the minor premiership last night, unfortunatley that was a couple of weeks ago against the Eels. Even at full strength last night was always going to be a tough gig.

Next week is going to be real tough and I can't see us going deep into the finals with the injuries that we have. This time of year you need all players on deck to win the GF and last year was the same for us as it is this year. At full strength we are the number 1 team in the comp.

I find it interesting that the Roosters have gone into the last 2 years injury free with the exception of Friend this year who has a uncommon injury. I have never seen a team have so much luck, or perhaps the rumours of them taking performance enhancing substances has some weight to it

SwornEagle said:
2008 GF, was great seeing him up on the big screen :)

Nice one. The context of my point was in relation to injury but good to be thinking of happier times.

Pretty good run. Smith, Slater, Cronk never out with injury in finals and same for Inglis, Folau and Widdop when they were there. It sure helps.

"Obviously we would have loved to have finished top of the comp by ourselves," Toovey said. "But now I think we get pipped again by for-and-against, don't we? We're still No.1 in my books, but for and against gives that away. Yes, it would have been nice and a just reward for the players, but it's not to be."

Read more: http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/league-news/equal-place-with-sydney-roosters-no-cause-for-shame-says-manly-sea-eagles-coach-geoff-toovey-20140907-3f0qh.html#ixzz3CZji1V6a

2v has the right perspective - the main aim is to win the first semi and get the two weeks rest :angel:

#GoManly

panash said:
IF there is internal problems & unrest in the playing group...

there is NO positives.

Except we only have two more games to suffer this season. Hopefully in the offseason we can get back to basics and footy.

Right now is sucks to be a manly fan watching this great team implode. They are so much better than what is being dished up.

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2