• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

manlyslam

Maybe a stand on the forum that attracts positive comments and stories only. This may balance out the negative comments that rule the forum at present.

It may give our team, supporters and club an edge in energy.

Positive perception and awareness goes a long way.

I have thought about this in the past, but decided against it as it will only work to segregate the members and content rather than have people contributing as a whole. It also becomes a logistical nightmare for the mods and myself to constantly police.

Dan, I've read your comments (both here and on the Bronco's forum) about wishing the boards would focus more on RL (at least the NRL Forum). I have to say I agree with you. I'm sick of the unnecessary 'colourful' language and stupid posts, and I'm sure it is detracting from what is otherwise such a fantastic community website.

All I'm saying is that you're not alone with your views and that you'd have at least one member on board with any changes you'd make to get the boards closer to that. No idea what the solution is though!

codewana said:
Dan, I've read your comments (both here and on the Bronco's forum) about wishing the boards would focus more on RL (at least the NRL Forum). I have to say I agree with you. I'm sick of the unnecessary 'colourful' language and stupid posts, and I'm sure it is detracting from what is otherwise such a fantastic community website.

All I'm saying is that you're not alone with your views and that you'd have at least one member on board with any changes you'd make to get the boards closer to that. No idea what the solution is though!

Communism in a word, strict rules that would make forums a conformist heaven (see MWSE), ofcourse being human you will have favorites who get more latitude (as some people can talk about used dildo salesmen while others can't make a mask reference or point out obvious trolls with low levels of brutality)

Its a slippery slope on the road to both communism and ugly levels of favoritism and would only serve to detract to this well built website, even bronco fans gave this place props

Not suggesting communism or strict rules. Just wish done people would grow up a little bit.
My point is if stupid discussions are required, have them in the general discussion forum. If RL discussions are being had, they should rightly be in the RL forum.

For example, talking about the Broncos forum should be in GD, especially when it degenerated into a discussion about ' white something' and ' porch monkeys'. It makes us all look like idiots and lowers the otherwise high standards of this site. Surely you see this The Eagle.

Never mind the fact that swearing and adult language in general encourage parent to ban their children from becoming part of this online community, which causes our club to suffer as well as Dan's SEO and revenue from ads.

• 👍
Reactions: Rex
Yes Cody I get that but when theres passion theres also harsh words,i cop more than anyone here for both grammar (mostly contractions) and different views and also get the most scrutiny, but given this seasons results in both development and placing I feel very vindicated

I have a plan for the new season which should make everyone happy and solve all problems

I like the sound of that!

Xkcd had a good idea for youtube that would be great to implement here.. Basically, its an app that reads your post back to you so that idiots can hear themselves. Is the plan like that?

codewana said:
I like the sound of that!

Xkcd had a good idea for youtube that would be great to implement here.. Basically, its an app that reads your post back to you so that idiots can hear themselves. Is the plan like that?

haha that's a great idea :)

No it's a new way of doing things, which will probably piss off a few, but once they realise essentially nothing changes for them, unless they want it to, then all will be sweet.

Dan

Hopefully this new idea eliminates the multiple threads that are created about the same subject. Kills me using tapatalk and sorting through the multiple threads of the same topic.

Are you planning on introducing this new system in the off-season?

Yes on both accounts mate.

All will be revealed in due course

Unfortunately due to the new versions creating much havoc I couldn't implement this plan yet.

I'll keep on it though

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7