Position

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

davohan123

First Grader
Premium Member
Tipping Member
Since the panthers lost tonight to Canberra  :)  and if we would of  won one of those winnable games this year we would be 3rd right now

Anyway next weeks game has now more incentive for our guys if they didn't already have enough

Cant wait for it

Yep the results are going our way, now we have to do our part and beat the Dragons, Warriors and the Roosters.

With our for and against and continued winning streak we may just find ourselves 1st or 2nd.Only 25 points and 1 win behind the Panthers.Thats how close we are with that Panthers loss.Could see that one coming.

As I stated on another forum a while before it shut down, I hope this year is not finished with "if only". If only we won our opening 2 games. If only we didn't lose to the Titans at Brooky. If only we had of beaten the Raiders, we would be coming first. I hope I am wrong though.

torana355 link said:
Yep the results are going our way, now we have to do our part and beat the Dragons, Warriors and the Roosters.

What are you smoking. We wanted the Raiders to lose, which would have effectively wiped another team out for the year, leaving a 10 horse race.

Basically we want the following teams to win their games from now on, unless they are playing us

Melbourne,
Cronulla
Cowboys
Bulldogs

If those 4 keep winning it keeps others down. We want the following to lose
Souths
Warriors
Raiders
Eels
Newcastle

We need to be both shooting for winning all our games and keeping others out of the 8

dan why would we want any team above us winning  .. raiders winning  cuts 2nd position margin to just 2 above us  had panthers won the 2nd position margin would have been 4points away, i dnt get what you mean..
my theory is if every team above us lose & we keep winning , thats all that matters i cant see how newcastle winning or raiders winning really matters to us..

Because jjai we have a really tough run home. We can't assume we will win all those games, and if we have a bad trot, we may only win 1. So the less teams that have a chance of making the 8 the better.

Anyway, don't worry, the Tigers are gone, they won't make the top 4, but will make the top 8. We have to hope any 1 of the Roosters, Titans or Panthers have a shocking run to the finals. We'll be in the top 4.

abnc link said:
Because jjai we have a really tough run home. We can't assume we will win all those games, and if we have a bad trot, we may only win 1. So the less teams that have a chance of making the 8 the better.

Anyway, don't worry, the Tigers are gone, they won't make the top 4, but will make the top 8. We have to hope any 1 of the Roosters, Titans or Panthers have a shocking run to the finals. We'll be in the top 4.
ok, but i have confidence we can atleast win 2more games out of the 4 we have left which will put us on 30pts  as long as we dont lose by much our for & against will help us..

For teh raiders and knights to make the 8 they need to beat half a dozen of the teams we are competing for a spot hence the only way Dan idea has merit is if we cant crack another win. In which case would it matter?

Dan link said:
[quote author=torana355 link=topic=184579.msg283252#msg283252 date=1281351300]

What are you smoking. We wanted the Raiders to lose, which would have effectively wiped another team out for the year, leaving a 10 horse race.

Basically we want the following teams to win their games from now on, unless they are playing us

Melbourne,
Cronulla
Cowboys
Bulldogs

If those 4 keep winning it keeps others down. We want the following to lose
Souths
Warriors
Raiders
Eels
Newcastle

We need to be both shooting for winning all our games and keeping others out of the 8
[/quote]

I was certainly going for the Raiders last night to keep Penrith on 28

For the teams on 22 to go past us, with our points differential compared to theirs, they would have to win 4/4 with us 1/4 to overtake us, Canberra and Newcastle aren't capable of that imo, Parramatta maybe but I think their run home includes Brisbane and Warriors so if they win they hold those 2 back as well

imo Souths are the only threat to knock us out of the 8 and with their injuries at the moment they are shot ducks

you lot are waayyy to confident. I hate pure optimism

jjai link said:
i like super supreme  from pizza hut ;D

with extra olives....

teh best one is to say

Vegetarian....but add meat

Dan link said:

I see it as more of a reality mate

With 4 games left, Canberra, Parramatta and Newcastle have to win 3 more games than us to overtake us, I just don't see them doing it

Kiwi Eagle link said:
[quote author=Dan link=topic=184579.msg283468#msg283468 date=1281416268]

With 4 games left, Canberra, Parramatta and Newcastle have to win 3 more games than us to overtake us, I just don't see them doing it
[/quote]

Basically if we win on Monday I will be happy, because that essentially decides it. But I am not massively confident about our run home

Dan link said:
[quote author=Kiwi Eagle link=topic=184579.msg283483#msg283483 date=1281417766]
[quote author=Dan link=topic=184579.msg283468#msg283468 date=1281416268]

[/quote]

Basically if we win on Monday I will be happy, because that essentially decides it. But I am not massively confident about our run home
[/quote]

If we play to our ability, I am more than confident we will win all our remaining games. At the worst we should win 3 out of 4. If we are not playing to our ability leading into the finals we probably don't deserve to be in the finals. It doesn't really matter what other teams are doing. Destiny is in our own hands.

Staff online

• Jethro
    Star Trekkin' across the universe

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7