• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

EOL now nesting on the GC

Official NRL commentator of the UK Royal Family
Premium Member
Tipping Member
Lots of chatter about Ponga possibly going to Rugby.
With Izzy gone they need an X factor type player and would be able to break the bank to steal the kid....
Thoughts?

Really? I heard something about NZ links the other day but glazed over it given he was playing for QLD in Origin.

Which side of his family is Kiwi?

Really? I heard something about NZ links the other day but glazed over it given he was playing for QLD in Origin.

Which side of his family is Kiwi?

Both parents are Kiwis, you'd have to look it up to follow it all but born in Port Hedland WA (it's in Qld) moved here, there and everywhere. Won the NZ U/13 golf title, got this scholarship,got that scholarship, went here scored that and on and on and on. He's had a busy childhood

I’ve watched the kid on the Matt Johns show and he seems like a really nice level headed kid. Which is a surprise when you hear the way every man and his dog in the media jerks themselves off stupid over him.

If he want's to go, let him off. I couldn't care less. He doesn't play for Manly so It doesn't matter at all to me. He reminds me of Kieran Foran, all the talent but you get the impression he already has one foot out the Knights door and will go wherever it will serve his wallet and his ego, and the people around him have an opinion of him that he is bigger than the newcastle club and probably Rugby League & that he is doing them a favour hanging around. He is not a clubman like Meninga was for the Raiders or Beaver was for us. Actaully I would prefer if his intention was to go to the All Blacks then he should just go now so I don't have to listen to the next 2 years of will he or won't he. There will be another one there always is.

He just happens to be seeking the Knights increase his wage.

Rugby how convenient, given he can't just up and go to another NRL club.

If he want's to go, let him off. I couldn't care less. He doesn't play for Manly so It doesn't matter at all to me. He reminds me of Kieran Foran, all the talent but you get the impression he already has one foot out the Knights door and will go wherever it will serve his wallet and his ego, and the people around him have an opinion of him that he is bigger than the newcastle club and probably Rugby League & that he is doing them a favour hanging around. He is not a clubman like Meninga was for the Raiders or Beaver was for us. Actaully I would prefer if his intention was to go to the All Blacks then he should just go now so I don't have to listen to the next 2 years of will he or won't he. There will be another one there always is.
How can he be a club man like Beaver and the rest, it is his second season, his first contract, the kid is a great player already plus he is a humble kid as well. Listen to him talk and the way he acts on and off the field, he is on his second season and is a target for every team when they play him and he still smile after every hit. To say he is after the money based on a media report that has no sustance is crap, yes he doesn't play for Manly but we would kill to have him and other than being a good player the kids has done nothing wrong, but made the game more exciting to watch.

I can see Todd fumbling for the keys to the NRL war chest already - if he was a Manly player we'd get the stiff bickies call, in fact they'd probably go over his TPA's with a fine toothed comb just to spite us.

Good player and would kill it as a rugby fullback - pity the Wallabies couldn't snare him

Go to Rugby .... play for the All Blacks .... travel the world playing in Argentina, South Africa, Great Brittain, Italy, France, Australia et al .... get paid 3 times as much .....

Just can't see what the attraction could be ....... if I was him my bag would be packed and my passport renewed ...

How can he be a club man like Beaver and the rest, it is his second season, his first contract, the kid is a great player already plus he is a humble kid as well. Listen to him talk and the way he acts on and off the field, he is on his second season and is a target for every team when they play him and he still smile after every hit. To say he is after the money based on a media report that has no sustance is crap, yes he doesn't play for Manly but we would kill to have him and other than being a good player the kids has done nothing wrong, but made the game more exciting to watch.

Thanks for the input Kieran, haven't heard from you for a few years now. :hi: as I said before, I really don't care what he does. Its all a media act they do these days. just mercenaries. He seems like a Gentleman but that won't matter a fiddlers @#$% once his manager starts the bidding. He plays for Knights and QLD he is dead to me already.

Go to Rugby .... play for the All Blacks .... travel the world playing in Argentina, South Africa, Great Brittain, Italy, France, Australia et al .... get paid 3 times as much .....

Just can't see what the attraction could be ....... if I was him my bag would be packed and my passport renewed ...

Yeah and be bored out of your skull kicking it out on the full and waiting for an applause.

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7
7 3 4 31 6