Pommy mums making footy boofers

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

jbb/james

First Grader
Premium Member
Tipping Member
More and more pommies adapting to the NRL easily enough. It wasnt long back very few were up to the job but no so much now.
So whats doing. Has the UK comp got better, the NRL more predictable, . Despite the surge of pommy talent they still probably underperform at international level . Is that bubbling away

Aussie coaches,
Better player being squeezed out of the NRL due to big contracts that still have much to offer but no one else will pay that under the cap.so ESL

Anyway. Isnt that thompson fellow coming also. he looks quite likely to succeed and the canberra connection and the new half all going pretty good.
Outside backs hall and watkins did sweet FA. Once was a time, centres and wingers were the poms go. They had heaps of players that hated being tackled so they ran like the wind and could sidestep a machine gun to keep there jumpers clean and there face pretty

Its good to see anyway

Maybe the large number of antipodeans playing/coaching in the ESL has lifted their standard and level of professionalism gradually over the years.

They have always managed to produce tough forwards who have cut the grade at NRL level, going back to the 70's. Not many halves or backs have made the leap though, for every Williams there's a Tomkins or Hardaker. And bear in mind these guys aren't just run of the mill first graders, they are Man of Steel winners and they still can't step up to even NRL first grade standard.

Maybe the large number of antipodeans playing/coaching in the ESL has lifted their standard and level of professionalism gradually over the years.

They have always managed to produce tough forwards who have cut the grade at NRL level, going back to the 70's. Not many halves or backs have made the leap though, for every Williams there's a Tomkins or Hardaker. And bear in mind these guys aren't just run of the mill first graders, they are Man of Steel winners and they still can't step up to even NRL first grade standard.

I am often surprised that I am one of the few people I know .. that knows what antipodean means ..

I think the number of successful poms greatly out weighs the number of flops ... mainly because we generally only paid to bring their best out here ...

successes ... Mal Reilly, Bishop, Hanley, Norton, Stephenson, Ward, Ellis, Cliff Watson, Gray, Lowe etc

Maybe the large number of antipodeans that have gone over there have spread their seed with some Pommie mums.
How long ago was Alfie over there?

it’s a type of dinosaur, right? Stegosaurus, velociraptor, diplodocus, plesiosaur, antipodean?

Well, it all starts with Mathematics and Geometry and a point on the surface of a sphere ... that we will call a pode ....... now if you then to find a ... etc etc ... fascinating stuff .. love it ...

I am often surprised that I am one of the few people I know .. that knows what antipodean means ..

I'm on the other side of the world, and even I know what it means.

Ohhhhhh see what I did there???? #genius! gold jerry gold!

(yeah yeah ok it's diametrically opposed points on the world but I aint stuffing up a clever play on words because of a technicality!).

Also.... maybe the poms finally realise there is more money to be made for many of them over here. Plus Nrl = #1

I'm on the other side of the world, and even I know what it means.

Ohhhhhh see what I did there???? #genius! gold jerry gold!

(yeah yeah ok it's diametrically opposed points on the world but I aint stuffing up a clever play on words because of a technicality!).

Also.... maybe the poms finally realise there is more money to be made for many of them over here. Plus Nrl = #1

OK ... but who is the pode .. and who is the anti-pode ?

Would you then concede that we have a diametricaly opposite opinion ... or if you like ... an antipodean view on the topic ?

I'm not sure where this thread is going so I'll say that I was just listening to a reporter (on the tele) and her name is:

Anita Bathe.

Best name ever!

iu

Great, I get to say it again ... because to do that we would need to multiply the length of a straight line connecting the pode with the anti-pode by Pi ....
I actually cook a mean pie but that is part of the reason why the circumference measurement is so dynamic.

@globaleagle ... for future reference at dinner parties .... the antipode of Toronto is actually at Augusta, West Australia ... I am certain Mrs Moose will be thrilled and enthralled with that quiz winning fact ....

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6