[poll] Should Johns still be considered as an 'Immortal'?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Should Andrew Johns still be considered as a future 'Immortal'?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

fLIP

UFO Hunter

Should Johns still be considered as an 'Immortal'?

can we add a who cares option?

Just don't vote if you don't care.

My response is Not Yet, though in the end the real question is based on whether events off the field should overshadow what happens on the field.

Johnny Raper was no angel off the field either but in those days papers left private lives off limits!

Yes , but not straight away. There are others who deserve the honour before him.

The fact that this poll is split 50/.50 shows why it shouldn't happen. It polarises people. An immortal should be close to unanimous.

well said mata, the guy has just glorified drug use, now he says he wants to be an anti drug campaigner, i wonder how he would open his talk to a group of 15 - 17 year olds, how hypocritical can you get!

I might have said yes if he was just smoking a little dope but now it transpires that he was into the cocaine as well, and that to me translates into performance enhancing.

Cocain - performance enhancing?

Same as all recreational drugs, it actually has a reverse effect on your ability to play sport. If he didn't have drugs he may of been an even better player.

Yes from me btw

I am far from an expert in these issues but it was my understanding that cocaine provides a "mental" high more than a"physical" high.

Many creative people use drugs to help their creativity. Johns' was one of the most creative players I have ever watched. I accept the fact that drugs may not have given him a physical advantage, but did they give him a "creative" advantage.

On Johns become an immortal, sadly it is a no from me.

Anyone who thinks cocaine isn't performance enhancing is tripping (if you'll excuse the pun).

As far as being an immortal...who cares. They cheapened the whole concept when they let Wally Lewis in.

I am far from an expert in these issues but it was my understanding that cocaine provides a \"mental\" high more than a\"physical\" high.

Many creative people use drugs to help their creativity. Johns' was one of the most creative players I have ever watched. I accept the fact that drugs may not have given him a physical advantage, but did they give him a \"creative\" advantage.

On Johns become an immortal, sadly it is a no from me.

I'd say by the time the guy gets on the field, the drugs he took would create a mental "low" mate. It's called a come down. It also shows me why he was renowned for having outbursts at referees. Remember the game versus us? He must have been on a shocking come down then.

That said - yes - still immortal.

Today's Sunday Herald has a 7 page Joey love-fest. It wasn't his fault, supported by pages of doctor testimony, so I guess his future media contracts are back on track. :roll:

I'd say by the time the guy gets on the field, the drugs he took would create a mental \"low\" mate. It's called a come down.

And therein lies the reason for my "NO" vote. We are assuming that when he payed those aboslutley brilliant games he was not influenced by any substance. His admissions have sown seeds of doubt in my mind. He was only tested 17 times in 12 seasons. That is probably something in excess of 200 games.

His own club doctor knew about it. All clubs are expected to have in house testing. Is it possible the club doctor let him know when the tests were happening.

Also by all reports the Newcastle club is very close team. Is it fair to assume that many of the other team mates could be on the gear, follwing in the "immortals" footsteps?

His own club doctor knew about it. All clubs are expected to have in house testing. Is it possible the club doctor let him know when the tests were happening.

Compulsory "in house" testing has only been introduced by the NRL this year. The ASADA tests are unannounced (btw ASADA were at Brookie yesterday)

The Newcastle club doctor is also Johns' personal doctors. I am sure the confidentiality that exists between patient and doctor would have weighed heaviily on the doctors conscience. I think I read that he had "hinted" to the Knights that Johns may have an issue with drugs. The doctor involved appears to have been in a no win situation.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4