Poll on NRL.com

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Jethro

Star Trekkin' across the universe
Staff member
Premium Member
Tipping Member
If Craig Bellamy steps aside as Blues coach after Origin III, who is the man to guide NSW in 2010?

1. Andrew Johns

2. Wayne Bennett

3. Phil Gould

4. Laurie Daley

5. Ricky Stuart

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Who would you pick out of that lot or do you have any other suggestions as the next NSW Blues coach? Personally, I think that there is no way in hell that you would get Wayne Bennett to coach NSW. Gus has stated that he will never work for the ARL or NSWRL again for whatever reason I don't know. I think that if either Ricky Stuart or Laurie Daley get the job then I think that I may as well give up on SOO or start supporting QLD. That only leaves Joey Johns and although he was a talented player (yes I know he was on drugs throughout his career) he is an unknown as a coach and is maybe too much of a risk. One suggestion is our Des but I wouldn't want him to be the NSW coach whilst he is coaching Manly. For mine, I think that NSW has to go like QLD and pick a non-NRL coach so that he can concentrate entirely on the NSW team so that makes me lean more towards Joey out of that list as I can't think of anyone else at this point in time.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Personally I wouln't like to see any of the following coaching the blues Jethro, 2 through 5. I'm not to certain about Andrew Johns but he would add vauable experience.

I like Zep's idea of S.Mortimer and surely Dessie should get a crack at it.

OneEyedEagle link said:
Personally I wouln't like to see any of the following coaching the blues Jethro, 2 through 5. I'm not to certain about Andrew Johns but he would add vauable experience.

I like Zep's idea of S.Mortimer and surely Dessie should get a crack at it.

I agree that Des should get a go sometime but just not whilst he is coaching Manly. The NSW coach needs to be independent from the NRL competition just like QLD does with Mal in my opinion.

Bring back Tommy! he can be the "head coach" as long as we have the brains behind him he can bring the passion we lack!

Gould will only come back if he is given deity status by the NSWRL. I can't see it happening. I'm with CW and Folkes putting up his hand might be the go.

It was interesting listening to Hannant talk about the Maroon preparations on Sunday. Mal holds a number of dinners with players who could be in Qld contention and tells them how they are going and what they need to do. This is repeated leading up to the series. It is in direct contrast to NSW who tell the players absolutely nothing until the names are read out. We need a complete overhaul of our structure and thinking behind how the team is brought together.

I like the idea of Mortimer

Of the list above, Gus is the only one I would want there. All others should never be mentioned for the job, Stuart cant even coach the Sharks and Daley cant even select a decent team

bit far for Folkes to commute CW,

he is currently the West Indies cricket teams fitness coach.

Dan link said:
I like the idea of Mortimer

Of the list above, Gus is the only one I would want there. All others should never be mentioned for the job, Stuart cant even coach the Sharks and Daley cant even select a decent team

Gus stated on the Sunday Roast the other day that he will never work for the ARL or NSWRL again. I don't know what the go was between that lot but he was pretty adamant that he would never work for them.

Agree with the suggestion of Steve Mortimer.

LMAO Go on bring in Andrew Johns.
(then let's get Matt to coach the pre-game bonding session)

With his "special" training methods all the guys would be running at 100 kms an hour and feeling no pain.

Hell NSW wouldn't even need 4 blokes on the bench the starting 13 could get the job done.

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7
7 3 4 31 6