Please explain..

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Clint

Premium Member
Tipping Member
Players nicknames and what do they mean??
I understand Glenn to be "Gift" as he was as such when he came with Brett. (which I think is an absolute pissa by the way)
Brett is called "snake" - self explanatory?? or something else to it??
Robbo - "wanga" courtesy of his 2007 dance in the change rooms.
Who is "nood" and what does it mean?
Wolfman is self explanatory.
Why is Jamie "killer"?
GI Joe - self explanatory.

Others???

Cronulla coach Shane Flanagan gave Jamie the name Killer when he was playing SG Ball for the Eels, not sure why. Maybe he saw a passing resemblance to Jerry Lee Lewis?

"Nood" is Joe Galuvao. It's a play on the way his surname is pronounced. It starts with a G but it is pronounced 'nulla-vow'. So Nood is basically the word 'good' but with the G taking on the sound of an N like in Joes surname.

Maybe he should be NI Joe instead of GI Joe?

Snake is snake due to being a diabetic, he always took packs of snakes around with him then came the name , apparantly.

Killer came about when Jamie was a youngster at the eels and the team were doing pre season training. There also happened to be yawnion team doing pre season training at the same time and same venue.
Apparently, one of the yawnion guys yelled out 'Killer' to one of his team mates '. Jamie pipped up and said "Oh so you've seen me play"
It's stuck ever since.

Haz88 said:
Snake is snake due to being a diabetic, he always took packs of snakes around with him then came the name , apparantly.

This is incorrect and a myth

jbb/james said:
peter sharpe nicknamed brett snake as he had the shoulders of a brown snake

More or less correct. After Brett came back from his shoulder injury when Jamie Ran over the top of him in the first game brett played.

he came back to training and Sharp said to him "your arms look like a couple of brown snakes" because he hadn't been able to do any weights etc.

That stuck.

DCE is "turtle" because he looks like a turtle, big body and shoulders and long neck

Chip and Chase said:
Brent Kite is "Kitey" because it's his surname with a "Y" added to it. You pronounce it Kai - Tee.

And how do you suppose they came up with Tooves?

I assume Menzies was "beaver" out of some reference to leave it to beaver or because beavers are apparently the hardest working animal in the world. I have no idea why watmough is called "choc". Foran has been referred to as "Foz" or "Fozzie", I'm going to hope it's got something to do with the muppets and not just his last name. Tony Williams is T-Rex cos he's huge?

From the 80's - what about Igor for Terry Randall? and Wombat for Eadie?

and didn't Maxie Krilich have a nickname with some sort of reference because he was a plumber?

Krilich's nickname is Thrower. Something to do with being a bomb thrower or something from memory, could be wrong though

Yeah, pretty sure Jamie Lyon is "Killer" because of the play on his last name and the fact that he is a keen Pigger!

Watch this video from Round 22 and a few of the boys mention their nicknames - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iz4JlZnmsT0

Freddie Jones nicknamed Eadie wombat because he thought he looked like a wombat due to his body disposition.

Chip and Chase said:
Krilich's nickname is Thrower. Something to do with being a bomb thrower or something from memory, could be wrong though

Yup definitely a reference to Bomb thrower because of wherever his family were from I believe

"Rowdy" Shearer - was "roundy" short for roundabout, as in not very good at driving through them. This got misinterpreted as "rowdy"

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2