Players Attitudes to Floggings

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

eagles2win

Bencher
Jack Wighton recently posted up this(only to take it down) :

One week they love you.
Next week they hate you.
Both weeks I got paid.

Imagine a Manly player with this attitude after being lapped by 30+ points.

He is a good young player. Maybe if Stuart (somehow) survives at Canberra for a while a few Raiders players might start looking to develop their careers at better places...

SeaEagleRock8 said:
He is a good young player. Maybe if Stuart (somehow) survives at Canberra for a while a few Raiders players might start looking to develop their careers at better places...

I have no doubt that he is talented player, but he's quickly going down the path of Fergo

HappilyManly said:
Wow, his name will be on Stuarts next powerpoint presentation then :dodgy:

Ricky doesn't use Powerpoint - he is old school, nothing but overhead projectors for Sticky.

If I was to indulge in some generation stereotyping I'd be tempted to say that Wighton's comments smack of Gen Y selfishness. However I'm not that shallow, I suspect he has just been misquoted. Should have said, one week I got paid next week I didn't deserve to be paid.

Chip and Chase said:
HappilyManly said:

Ricky doesn't use Powerpoint - he is old school, nothing but overhead projectors for Sticky.

Well at Parra, he called in the Playing Roster and put up 12 names - and thats how he told those people that they are redundant. :mad:

A people Manager - Sticky aint :dodgy:
http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sport/nrl/parramatta-eels-nrl-coach-ricky-stuart-punts-at-least-12-players-for-next-season/story-fni3ga7r-1226657845869

Bradza said:
HappilyManly said:

What do you mean, I think Ricky posted something similar

One year they hate me.
The next year they still hate me.
Both years I got paid.
lol, classic :D

Ricky's players are learning from their coach!

HappilyManly said:
Chip and Chase said:
HappilyManly said:

Well at Parra, he called in the Playing Roster and put up 12 names - and thats how he told those people that they are redundant. :mad:

A people Manager - Sticky aint :dodgy:
http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sport/nrl/parramatta-eels-nrl-coach-ricky-stuart-punts-at-least-12-players-for-next-season/story-fni3ga7r-1226657845869

I know, that was the running joke at the time. Ricky wasn't even smart enough to use multimedia, he used an overhead projector. See these articles below.

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sport/nrl/cheyse-blair-was-one-of-12-players-whose-dumping-was-there-for-all-to-see-but-the-axe-was-far-from-fatal/story-fni3fbgz-1226854249991

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sport/nrl/parramatta-eels-woes-all-mental-says-ricky-stuart/story-fni3ga7r-1226664452445

Maybe that was their problem yesterday, the Raiders defensive pattern overhead slide was swapped with the Royal Easter show turnstile flow pattern slide. Get with the times Ricky.

After the Tigers gave us a deadset pantsing earlier in the year, if any of our players (please tell me none did) posted such a comment I would be absolutely livid, and I can't imagine that person being able to go within throwing distance of Geoff Toovey. I think Wighton has potential, but he'd better get that attitude out of him if he ever wants to become more than just a first grader.

I read Roy Keane's (of Man United fame) book a few years back and he described Monday training sessions after a loss. (this was when he first joined in the mid 90s with players like Paul Ince, Bryan Robson, Peter Schmeical) He said they basically tore into each other from the first kick and were that p@@@ed about losing that they barely spoke to each other all week until they set it right.

I cannot imagine Killer, Gift, Snake, Choc, Kingy, Skivvy....etc etc going into training after a loss and just having the attitude of 'oh well I got paid what do I care?'. The reason they have been the pinnacle of Rugby League for 10 years is because they are winners with the right attitude. A loss means a personal affront from the team that beat us, that's why they hate the Storm so vehemently. This is the only team of the last 10 years that has challenged us consistently....and they couldn't do it legally.

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2