Player Signings

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Ryan

Journey Man
I get really jealous when other clubs sign players. I know that sounds crazy, but hey - that's me  ;D

There is a lot of player movement happening at the moment. I find it strange that Manly officially pull the offer off the table for Tupou, outright say we aren't interested in Heighington, and say we aren't interested in Barrett.

Am I missing something here? ???

Can someone please just set my mind at ease, and say there is obviously something happening that we don't know about?

If Beaver retires, and Bell goes overseas, and we only sign 2nd tier players (ALA this year), we are losing depth, or having a roster that is heading south two years straight?

I know Grant Mayer suggested that we refuse to pay overs to attain a player, and he also said player managers will be ringing US, but my perception is that players aren't bashing our doors down to play for us at present, and we are getting beaten (for whatever reason) at the post by other clubs who want players.

But in saying that Ryan, who was the last big name player that we lost?

We keep re-signing all of our great talent - Stewart Bros, Watmough, Kite, Cuthbo the list goes on!!

I am guessing here but I reckon they do know who they want to sign and maybe they are trying to keep it as quiet as possible as it seems player managers now know that if they sprout Manly as a place for their clients to sign with they will up the price

It does seem crazy that there has been no speculation about Manly signing a 5/8 or anyone associated with Manly that does play 5/8. Maybe your right Berkley, they may have already signed someone and just not saying anything because of whatever reason!!

Wouldn't be surprised to see us go hard at Jamie Soward, especially if Kimmorley does end up going to the Dragons. I've heard from a few people Bennett doesnt want Soward, and that we are talking to him along with Souths and the Sharks.

id be happy with soward or Josh lewis

from the time hes been in first grade soward has had to be the main man in attack for the chooks and now the dragons.

At manly we dont need that we have orford we just need someone to take the pressure off ox

both those blokes could do the job.

But so could halden or heath

Rhino....Leanne leaves this weekend...you going to entertain me until I move?

Happy birthday to Anika, I move on the 7th of June

Bad news lads. Colorado Avalanche lost this morning. Whenever they lose, so too does Manly. It's weird, but it's how it has worked out so far.

Lets hope things change tomorrow.

I would be happy with Soward although his defence would worry me, however he would take some pressure of Ox and with our defence we should be able to cover him.

down here in wollongong, fans don't rate soward at all!!! Do we want to sign a player that is underperforming at several clubs!!

We hae to get a daniel mortimer the 5/8 from parra toyota cup, these fill in players aint going to do it!!!

The problem is that we are so desperate for a 5/8 that we keep talking dobson and soward, these guys don't cut it, both have been in PL as well,

Get what you are saying Darren but I think Soward is worth a shot, the Dragons are sh!t and he is young and was trying to run the show, with Orford with him he would hopefully go better as he does show some signs of brilliance.  When he was at the Roosters they were also travelling like the Dragons are now.  He is not a world beater but could help our attack.

Soward remids me of Witt.  His kicking game is good but he just can't be relied on to defend.  Not worth pursuing.

Soward had a blinder today.
I would persue him, his general kicking game is excellent.
I didnt see him miss too many tackles either.

Thumbs up from me.

I don't know why people are so upset about not getting Tupou. What is JWH turns out to be "the next BK" like people were saying? where would we fit him in with Watmough and Stewart being 80 minute players?

Not to mention there are a few 2nd rowers with promise in the lower grades - Palau, Wells, Offerdahl, Mauro and Edwards.

Surely we don't need another back rower.
Go for Head, Campese or Josh Lewis

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4