Player Ratings - Round 7

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

HoldenV8

Journey Man
Gutsy win over another top 4 team yesterday. That's 2 from 3 against the top 4 at Brookvale so far in 2019. But, it came at a cost didn't it.....

Brendan Elliot 6/10 - Starting to play like a fullback, but still not a great attacking threat from the back. Safe though and we can't ask for more than that.

Jorge Taufua 7/10 - Suddenly has good hands, thankfully. Couldn't really fault Jorge yesterday.

Moses Suli 7/10 - I think he needs to get involved in attack more. Showed some good defence.

Brad Parker 9/10 - Scorpio is surprising a lot of people right now and its good to see. His defence is strong and given some open space, shock horror he can actually attack. Kept Leilua quiet yesterday and that is no mean feat.

Reuben Garrick 6/10 - Needs to improve his defence, especially if he wants to be a centre. Otherwise he's going OK. Scored a nice try to ice the game. Not a bad goal kicker either.

Lachlan Croker 8/10 - Missed 3 tackles early, but turned it around and showed more in one game than he did at any point last year. Took control of things when Cherry went off which was good to see.

Daly Cherry-Evans 7/10 - He is going to be a big out for Manly over the next month. But this team under Des is made of steely stuff.

Toafofoa Sipley 7/10 - Solid yesterday which was what we needed.

Api Koroisau 7/10 - Api was good yesterday, but Fainu was better....again.

Martin Taupau 9/10 - When he was on the field he was nigh on unstoppable.

Joel Thompson 6/10 - Needs to pass more and not die with the ball. 3 times he killed attacking raids on the left when the defence was retreating in the first half. Then the one time he did pass he put Parker into space for Croker's first try.

Curtis Sironen 8/10 - Has struggled to get into games lately, but Des moving him to 5/8 after Cherry went off saw Siro come alive and it was only scrambling defence on the right that stopped him scoring twice and setting up two more. His best game of the year.

Jake Trbojevic 8/10 - Does Jake ever stop? If he's not running the ball, he's tackling anything that moves. If Fittler doesn't pick him as the starting NSW lock then he needs his head read. With Cherry out we'll get the chance to see what Jake the Manly captain is like.

Manase Fainu 9/10 - I'd say he is currently the most creative dummy half in the NRL. Manly need to re-sign the kid before someone else makes him an offer we can't match and he can't refuse.

Jack Gosiewski 7/10 - Played well when he came on yesterday. Showed great awareness when he stepped back to get onside so that he could get the ball to Garrick for his try.

Corey Waddell 7/10 - Not quite as strong as last week, but still good. Put up a nice pass for Marty Taupau to score.

Morgan Boyle 5/10 - Did OK, nothing special. I think he'll be the one to drop back to Blacktown next week with AFB back in the side.

The worst case scenario came yesterday.....we've lost DCE to an injury that is likely to keep him out for a month or so. At least we do have covers though in Croker, LG, Hodko and at a pinch, Siro, though I wouldn't want to start Siro in the halves. It'll be interesting to see which way Des goes. I think he'll play Croker and LG in the halves, at least next week.

Who would have thought we'd be 4-3 after 7 rounds and sitting in 6th spot with two wins over what are currently top 4 teams? Especially seeing as we've done that totally without Dylan Walker and for the most part without Turbo and AFB. The test is going to come now though as we can add DCE to the MIA list, though at least we get AFB back this week.

I love reading these you are on the money.

I only think Elliot and Waddell should be rated higher.

As for the hookers how lucky are we.

At 12 nil down I thought Api and DCE worked hard to lift the side out of the hole. Then Manu came on and wow he took it to another level.

Who would have thought we'd be 4-3 after 7 rounds and sitting in 6th spot

I did .... a couple of us older and more astute judges of all things football tipped this squad to be in the top 8 .....

With a quarter of the season gone .. Might be time to revisit the preseason predictions ......

I did .... a couple of us older and more astute judges of all things football tipped this squad to be in the top 8 .....

With a quarter of the season gone .. Might be time to revisit the preseason predictions ......

Well, I said we'd be premiers. And any when will our first win come along" type threads, I said next game.

So...

10+ damage points to me.

I was just about to type that with the team going well, the media will have to start their usual "Manly to lose all their players to other teams" articles.

And... There's one about Api to the tigers.

you-are-so-predictable.jpg

Has Mrs Moose gone out again and forgotten to lock the whiskey cabinet ???

Um ah, you spelt Whisky the Irish way! And the US way I guess.

Scots' will wanna "have a word".

PS: +10 wizard points to you re: locke v lock

Ok... now I'm off to hide that now empty bottle.

But I shall continue the dream about a successful GF day. :)

I did too Woodsie old son but I also had the riff at the head of the table! At least I think I did...
Funny start so far although, drizzle and rorters aside, it seems that some of the teams that people had high expectations of in recent seasons (eg parra, raiders, bunnies) are finally stepping up now that the pressure is off and vice versa for teams like riff, ponies, shyty knighteys...

I did too Woodsie old son but I also had the riff at the head of the table! At least I think I did...
Funny start so far although, drizzle and rorters aside, it seems that some of the teams that people had high expectations of in recent seasons (eg parra, raiders, bunnies) are finally stepping up now that the pressure is off and vice versa for teams like riff, ponies, shyty knighteys...

Hang around .... it will probably all change again next week .....

Gutsy win over another top 4 team yesterday. That's 2 from 3 against the top 4 at Brookvale so far in 2019. But, it came at a cost didn't it.....

Brendan Elliot 6/10 - Starting to play like a fullback, but still not a great attacking threat from the back. Safe though and we can't ask for more than that.

Jorge Taufua 7/10 - Suddenly has good hands, thankfully. Couldn't really fault Jorge yesterday.

Moses Suli 7/10 - I think he needs to get involved in attack more. Showed some good defence.

Brad Parker 9/10 - Scorpio is surprising a lot of people right now and its good to see. His defence is strong and given some open space, shock horror he can actually attack. Kept Leilua quiet yesterday and that is no mean feat.

Reuben Garrick 6/10 - Needs to improve his defence, especially if he wants to be a centre. Otherwise he's going OK. Scored a nice try to ice the game. Not a bad goal kicker either.

Lachlan Croker 8/10 - Missed 3 tackles early, but turned it around and showed more in one game than he did at any point last year. Took control of things when Cherry went off which was good to see.

Daly Cherry-Evans 7/10 - He is going to be a big out for Manly over the next month. But this team under Des is made of steely stuff.

Toafofoa Sipley 7/10 - Solid yesterday which was what we needed.

Api Koroisau 7/10 - Api was good yesterday, but Fainu was better....again.

Martin Taupau 9/10 - When he was on the field he was nigh on unstoppable.

Joel Thompson 6/10 - Needs to pass more and not die with the ball. 3 times he killed attacking raids on the left when the defence was retreating in the first half. Then the one time he did pass he put Parker into space for Croker's first try.

Curtis Sironen 8/10 - Has struggled to get into games lately, but Des moving him to 5/8 after Cherry went off saw Siro come alive and it was only scrambling defence on the right that stopped him scoring twice and setting up two more. His best game of the year.

Jake Trbojevic 8/10 - Does Jake ever stop? If he's not running the ball, he's tackling anything that moves. If Fittler doesn't pick him as the starting NSW lock then he needs his head read. With Cherry out we'll get the chance to see what Jake the Manly captain is like.

Manase Fainu 9/10 - I'd say he is currently the most creative dummy half in the NRL. Manly need to re-sign the kid before someone else makes him an offer we can't match and he can't refuse.

Jack Gosiewski 7/10 - Played well when he came on yesterday. Showed great awareness when he stepped back to get onside so that he could get the ball to Garrick for his try.

Corey Waddell 7/10 - Not quite as strong as last week, but still good. Put up a nice pass for Marty Taupau to score.

Morgan Boyle 5/10 - Did OK, nothing special. I think he'll be the one to drop back to Blacktown next week with AFB back in the side.

The worst case scenario came yesterday.....we've lost DCE to an injury that is likely to keep him out for a month or so. At least we do have covers though in Croker, LG, Hodko and at a pinch, Siro, though I wouldn't want to start Siro in the halves. It'll be interesting to see which way Des goes. I think he'll play Croker and LG in the halves, at least next week.

Who would have thought we'd be 4-3 after 7 rounds and sitting in 6th spot with two wins over what are currently top 4 teams? Especially seeing as we've done that totally without Dylan Walker and for the most part without Turbo and AFB. The test is going to come now though as we can add DCE to the MIA list, though at least we get AFB back this week.
Excellent summation as always. The only thing I’d say is Waddell deserved an 8, oh and Api, but that’s just man love right there.:inlove:

This kid Fainu controls play as well as Smith. But he is a better attacker. I think we have a young champion on the rise. What I especially like is how comfortable he seems and how spontaneous he is with his plays. He's thinking plays ahead. His passing is crisp and he is adept at suddenly changing the direction of play without any indication its coming. Very clever player. Silky smooth. He deserved a 10 for that game.

This kid Fainu controls play as well as Smith. But he is a better attacker. I think we have a young champion on the rise. What I especially like is how comfortable he seems and how spontaneous he is with his plays. He's thinking plays ahead. His passing is crisp and he is adept at suddenly changing the direction of play without any indication its coming. Very clever player. Silky smooth. He deserved a 10 for that game.
Agree, he was very evasive and busted through some tackles to keep the play going.

The Faiders didn't have a clue what he was going to do next.

I thought he caught quite a few of their dummy halves not square but I don't think we got any penalties from that.

Love that term “ silky” bear . One of my favourites and describes him perfectly.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8