Play it Play it again Joe: Sea Eagles reward veteran with contract

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Berkeley_Eagle

Current Status: 24/7 Manly Fan
Play it Play it again Joe: Sea Eagles reward veteran with contract
RUGBY LEAGUE
14 OCT 11 @ 10:05PM BY JON GEDDES

Joe Galuvao will be a Sea Eagle in 2012.
AMIDST their recent off-field turmoil, the Sea Eagles have received some positive news with confirmation veteran forward Joe Galuvao will stay at the club.

And in another boost, The Manly Daily understands towering forward Tony Williams has agreed in principle to a new two-year deal with the club.

An official announcement about Williams’ future is expected early next week.

Galuvao has agreed to terms for a new deal which will see him back up again in 2012.

The 33-year-old said he is delighted to have his future confirmed, admitting he found a new lease of life playing under head coach Des Hasler.

“They have invested their time in me over the past two years and I am very grateful,” Galuvao said of the club’s support.

“Des came up to me one day and said he didn’t want me to retire, we can get a couple more years out of you.

“That is the type of club this is, when they believe in you, they believe in you 100 per cent.”

Sea Eagles chairman Scott Penn said Galuvao has proved to be a fantastic addition to the club over the past two seasons.

“It was challenging for him to come here in the first place after his previous club Parramatta had just made the 2009 grand final,” Penn said.

“He was probably a little unsure coming here in the first place.”

But he said Galuvao had established himself as a senior member of the team and proved a positive influence on the younger players within the squad.

“He is a terrific family man who adds so much to the team on and off the field,” Penn said.

“He is underrated at times and having No.8 (front-row) on his back was probably not his preference.

“It just shows what a team player he is and is prepared to do whatever it takes for the team.

Williams was a standout with his performances at the back-end of the season and became one of the hottest properties in the game.

His form culminated in Williams gaining selection in Australia’s squad for the upcoming Four Nations tournament.

Several NRL clubs, including Cronulla, have reportedly been interested in signing Williams for next year.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Williams is on the bench for Sunday’s Test against New Zealand in Newcastle.
RUGBY LEAGUE
14 OCT 11 @ 10:05PM BY JON GEDDES

Joe Galuvao will be a Sea Eagle in 2012.

AMIDST their recent off-field turmoil, the Sea Eagles have received some positive news with confirmation veteran forward Joe Galuvao will stay at the club.

And in another boost, The Manly Daily understands towering forward Tony Williams has agreed in principle to a new two-year deal with the club.

An official announcement about Williams’ future is expected early next week.

Galuvao has agreed to terms for a new deal which will see him back up again in 2012.

The 33-year-old said he is delighted to have his future confirmed, admitting he found a new lease of life playing under head coach Des Hasler.

“They have invested their time in me over the past two years and I am very grateful,” Galuvao said of the club’s support.

“Des came up to me one day and said he didn’t want me to retire, we can get a couple more years out of you.

“That is the type of club this is, when they believe in you, they believe in you 100 per cent.”

Sea Eagles chairman Scott Penn said Galuvao has proved to be a fantastic addition to the club over the past two seasons.

“It was challenging for him to come here in the first place after his previous club Parramatta had just made the 2009 grand final,” Penn said.

“He was probably a little unsure coming here in the first place.”

But he said Galuvao had established himself as a senior member of the team and proved a positive influence on the younger players within the squad.

“He is a terrific family man who adds so much to the team on and off the field,” Penn said.

“He is underrated at times and having No.8 (front-row) on his back was probably not his preference.

“It just shows what a team player he is and is prepared to do whatever it takes for the team.

Williams was a standout with his performances at the back-end of the season and became one of the hottest properties in the game.

His form culminated in Williams gaining selection in Australia’s squad for the upcoming Four Nations tournament.

Several NRL clubs, including Cronulla, have reportedly been interested in signing Williams for next year.

Williams is on the bench for Sunday’s Test against New Zealand in Newcastle.

I have always loved Joe. He is a great player and always a good guy.
We are happy to have him as part of our team.

Forget Joe for a minute, we sort of knew he was staying.
T-Rex having agreed in principal to a new 2 yr deal should have been the headline. This is a major re-signing. Well done to all responsible.

Congratulations to Joe for earning another year with Manly.

Now, if his Manager could get him a car deal, the poor man wouldn't have to be abused on the public transport each day that he migrates to the Peninsular.

WAMF said:
T-Rex having agreed in principal to a new 2 yr deal should have been the headline. This is a major re-signing. Well done to all responsible.

I won't get too excited about either of them agreeing to terms or principle for a new contract. When it is announced that they have actually put pen to paper and signed their contracts is when to get excited. Anybody remember last week's headline that Des wasn't going anywhere and then suddenly he was going to the Dogs?

WAMF said:

The trick here Glen is "in principal" Sound s to me like that pen has gone missing again.:dodgy:

Jethro said:
WAMF said:

I won't get too excited about either of them agreeing to terms or principle for a new contract. When it is announced that they have actually put pen to paper and signed their contracts is when to get excited. Anybody remember last week's headline that Des wasn't going anywhere and then suddenly he was going to the Dogs?

SHHH Jethro:D others aren`t as experienced as some when it comes to the way Manly`s heirachy play their supporters/fans..

I love big Joe but the club should just stfu until they have pen to paper with all signings. I have no doubt if a better deal fro T-Rex comes along then his "in principle" agreement will be a distant memory.

In principle agreements are merely a feel good term. Means absolute sh!t.

Gorgeous George said:
I love big Joe but the club should just stfu until they have pen to paper with all signings. I have no doubt if a better deal fro T-Rex comes along then his "in principle" agreement will be a distant memory.

In principle agreements are merely a feel good term. Means absolute sh!t.

Agreed and that was what I was getting at with my other post about not getting excited until pen has been put to paper and the contract signed. Then and only then should there be any cause for celebration.

Despite Nood not having a pen it is super news. Of all the forwards this year he has proven to be the valuable buy and repaid us with interest. Well done Joe!

ManlyBacker said:
Despite Nood not having a pen it is super news. Of all the forwards this year he has proven to be the valuable buy and repaid us with interest. Well done Joe!

Agreed. He's been our most consistent forward all year. Despite my user name he is my favourite forward. He is no nonsense, carts it up beyond the advantage line, time after time. Plenty of value in another brilliant buy by Des.

To be honest an "in princ" headline sounds like nothing more than spin designed to placate fans who are / were upset at the board

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7
7 3 4 31 6