Phil Rothfield: The F**kwit

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

fLIP

UFO Hunter
CONTROVERSIAL NRL star Andrew Fifita has once again landed in hot water after sensationally ridiculing Daily Telegraph journalist and regular Fox Sports guest Phil Rothfield.

The towering Cronulla forward, who was blasted for his post-try blow-up at the coach’s box over the weekend, appeared on sport podcast The Halfcast alongside teammate Josh Dugan and UFC fighters Tyson Pedro and Tai Tuivasa.

“I just don’t know how they (football journalists) are all on TV, and they can talk on football,” Fifita said after the conversation directed toward a discussion on the media. “Excuse my French, but (Rothfield) is a complete f***wit.”

Dugan chimed in, swiping at Rothfield over an article written earlier in the year about him and teammate Paul Gallen wrestling in the Sharks camp.

“It started when Gallen was joking that Dugan had never won a premiership. So the former St George Illawarra and Canberra Raiders star challenged him to a wrestle.,” the veteran league writer wrote in January.

“Old Buzz Rothfield got on it and tried to make out Gal and I were full-on serious (saying) we were trying to punch up in the middle of the park,” Dugan said. “He’s old, weathered (and) baldheaded.”

Rothfield has previously exposed Dugan and Fifita in the press, detailing an ugly incident which got the pair booted from Cronulla RSL in February.

The famous Sharks supporter caught wind of the podcast on Wednesday night and took to Twitter to slam the club’s “ratbags”.

1.png
2.png
3.png

Dammit! I never thought I'd defend Fifita either but....he is of Indigenous Australian and Tongan descent. He's not the first and won't be the last player to change his allegiance. I also think there's a difference between supporting your mate, and supporting his actions.

Other than that...he's a dickhead from what I can gather.

The issue for me with buzz, mole, lurker and all the other gossip style journos is the lack of consequences they receive for all the rubbish they produce (not forgetting the clear agendas they push based on their “sources”)
Then you get clowns like this so called journo having a whinge about being picked on.....

https://twitter.com/stevezemek/status/1031425209725644806?s=19

You know what's more boring than ref bashing? The pile-in on rugby league journalists. Don't blame them for doing their jobs, trying to balance sources, work contacts, all in an incredibly competitive market. Wake me when the Great Rugby League Culture Wars of 2018 are over.

The issue for me with buzz, mole, lurker and all the other gossip style journos is the lack of consequences they receive for all the rubbish they produce (not forgetting the clear agendas they push based on their “sources”)

Who will ever forget the Lyon to Titans rubbish?

Buzz must of had a dream and decided to print it.

Rothfield isn't the problem, the current media culture is. If he doesn't do what he does, he will quickly be replaced by someone else willing to toe the line between fact and fiction to get people to click on articles.

Unfortunately, unlike the general news media - there aren't any really good alternative sorts journalism publications where integrity is highly valued. Honestly, I suspect there isn't much of an appetite for that sort of publication these days anyway.

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2