Phil Rothfield 'Banned'

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Nike

Reserve Grader
mbOi9HF.png

More info here

http://m.dailytelegraph.com.au/sport/nrl/phil-rothfields-open-letter-to-dave-smith-nrl-ban-will-not-silence-me-over-the-issue-of-domestic-violence/story-fnp0lyn3-1227119829607

Look the ban is a beat up but the question of why he was not dealt with more seriously post the incident is an interesting one (and a topic worth debating - does the nrl give additional punishment post a trial? If the Brett cause taught then anything then they should understand the need to wait for a trial to be completed)

For me if a player is convicted of an offence such as this then there should be a consequence either in the form of suspension or fine

For once i agree with Phil and I hope he keeps this fight up and makes the NRL do something.

Buzz is a complete knob and I cannot stand him. But he is right on the money. For me to say that considering the disdain I have for him, takes quite a bit.

Okay. Let's get real.

Violence against anybody, men on women or women on men is still equally bad. Unless that violence is a tackle or shoulder charge in a footy field (BRING BACK THE SHOULDER!).

It doesn't make one gender's violence lesser than the other just because you are equipped with a different organ (and not the one that Bach was well known for).

See article on - "Really? Women bash men?":
http://www.smh.com.au/federal-politics/blogs/modern-times/really-women-bash-men-20110306-1bjpl.html

"Here are a few stats that never seem to get aired: 75% of suicides, men, and no wonder, when you look at the following stats. 80% of homeless, men. 90% of work place deaths, men. 99.9999% or war dead and injured, men. 90% of prisoners, men. More health related deaths at an earlier age, men. Lowest gender specific government health spending, men. Most unemployed, men. lowest tertiary intakes, men. Most discriminated in family courts, men."

Let's face it. All the talk about female discrimination, the real second class citizen are men (unless if you're in the middle east region).

When you go into a club, men can't wear jeans, a tank top or an open shoe. Guess what the chicks can wear? Almost bloody anything they want.

When you're on public transport, some guys give up their seat to a chick. Would the chicks do the same for you blokes?

I'm glad women are afforded suffrage and equal rights (and so they should), however, some are more equal than others.

With regards to salary, hell, I would love the money Gail Kelly, Oprah Winfrey, Shona Brown, Ellen Kullman, Meg Whitman, Safra Catz, Christine Lagarde, Ina Drew, are on.

In summary, discrimination based on gender should have no place in society. But to say one is worse than the other is a joke. You only have to see the crimes women get let off with compared to men. If both genders commit the same crime, I can almost guarantee the females will get off lighter than a dude would. Because you guys ought to know better and a female is less responsible for her own actions?

Here's another take, if you got woken up in the middle of the night because your missus needed a workout, compared to the other way around, how is each scenario be deemed more acceptable by society? It's a society thing we've grown to accept which is okay and which is not?

Since everyone gets a ribbon for whatever cause, it's time for a "gray" ribbon for violence perpetrate against men! LOL :rolleyes:

The thing about Ramrod's post is that you might think he moves in circles where none of the women he encounters in his life have ever been subjected to violence, glass ceilings, or discrimination. Of course they have, but they just haven't bothered to mention it to Ramrod because they know what a dick he is.

It's always fairly easy to find statistics to support your viewpoint.
The vast majority of victims of serious domestic violence and death caused by domestic violence are women.

Cant stand him either, but anyone that can highlight the inequities and inefficiencies of this NRL management team, I'm all for them.

Smith, Greenturd, Grant and all the other losers have their snouts in the trough and have totally screwed the Clubs, Players and Fans since they got in charge.

Sack Dave Smith and Greenturd Now!!!

SeaEagleRock8 said:
The thing about Ramrod's post is that you might think he moves in circles where none of the women he encounters in his life have ever been subjected to violence, glass ceilings, or discrimination. Of course they have, but they just haven't bothered to mention it to Ramrod because they know what a dick he is.

Of course the women in my life have been subjected to discrimination.
I'm just trying to show that discrimination on either gender should not be condoned, whether female or male. It should not be a gender thing. The issue should be discrimination.

..and I prefer to be called c*ck instead of dick. ;)

Ramrod said:
Since everyone gets a ribbon for whatever cause, it's time for a "gray" ribbon for violence perpetrate against men! LOL :rolleyes:

It's not really violence against men if they don't feel a thing and then you bury them deep in your yard. ;)

Just sayin'...

Note: n'pops does not encourage any sort of violence.
Peace, Love and Sea Eagles to all.

Ramrod said:
SeaEagleRock8 said:

Of course the women in my life have been subjected to discrimination.
I'm just trying to show that discrimination on either gender should not be condoned, whether female or male. It should not be a gender thing. The issue should be discrimination.

..and I prefer to be called c*ck instead of dick. ;)

Hmmm, my family must be odd. I just asked my Mum, Wife and Daughter about how they have coped with the discrimination against them throughout their life and all three of them said they had not experienced said discrimination.

It must be just dumb luck.

Edit: Apologies, my Wife has confirmed that she was involved in a couple of discrimination events with a Police Officer on a couple of occasions. She was pulled over for speeding and on one occasion she started crying and was let off with a warning and on the other occasion she "batted her eyelids" and was let off with a warning.......evil!

No problem at all with the domestic violence story, or the exposure of the NRL's inaction.

But what an egocentric stance. "I was banned. Another Murdoch clone did the interview instead. boo hoo."

He turned a legitimate domestic violence story into a self-centered headline about how morally great he is.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8