Phil Gould

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Yeah, Gus had a go at Hook for using the media as his platform for bagging him out but there he was, sitting on his throne at channel 9, under zero pressure, with all the time in the world to bag Hook out under the guise of being rational.

It was obvious Gus was steaming about what Hook said & he played the "man of the people" card perfectly, saying everyone at the club was so loyal to Hook yet there he was throwing them all under the bus in his NRL360 interview.

I dare say a lot of the staff at Penrith would know never to say a bad word about Gus because they'd lose their jobs.

The Footy Show is pure theater, remember when Gus interviewed Joey after he was arrested in London for having ecstasy? That was as staged as it gets. Last night wasn't much different.

Gould is the total narcissist. Its all about him and how things reflect on him. He's a smart individual but he's myopic. Cant appreciate that others just may have a effective alternative viewpoint. He'd be a dreadful individual to have to work for. It would be his way or the highway as they say. You would just be a tool he uses for his own success and enhancing his own belief in his superiority.

Keep Barrett, sack Griffin....get back on your medication

a) I didn't say whether I thought the decision to sack Griffin was right or wrong .... learn to read numb-nutt ...

b) Your opinion to sack Barrett may be the popular or consensus view ... however that does not necessarily make it the correct option .......

As for being on medication .... I never needed it until I start reading some of the dribble the bum sore post on here .... but by all means ... keep doing it ....

Not sure uncle nick has held the roosters back too much. In fact, without him, they have nothing.
Perhaps.

But given their financial resources and corporate connections, they have still won only two premierships since the Superleague, as well as some wooden spoons - a period that is entirely encompassed by his direct connection with that club.

Last edited:
Gould has too much power at Penrith and often people with power and influence generally have a sizable ego that can effect their better judgment. With great power comes great responsibility to ensure that power is used for the best interests of the club that you work for rather than to meet personal agendas or vendetta's. It's easier to punt the coach now whilst the side is sitting 5th rather than trying to move him on after winning a premiership. If this rationale was to apply then the decision made was clearly not made in the best interests of the Penrith club. Gould denies his interest in Ivan Cleary and retaining Nathan Cleary as the motivating factor and points his finger at Penrith Chairman David O'Neill as the one responsible for trying to poach Ivan Cleary from the Tigers. That for me is the final straw and if anybody should been shown the door for the good of the Penrith Club its Gould! Gould cannot put the club before himself and is fast becoming a significant liability that is going to cost the club a fortune. I don't believe that Gould is providing the club any financial contribution out of his own pocket. The Penrith Board need to show some metal and go into damage control at seasons end and move Gould on. i would not be making any announcements about the coach next year until the 2018 campaign is over. Hearing from Griffin on NRL 360 that Gould was undermining Griffin by communicating with the players through the assistant coach really shocked me and I wouldn't have expected that from Gould. No experienced NRL coach could possibly have any confidence that they would not suffer the same fate as Griffin unless they were Gould's puppet.

We need to be careful what we wish for with Gus

One scenario is that Ivan will be at Riff with his son

The club has spoken to the coach and player said they would like to work together
Confirmed

One blocker is Gus in which Ivan won’t work with
Confirmed

Gus said he will only stay until at Penrith until he is not needed

Confirmed

Enter Ivan
Exit Gus

Gus is a fan of baz
Baz is a fan of Gus
Bozo the previous master GM has fled

Enter Gus as GM football and mentor to baz and in charge of a team built on youth and potentially a gun side

Gus is back to being a guru

Stranger things have happened And nothing would surprise me in our current manager thinking

Don’t like it but would not dismiss it

Gould well understands the "window" of opportunity/probability of having everything in the right place to hold up the trophy in september in the modern game.
His plans have failed miserably until now.
He is a narcissist and it would pain him no end that the all-knowing one can't prove to everyone how great he is. He must have huge insomnia problems.

He manipulates the game via the thought-bereft media sheep and the money driven NRL admin with his pompous, self-created appearance of divinity and will keep a face as straight as the equator while doing it.
There are no moral bounds restricting him in his quest for proof and acceptance that he is a higher being when it comes to RL. He is the great one...just ask him if you haven't realised it yet.
He is like a junkie without a fix until he proves it. He will do whatever he thinks it will take.
Nathan is stagnating this year under Hook. Gould can't let that happen to his messiah or his ego will implode.
Nathan wants to be coached by his dad and Ivan wants to coach his son.
Is that the clincher for Gould? Can he make it happen?

Did Hook get shafted because Gould sees a window.and is betting the Panthers house on Nathan and his dad being the ones to build a premiership title around... and finally prove to all how great he is?
The money would need to be huge for Ivan to go back there after being unceremoniously booted last time around

Have Ivan and Gould already teed it up and that's why Hook was shafted?
Maybe. We will see I guess.

We need to be careful what we wish for with Gus

One scenario is that Ivan will be at Riff with his son

The club has spoken to the coach and player said they would like to work together
Confirmed

One blocker is Gus in which Ivan won’t work with
Confirmed

Gus said he will only stay until at Penrith until he is not needed

Confirmed

Enter Ivan
Exit Gus

Gus is a fan of baz
Baz is a fan of Gus
Bozo the previous master GM has fled

Enter Gus as GM football and mentor to baz and in charge of a team built on youth and potentially a gun side

Gus is back to being a guru

Stranger things have happened And nothing would surprise me in our current manager thinking

Don’t like it but would not dismiss it
Wow.. very left field. Cant see it happening

Come to Manly Cleary. Avoid that poisoned chalice at Penrith. Remember fool me once shame on you, fool me twice shame on me.
Or as George Dubya Bush once said:
“fool me once, shame on — shame on you. Fool me — you can't get fooled again.” @:D

Gould: Soccer Ball Head(SBH)/ Gary Goyle (Gargoyle Features)/ Bee Sting Head (BSH).

I can’t agree with ‘Ankles’ for Gould. Aldo Ciraldo is the ankles man, aka Flugelbinder.

*The plastic bindings on shoelaces. That’s all you can see of Ciraldo when he is in the company of SBH/BSH.

Ivan Cleary has announced that he is going nowhere and will remain at the Tigers.

Especially with today's thinly veiled character assassination in the Manly Daily, I think it is likely that Barrett will be at Penrith next year.

Which wasn't even thinly veiled, in fact I detected no veil whatsoever.
Really? By saying he is one of the best young coaches in the game and that Fulton hand-picked him?

It was more a dig at those that say we are better off without Bozo than anything. If it was a thinly veiled attack on anyone I’d say more likely Gorman.

Really? By saying he is one of the best young coaches in the game and that Fulton hand-picked him?

It was more a dig at those that say we are better off without Bozo than anything. If it was a thinly veiled attack on anyone I’d say more likely Gorman.

Agree completely ..... seemed more of a tribute to Bozo, and the gap that he has left .... than any criticism of the club ...

... just saying we need a strong influential football Manager at the club ...... pretty much what others on here have been saying ....

Ivan Cleary has announced that he is going nowhere and will remain at the Tigers.

Especially with today's thinly veiled character assassination in the Manly Daily, I think it is likely that Barrett will be at Penrith next year.

@strone33 has risen from the foetal position and is about to scream “ wooooo hoooo” BUT is tempering his enthusiasm for the moment!

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4