Petero To Broncos for 2012

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

bob dylan

First Grader
Premium Member
Tipping Member
Panthers released him according to nrl.com

What great job Gus is doing there.

The damage so far

1 Sacked Matt Elliott

2 Ticked off all players by not giving Georgalis a crack before signing Cleary.

3 They lose there best player in Petero.

Great start Phil. I wonder when they will start ruing the ridiculous decision to appoint him. It may take 4 or 5 early losses next year, who knows.

bob dylan said:
Panthers released him according to nrl.com

What great job Gus is doing there.

The damage so far

1 Sacked Matt Elliott

2 Ticked off all players by not giving Georgalis a crack before signing Cleary.

3 They lose there best player in Petero.

Great start Phil. I wonder when they will start ruing the ridiculous decision to appoint him. It may take 4 or 5 early losses next year, who knows.

Rumour has it more big names want out from the Panffers. We could find a spot for McKendry and Lewis.

As silly as it may seem i can see what he is doing.

The guy would be on a packet and is at the end of his career, yes, he is their best player but chances of his form slipping during his next contract would be high.

With the money he'll free up from pertro they'll lock in a few younger forwards / juniors.

i also think petro has been too out spoken during this whole thing

great player great role model but mate know your place you are the captain not the CEO

meh, if I were a man in Gusses position I would be taking a broom to the club.

If players start whinging about coach appointments etc, then they are free to go elsewhere, it is not for them to dictate

What was that stuff last week about Petero having a job for life at Penrith.

Then again a week is probaly about the average out there.

I thought one of the reasons Elliott fell out of favour with the powers that be at riff was that he was very outspoken about the lack of investment in their juniors etc. He gets punted and they then look at the juniors situation.

The broom to the club has been such a success at the Doggies.

The greatest asset any business has is generally its workers. A failure to realise that fact can be fatal.

MissKate said:
I thought one of the reasons Elliott fell out of favour with the powers that be at riff was that he was very outspoken about the lack of investment in their juniors etc. He gets punted and they then look at the juniors situation.

I think the fact Penriff played 2 finals games in 5 years, with probably one of the best forward packs in the NRL is a big enough reason to get rid of Matt Elliot. He's much better on the footy shows than he is at coaching.

Petero is a great prop, and easily one of the best in attack, but he is slow in defence, and gets found out.

Utility Player said:
What was that stuff last week about Petero having a job for life at Penrith.

Then again a week is probaly about the average out there.

Mate it sounds like Petero asked for the release. I don't think he was asked to leave. Obviously there is a personality clash or some other problem here but i can't see Penrith sacking the current Australian and Qld prop. In saying that, it'll probably free up alot of salary cap space for them too.

its a good decision really. Penrith are blessed with props , Grant , mckendry, bell and that youg guy on the weekend that looked like matt goodwin went well. To lose a 35 yo prop on top coin is a good decision. The signing of cleary should ensure they can pick up another monster from NZ if they needed one. They need quality playmakers and will never attract one until they put a decent offer together

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6