Peter Bourke

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

SeaEagleRock8

Sea Eagle Lach
Premium Member
Tipping Member
Former Sea Eagles halfback and ... mystery man?
Just browsing the club site and they refer to him in On This Day for 3 April, scored a try against the Chooks.
He's described as being a Kangaroo tourist in 1959-60 after playing in grand final losses to St George in 1956 and 59.
Must have been a top player...
But the only record I can find for him is wiki list of Aus international reps and spelled 'Burke' not 'Bourke'.
RL Players Project doesn't have anything for P Bourke or P Burke

I vaguely recall hearing he may have been the father of Matt Burke? But Matt's entry says his father was Thomas!

So, is one of our best early Sea Eagles Peter Bourke ... or Thomas Burke ... or someone else??

A list of Manly players shows that a Richard Burke played in 1947 and a Peter Burke in 1955 ... those are just the years they first played 1st grade .... don't know how many games each played

Former Sea Eagles halfback and ... mystery man?
Just browsing the club site and they refer to him in On This Day for 3 April, scored a try against the Chooks.
He's described as being a Kangaroo tourist in 1959-60 after playing in grand final losses to St George in 1956 and 59.
Must have been a top player...
But the only record I can find for him is wiki list of Aus international reps and spelled 'Burke' not 'Bourke'.
RL Players Project doesn't have anything for P Bourke or P Burke

I vaguely recall hearing he may have been the father of Matt Burke? But Matt's entry says his father was Thomas!

So, is one of our best early Sea Eagles Peter Bourke ... or Thomas Burke ... or someone else??
Mark from Brisbane is the only one on here old enough to remember our teams from the 1950s

I myself was a kid in the 50's and I remember Peter Burke's name. I think he played alongside Rex Mossop in the late 50's, however I cannot find any confirmation.

Hi all, Peter Burke was half back played for Manly and later Easts I think. His dad was the starter at Warringah Golf course late 50's or early 60's. I remember that the game was in the early stages of TV broadcasting and Manly was on the box and Peter's dad told him to make sure he kept his socks up because he was on TV.

Hi all, Peter Burke was half back played for Manly and later Easts I think. His dad was the starter at Warringah Golf course late 50's or early 60's. I remember that the game was in the early stages of TV broadcasting and Manly was on the box and Peter's dad told him to make sure he kept his socks up because he was on TV.
Nice snippet of background history, thanks, and welcome aboard!

I think his full name was Thomas Peter Burke but he was known as Peter Burke.

Peter Burke - Career Stats & Summary - Rugby League Project

He is in the 1954 Reserve Grade Premiers photo. Second from the right in the front row.

1954ReserveGradePremiers.jpg

@EagleGT
@Brissie Kid
When I check the Player Project there is nothing under P Burke - but under Thomas Burke it shows info for Peter Burke!!
Hey @The Wheel can you suggest the club to update the spelling, looks like Burke is the correct one after all that :)

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7