Perry unveils Manly's master plan

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

ManlyBacker

Winging it
The Sea Eagles boss has high hopes for the premiers' future. Manly chief operating officer David Perry has revealed his blueprint for the embattled club, claiming the premiers can be back in the black by the end of 2013.

Read the full article

A very good read.
A couple favorites...
In a bid to reconnect with former players, Darrell Williams has been charged with heading up an old boys' network. An inaugural golf day will be held on November 25 and the target is to sign up 100 former players by mid December.
''We want the club culture to be more positive and we can do that by getting these guys involved again,''

.....long overdue. Creates a cultural depth to the club, not evidenced before. And brings an historical staunchness to all who love Manly.

And this one....
Perry is also trying to bring ''the big end of town'' to the club by establishing the One-Eyed Eagles, a committee of influential supporters capable of staging exclusive events and attracting business leads.
....I dare say that could be made up of some notable members from Silvertails....I think he (Perry) is tacking in the right direction.

And a nice comeback from the rival organisation to the constant rubbish out of News re: problems at Manly.

wombatgc said:
A very good read.
A couple favorites...
In a bid to reconnect with former players, Darrell Williams has been charged with heading up an old boys' network. An inaugural golf day will be held on November 25 and the target is to sign up 100 former players by mid December.
''We want the club culture to be more positive and we can do that by getting these guys involved again,''

.....long overdue. Creates a cultural depth to the club, not evidenced before. And brings an historical staunchness to all who love Manly.

And this one....
Perry is also trying to bring ''the big end of town'' to the club by establishing the One-Eyed Eagles, a committee of influential supporters capable of staging exclusive events and attracting business leads.
....I dare say that could be made up of some notable members from Silvertails....I think he (Perry) is tacking in the right direction.
The one eyed eagles did already exist and had since around 2007 they were responsible for bring quantum to the club along with grant Mayer.

The references to James Boag are insightful, because that brand has gone from a relatively unknown Launceston-based brewery, to a national brand on the back of innovative marketing campaigns, in about ten years. Which seems to coincide with Perry's time there.

This is all positive stuff. I hope David Perry holds his nerve and stays onboard for years to come. Reading between the lines from various threads, it sounds like he won't have any problems with Geoff Toovey - another guy who knows his way around a boardroom in the big end of town.

I hope he is given a fair go at proving his worth. A lot of people on here seem to want him gone and are because of the Des situation. Im not sure if he even had anything to do with Des contract negotiations.

Well I DO like James Boags (my beer of choice) so you have my vote.

Just get that disgrace of a board out (along with fan ring-ins that Reilly has brought along), and make it professional, and you've done most of the job.

He sounds like he could do some good things for the club but he's new in the role and will make some mistakes. The zorba things an example I have an open mind on the bloke.

Matabele said:
So he's appointed a heap of new staff that the club can't afford. That's encouraging?
Hopefully the investment will pay off. Time will tell .

Matabele said:
So he's appointed a heap of new staff that the club can't afford. That's encouraging?

He probably IS getting advice from the Quantum CEO. They are just copying business plans.

I think one thing we need is a Public Relations coordinator or use an external company because really need to be doing some serious work on our brand. It will be hard because there are all ways going to be **** wits like Paul Kent , bec Wilson and co that are going to bag us. But serious I see first hand at my company how effective regular press releases are. Every time a player does community work there should be a photo taken and a press release.

They're all senior roles, so youd think they'd be 100K to 150K minimum. Sure these people would earn more in the business world, but when they enter the sporting arena, they expect to earn a bit less than in the corporate world. If we're paying corporate level salaries for them, 150K -200K.

Cambo said:
I think one thing we need is a Public Relations coordinator or use an external company because really need to be doing some serious work on our brand. It will be hard because there are all ways going to be f**k wits like Paul Kent , bec Wilson and co that are going to bag us. But serious I see first hand at my company how effective regular press releases are. Every time a player does community work there should be a photo taken and a press release.

Terrible idea, manly does not do charity for papers, they do it for the ones in need

Perry was on Fatty's MMM show yesterday and he came off really well.

One thing he did mention about Des's departure was that until the club had won the GF financially the club was not in a position to pay Des the money that the Dogs were throwing at them.

In the end of it if Des had stayed and got his $750 or Million a year something else would have had to suffer.

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6
6 3 3 -13 6