Perrett collapses twice

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Hope there isn’t some sort of underlying health issue there. Seems strange to get heatstroke twice. Maybe he is just pushing himself extra hard to improve his fitness

"We can confirm that Lloyd Perrett did sustain heat stroke during 2018 pre-season training,” a spokesman said.
“He was correctly handled by Sea Eagles medical staff, with the correct avenues taken to make sure Lloyd returned to full health.
“He is now back training with the full squad as normal.”

Seems strange indeed. How could the medical staff be handling him correctly if they sent him out and he got heat stroke? Didn't a young player just die from heat stroke a week or 2 ago?

It happened in the first week of pre-season training when it wasn't even summer yet....it's not a recent thing.

Medical staff have a duty of care for the player . If they cleared him fit to go back in the heat and train then we should not have any concern.
Lets not forget he has just come back from his honey moon so may be he came back to early .
Honey moons can become very intense and wear you out just as much as any training in the heat.
I am confident the big fellow will be right ;)

Happened in the first week of pre season training, after a two month playing and training break, a wedding and honeymoon fitness and dietary abuse session.
More than 2 months ago.

FFS, they will make a molehill out of anything to make us look bad.

Good grief!

Happened in the first week of pre season training, after a two month playing and training break, a wedding and honeymoon fitness and dietary abuse session.
More than 2 months ago.

FFS, they will make a molehill out of anything to make us look bad.

Good grief!

I'm so unfit, I played 10 minutes, yes 10 minutes of squash Friday and vommitted. Ooof.

Wouldn't the answer to be to start training earlier? Whenever I've been for a run around the lagoon the fields are empty. If it's going to be hot, hit the field in the early am and weight room when it heats up. It's not like this is a summer sport so you need to train for stupidly hot days...

I always find it strange when Manly boast about players training in 40 degree conditions:confused:

The heat and humidity has been crazy these last two summers.
Maybe this is the clubs strange way of telling the world they are climate change deniers

giphy.gif

anyone can get heat injuries if pushing beyond their limits + other factors such as a virus etc.

I have had guys go down on a 20 degree day with heat after a relatively short session. Sometimes you just cannot predict individuals being effected.

I have felt myself going many times but always able to recognize and react before collapsing - tunnel vision is a good indicator.

You wonder why they do it but, after experiencing the heat in the 2013 GF, maybe they're optimistically training for this year's GF :cool:

I'm so unfit, I played 10 minutes, yes 10 minutes of squash Friday and vommitted. Ooof.
Sounds like you have not played squash for a while . To prevent any injuries in the future make sure you warm up and stretch before you go full bore . On a more serious note there is a risk of heart attack when one does not have a high level of fitness , has blood pressure issues or any other health issues that they don't know of because they do not have regular health check ups and goes hard at any vigorous activity such as squash . Take care feathered friend .

Sounds like you have not played squash for a while . To prevent any injuries in the future make sure you warm up and stretch before you go full bore . On a more serious note there is a risk of heart attack when one does not have a high level of fitness , has blood pressure issues or any other health issues that they don't know of because they do not have regular health check ups and goes hard at any vigorous activity such as squash . Take care feathered friend .

Thanks mate

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8