People acknowledging my Manly Jersey today

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Eagles2nv

DESpicable Manly
So its a beautiful summers day here is canberra and i have been around the city doing those last minute xmas things, proudly wearing my manly jersey.

I have had 4 people acknowledge my jersey.

1st one looked at it, looked at me and gave me a wink
2nd one shook his head and muttered 'bloody manly'.
3rd one - i said sorry as i walked around him (you know manners, something bulldogs supporters wont understand), and he said with a smile '''you'll be sorry next year when souths beat manly'', i laughed and said never in a 100 yrs.
4th one - Drove past me, fist in the air and yelled 'Go Manly', obviously a fellow passionate supporter.

I think its great that its been getting so much attention. I have never heard anyone yell out in support for another club.

Surely this happens to you guys aswell, or cause its Xmas years eve everyone is a holiday mode.

Speaking of Xmas. Merry Xmas everyone.

Good stuff, wear it the pride :D

Way too hot in Sydney today for a Manly jersey but wearing a Manly t-shirt instead. Went to see my Physio who is a Parra supporter, he shook his head & groaned when he saw the mighty maroon & white!! lol

Darren said:
No one asked, "You're middle aged and wearing a footy jersey at Chrissy?"

Do people ask where you pinched your Souths jersey from when you're prancing around in it ?

Mals said:
Good stuff, wear it the pride :D

Way too hot in Sydney today for a Manly jersey but wearing a Manly t-shirt instead. Went to see my Physio who is a Parra supporter, he shook his head & groaned when he saw the mighty maroon & white!! lol

How lame, Christmas in Parkes, today 37 degrees, just seen a keen Manly supporter in his jersey - that's dedicated

Saw a guy at the beach today with a manly t shirt on. Gave him the old "nice shirt mate".

Gotta say I am surprised at the number of Eagles supporters up here in Darwin. Plenty of cars getting around with Manly stickers &/or number plates.
CEAGLES - is one I see regularly + heaps of others with Manly membership stickers.
There is also a Hilux getting around with big Eagles stickers on each side too.
Plenty of representation up here in the Top End.
C'mon Larissa get the boys up here for a game. There are plenty of us up here. ;)

People wear footy jerseys all year round in Qld Jase (I mean Darren) but its only Manly that seems to attract the attention.

Wear mine a bit around Reddie Bay and get the usual "bloody Manly".
Think it's great that only our club can evoke so much feeling.
It's a shame there isn't a "I hate this team membership" we'd kill it

MERRY CHRISTMAS!

My father in law wears his hat around western Canada and also just over the border and gets:

"Go the seahawks!" (seattle seahawks nfl team) a fair bit.

To be expected I guess.

globaleagle said:
MERRY CHRISTMAS!

My father in law wears his hat around western Canada and also just over the border and gets:

To be expected I guess.

HAHA GE. I've got a very similar story just in reverse.
My little bloke spotted a hat with an Eagle on it in an op shop. He had to have it and wears it whenever his Manly cap is not around.
He is so proud of his "Eagle" hat.
We haven't the heart to tell him it's a Canadian Rockies hat and not a Manly Sea Eagle hat.
We had so many comments on our travels from Canadians re his 'Eagle' hat. :D

globaleagle said:
MERRY CHRISTMAS!

To be expected I guess.

**** you seahawks

all wonderful stuff!!!

i have a young mate who hails from windsor (as in, hawkesbury river country, famous for heavy biker dudes and ferals from far and wide - apologies to anyone living out that way reading this, but yuh know what i mean...) and apparently, after our glorious 2011 win, said he saw manly flags absolutely everywhere, and for a good while too...

who'd a thunk it...i *could've* strolled into the macquarie arms, like i wanted to, with my manly polo shirt on and NOT gotten punched up!!

i actually think that - waaaaaaaay down, deep in their hearts, they actually love us totally. they know we're good, and want wot we got.

but they can't have it. so they hate us.

Lot of Air Force personnel out that way (Kellyville - Windsor - Bligh Park triangle). Bound to be a strong Manly contingent amongst them because they're the smartest of the Armed Forces.

Spotted a guy in a nice Manly polo shirt which looked new on Saturday night at Ryde Ex Services Club having dinner with family.

Quite possibly someone here on the forum maybe? ;)

There's some guy here at silverstar ski resort wearing a wormald footy jersey and what looks like a well traveled hat.

Oh wait....it's meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!! :d

globaleagle said:
There's some guy here at silverstar ski resort wearing a wormald footy jersey and what looks like a well traveled hat.

Ah so GE's hat version 2013 has not got a run yet?

Mals said:
globaleagle said:

Ah so GE's hat version 2013 has not got a run yet?

Santa hasn't found Canada for membership pack deliveries. :(

Yet! :)

Scarf and hoodie getting a workout as well.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4