Penalties

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

The Who

Journey Man
I can't find the stats but it seemed like we were on the losing end again of penalties. Does anyone know how many penalty counts we've won this year?

Bradza said:
Fox had us winning the penalty count 7-6

I guess, being so eye-eyed, I only remember the penalties we concede. I am surprised, but it's good to hear we have won at least one penalty count this season.

On Fox coverage yesterday you could hear the referees talking quite often in the background. I'm going to watch the tape again but it seemed to me that you could hear them reminding each other to watch Glenn Stewart in the tackles. He got pinged a few times for not clearing the tackled player quick enough.

Also braybrook commented at one stage how manly should be happy at how the penalties were going as it was giving them the edge. This occured just as the penalty deadlock was broken and manly sailed away to a massive 5- 4 lead .4 all until that moment

Brissie Kid said:
On Fox coverage yesterday you could hear the referees talking quite often in the background. I'm going to watch the tape again but it seemed to me that you could hear them reminding each other to watch Glenn Stewart in the tackles. He got pinged a few times for not clearing the tackled player quick enough.

Yep, heard that too, he and Choc are singled out, you see other players do exactly the same every game but never get pinged for it. The refs have a hit list for every game they ref, they know who they can ping just on reputation. Just a way of justifying their existence.

MissKate said:
Yep, heard that too, he and Choc are singled out, you see other players do exactly the same every game but never get pinged for it. The refs have a hit list for every game they ref, they know who they can ping just on reputation. Just a way of justifying their existence.

It started with that Penrith game & gone on every game since. The refs have been focusing on the way Manly dominate in tackles. It was apparently ok all season before that.

Brissie,Penrith were basically playing for their season and at home

Side note,how many seasons have we finished this year? Dogs and Penrith,id argue we boned the Roosters in round 2 also

The count might be 7 to 6, but they got a lot on the 4th and 5th tackle. We seem to get the penalty on the 1st or 2nd tackle. We earned our keep yesterday.

The Eagle said:
Brissie,Penrith were basically playing for their season and at home

Side note,how many seasons have we finished this year? Dogs and Penrith,id argue we boned the Roosters in round 2 also

Gold Coast at Skilled one Monday night.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7