All we are saying, is Pearce off !

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
GARBAGE.....
Hahaha so in your opinion if hastings is our 6 dce will have a better year LOL ok Bradley maybe try watch some games mate green ran the show and we made the 8.. year before dce ran the show we came what 13th lol dce needs an experienced player helping him and hastings is a reserve grader full stop

Hahaha so in your opinion if hastings is our 6 dce will have a better year LOL ok Bradley maybe try watch some games mate green ran the show and we made the 8.. year before dce ran the show we came what 13th lol dce needs an experienced player helping him and hastings is a reserve grader full stop
The role Green played was extremely uncomplicated. Virtually no ball playing, 90% of his role in attack was to be a ball distributor, our flair in attack came via the attacking ability of our outside backs. Ie Walker doing what he does best, running the ball, as opposed to distributing the ball. The greatest advantage that Green gave our side was he created a genuine fifth tackle kicking option, so teams couldn’t just rush Chez at the end of each set. In summary, even if we don’t get Pearce, Hastings is plenty good enough to be play that role. Go back and watch Green in some of last season’s games, it doesn’t take a brilliant mind to figure out what it was he actually did. Put it this way, how many linebreaks did Green create? How many try assists? He kicked some great 40/20’s and got us lots of repeat sets, most of which came at the end of a set.

The role Green played was extremely uncomplicated. Virtually no ball playing, 90% of his role in attack was to be a ball distributor, our flair in attack came via the attacking ability of our outside backs. Ie Walker doing what he does best, running the ball, as opposed to distributing the ball. The greatest advantage that Green gave our side was he created a genuine fifth tackle kicking option, so teams couldn’t just rush Chez at the end of each set. In summary, even if we don’t get Pearce, Hastings is plenty good enough to be play that role. Go back and watch Green in some of last season’s games, it doesn’t take a brilliant mind to figure out what it was he actually did. Put it this way, how many linebreaks did Green create? How many try assists? He kicked some great 40/20’s and got us lots of repeat sets, most of which came at the end of a set.
The guy did everything mate he is the one who lead the team and got us to where we needed to be on the park setting up for dce to do his thing you seriously think hastings can do what green did fmd i almost want it to happen so you can apologize to me when we miss the 8. Its easy to get try assists when you let the other guy do all the set up work and chime in as you please nice and fresh.. dce needs to do alot more we dont have short side raids anymore he had the best dummy amd am excellent cut out pass he barely uses.. underestimate green you have

Please don't let this be true. I don't want Pearce at this club. Not only is he the most overrated player in the NRL, he is also a complete goose.

Besides that, he has left the Roosters because they brought in another halfback in Cooper Cronk. Why would he want to come to Manly who already have a halfback on a long term contract. Does he think he would move into the 7 here over DCE. If that happens, sack Barrett immediately.

I think Pearce will be playing for the Storm or the Tigers next season. I hope so anyway.

We all know Pearce has been an abject failure when it comes to Origin for NSW, but in club football he is a different player and as we know all too well, he has won an NRL premiership as a halfback.

Its actually been his club form that saw him constantly in the NSW team (that and for the past decade there has really been no one other than Hodko who's knees made sure his time at the top was short and sweet).

As to who would play where? The #6 and #7 are so interchangeable these days that it really doesn't matter.

Yep, that's all you'd.
Sorry Wombat.
This would be more like it mate...
yoopers3.jpg

Show some respect to other peoples comments , its my opinion and i never mentioned that Hastings say would be our 6 . Sounds to me you can't stand Dce so you might be following the wrong team .

Today is going to be me checking every ten minutes to see if he's announced. This is a huge, huge signing if we have infact pulled it off. Who said we don't attract quality players?

Chooks are idiots, replacing a young, quality half for a near death quality half who was evidently declining last season. Maybe they view Lam's son as his prodecessor but really, still a dumb and risky move. Typical lack of loyalty from them.

We are premiership threats for sure if we do secure his signiature. Green was great for us, absolutely great, though we did the reverse of what the roosters did. Old for young to ensure our long term spine is the following, Tommy Trbo, Daly Cherry Evans, Mitchell Pearce and Apisai Koroisau. We are close now

Just a quick call on Green/ DCE/ Pearce and add Thurston/ Cronk.
Not about to suddenly jump on a Pearce walks on water post.
Facts are - he was a scapegoat in this NSW debacle in recent years.
If we traded Cronk and Pearce in these games he would be labelled a winner in the 7 for Qld.
They simply have that bit extra when it counts and many players including Hayne, Klemmer, Woods have had more to do with the losses than Pearce.
Green had a solid 2017- and is a solid NRL 5/8 - nothing more - nothing less ....DCE won more games and in fact , was the driving force behind an improved pack last season also, but Green done his job and laid a platform doing more organising than given credit for.
Pearce has 3 key factors that are a genuine step up on Green -
Plenty to prove
By mid 2018, the fans will call it the best signing since BK imo....that’s of course if he signs/signed @:smirk:

Manly's secret weapon to recruit Pearce

The race is on for Mitchell Pearce's signature - and Manly has an ace up their sleeve in back-rower Curtis Sironen.

The pair played a lot of football together in the Balmain junior and are best mates, as were their dads - Tigers legends Wayne Pearce and Paul Sironen.

As kids, Mitchell and Curtis formed a deadly combination on the right side of the attack - and Manly officials will offer Pearce the chance to rekindle that if he comes on board for 2018.

https://wwos.nine.com.au/2017/11/21...t-for-shock-nrl-return-with-warriors-the-mole

Manly's secret weapon to recruit Pearce

The race is on for Mitchell Pearce's signature - and Manly has an ace up their sleeve in back-rower Curtis Sironen.

The pair played a lot of football together in the Balmain junior and are best mates, as were their dads - Tigers legends Wayne Pearce and Paul Sironen.

As kids, Mitchell and Curtis formed a deadly combination on the right side of the attack - and Manly officials will offer Pearce the chance to rekindle that if he comes on board for 2018.

https://wwos.nine.com.au/2017/11/21...t-for-shock-nrl-return-with-warriors-the-mole
So DCE will shift to the left if Pearce signs ??

The two questions to ask regarding the situation are:

Would Manly release Green without a replacement already lined up? No

Would Pearce request a release without already sorting out where he was to go moving forward? No

I agree about the Green part but as Pearce is
The two questions to ask regarding the situation are:

Would Manly release Green without a replacement already lined up? No

Would Pearce request a release without already sorting out where he was to go moving forward? No

I agree about Manly not releasing green without a replacement however pearce has 3-4 options so there is no risk for him leaving without already having a deal in place.

I think it's such b/s lame reporting that every single time a big name is unsigned...'journos' trot out the ole....

such and such is good friends with so and so, or
this guy's dad is good friends with this other cheese head's dad.

Has any player ever come out and said...yeah I signed because me dad likes that guys dad and me is a friend with butternut pumpkin lambchops.

fmd journos....do some real work!

edit: a lot of food references in this post...just realised there is a cooking show on in the background....subliminal!!!

Staff online

• Jethro
    Star Trekkin' across the universe
  • lsz
    First Grader

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9