All we are saying, is Pearce off !

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
TONIGHT: Mitchell Pearce has been given an immediate release by the Roosters. Where will the Blues #Origin halfback go now? Details with @Danny_Weidler, who broke the story for @9NewsSyd, in #9NewsAt6.

The Sydney Roosters have today announced that Mitchell Pearce has been granted a release from the remaining two years of his contract with the Club, with immediate effect.

“Mitchell has been a big part of the Sydney Roosters Club for more than a decade. He’s played 11 seasons of NRL and is among the most-capped players in our Club’s history,” said Sydney Roosters Chairman, Mr Nick Politis AM.

“We all love Pearcey – he has developed very strong relationships with a number of people at the Club and we have been through a lot together. While it would have been great to see him continue to add to his legacy at the Roosters, we respect his decision.

“Mitchell will always be a Rooster, and he leaves with our sincerest thanks and very best wishes,” added Mr Politis AM.

Roosters Head Coach Trent Robinson echoed the sentiments of Mr Politis AM and thanked Pearce for his contribution to the side.

“We’ve been through a lot and I have a lot of respect for Junior both as a footballer and as a man,” said Robinson.

“I’d personally like to thank Pearcey for the role he’s played at the Roosters. He’s a good person who will always have many friends at the Club and I know I speak on behalf of everyone in wishing him all the very best,” he added.

“Obviously, this hasn’t been an easy decision for me to come to, but I feel that it’s the right one,” said Pearce.

“I’ve been with the Roosters since I was 17 and have grown into a man here. I’ve made a lot of close friends at the Club, and I’ve always been proud to wear the Roosters jersey. The Roosters Club and people there will always mean a lot to me, but I’m looking forward to the opportunity and challenge joining a new club will bring, while continuing to push myself to be the best halfback I can be. Now that I’ve made this decision, hopefully I’ll have the rest of my future sorted over the next few weeks,” he added.

Read more at http://www.roosters.com.au/news/2017/11/20/mitchell_pearce_gran.html#5PbDvx8gTVlwCdm2.99

@readingtheplay Just been told deal (Manly) was done over weekend with Pearce, will be announced tomorrow.
Yep heard the same thing on Saturday but didn't think much of it as we can't approach before being released. Pearce was released on Friday. So the dots are starting to make sense

We couldn't have agreed to a deal with him yet. He is still contracted to the Roosters until he is released, and to engage in those negotiations would be tampering. We may though have said look, if you become available we'd be very interested on these terms but until then all the best at the Roosters...

If its true Manly have just moved a few pegs up in the ranking for next years premiership. Top 4 now a strong chance. Buzz must be furious. Now will Greenbug and co try their best to thwart the move.. Wouldn't surprise at all. The Roosters are mad. Letting Pearce go for a near the end of his career Cronk. Bad move.

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2