Pause for celebration

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Matabele

Journey Man
The method may have been lacking, but the point has been made that my churlish thread on Orford last night detracted from the gloss of a momentous night for the club.

So apologies, and herein are some reflections for us to celebrate:

Firstly, 101 tries to Brett Stewart. His status as club legend is already confirmed, he joins the esteemed company of Beaver and Bozo, but for him so much more is yet to come. Congratulations on a marvelous effort and many years of extreme joy provided to Manly fans. Not only does he perform on the field, his struggle to overcome his diabetes and false accusations in court and media are inspirational.

This segues nicely into remembering that Stewart is back on the field at last! May the injury gods smile on him for here.

Last night we held a side to nil for the first time in three years. In deplorable conditions, they had the majority of ball and more than 50 tackles inside our 50, yet our line held intact. An excellent effort where players could be forgiven for the odd lapse in the conditions. Our defense is getting back to 1996 and 2008 levels.

Our young players are brilliant. Foran is a stand out, DCE is developing, Buhrer is a young version of Watmough without the baggage, Hopoate could be anything. Little wonder clubs are circling as we currently have the best stable of young talent in the land. Where are Crusher’s nay-sayers now?

Our backline depth is such that we have an international playing in NSW Cup and looking like he will struggle to get back into the side.

Our halves have improvement in them, a turnaround from two years ago where our halves situation was one of decline.

We’re at the back end of a difficult ownership transition with a new CEO about to start. We can only hope he is progressive, forward thinking, kind to his staff and savvy with new media.

I’m sure there’s plenty more but with that I might bid thee all farewell for a little while.

Ciao.

By churlish did you mean you were:
a) vulgar
b) surly
c) intractable
d) all of the above?

:p

A good read, Andrew. Often think you should be in the media.

Can we please have a "Positivity" forum. I dont want to trawl through all of this crap to get to the depressing stuff.

Rex said:
By churlish did you mean you were:
a) vulgar
b) surly
c) intractable
d) all of the above?

:p

A good read, Andrew. Often think you should be in the media.

Yes a good read Mata and please have another bite of humble pie. Many good points! :heart:

Really felt sorry for Matt Orford last night....

Go Manly!!

he didnt say he was wrong.

And in fact I think he was right, but may have overdone it.

I dont think humble pie is or should be on the menu.

Clontaago, I'm always struggling thorugh the positives to find the more chewy, depressive stuff :)

Mata, did they bring out the hook for your orford post?

also felt sorry for orford. no matter what you made of his contribution to our success and/or failings, he never left anything in the shed when he played for us.

How could you not feel sorry for him? He is a premiership winning Manly captain. And monday night proved to many that he is way past his best. There are form slumps and there are form slumps.

I must admit on Monday night i laughed ferociously at an opposition halfback that drop punted a ball that didn't make the 40m line. Espescially after our own half previously had shot one 60m on the fly. I also didn't feel scared at any stage that our line would be broken. But then again, i was never confident of him doing that.

Then i felt sorry for the man. Regardless of what anyone here thinks, he is well liked around our club. I for one am happy that we won easily on monday but was but the feeling would have been much more had it not been at the expense of Orford.

DSM is right, why on earth would you feel sorry for Ox? He is doing it by choice & getting paid a great deal of money to do so.

Having respect for him doesn't mean you have to feel bad every time he makes a bad call.

Are you seriously telling me how i should feel mate? You can feel how you like but i'll feel how i bloody well want to. I've met the bloke numerous times and i like him. If he's just a bloke wearing an opposition jersey to you that's fine but to others he's something else.

Fonz, when he's out on the paddock playing against The Mighty Sea Eagles, he is just another bloke wearing an opposition jersey who I'll scream at and bag. Feel sorry for him for playing like crap AGAINST us? No.

its your thread, you want it open go for it.

I was trying to avoid the garbage of the other night.

Well look i'm sorry. If you have an opinion, that's fine. If it differs from mine, go **** yourself.

Who pointed fingers at you Fonz?

as i said i didnt want it heading down the same path as the other shambles from monday, nothing more.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7