Paul Kent ; Api front runner for NSW no 9

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

BOZO

Journey Man
Tipping Member
Angus Reid
Published on Feb. 26, 2018

Updated at 4:44 a.m. ET

NRL guru Paul Kent believes that Manly Sea Eagles hooker Apisai Koroisau is the front-runner for the Blues' number nine jersey in this year's State of Origin.

Gold Coast Titans player Nathan Peats is the incumbent hooker after making his Origin debut in last year's disappointing loss to the Maroons.

NSW won the first SOO game at Suncorp Stadium in dramatic fashion and the Blues also found themselves leading halfway through game two in front of their home fans.

However, as Queensland usually do, they pulled together and produced a stunning final three halves of Origin football to win their third consecutive series and their eleventh from the past twelve.

Peats was a defensive monster but failed to add much to the Blues' attack.

NRL360 host, Ben Ikin was incredibly impressed with one South Sydney player during their victorious Charity Shield clash over the Dragons.

"The performance I enjoyed on the weekend was that of Damien Cook for the South Sydney Rabbitohs," Ikin said.

"He has effectively played second-fiddle to Robbie Farah."

Buzz Rothfield went one step further that Ikin.

"I think he has potential to replace Peets in the NSW State of Origin side," Rothfield said.

"I don't want to be making outrageous statements after a trial game, we saw enough of him last year."

Paul Kent had another player in mind, however, and the rest of the panel had to agree that he may be right.

"I don't think he (Cook) will play Origin this year, I think Api Korisou," Kent said

"Brad Fittler, he's a new coach, I think Api Korisou in the hooking race would have the number one slot."

Korisou was a revelation for the Sea Eagles in 2017 and added another dimension in attack with Daly Cherry Evans.

The 25-year-old also played incredibly well for Fiji throughout last year's Rugby League World Cup.

With NSW likely to take both Jake and Tom Trbojevic, Sea Eagles fans may be hoping their hooker doesn't get poached also.

Since when did one journalist quoting another journalist constitute news, or even mildly believable content ?? How hard up for a story are you ?? and how lazy can you be ??

No doubt Kent will be quoting this clown on NRL360 saying the mail around Api being blues hooker is getting stronger as other sources have said the same. What an echo chamber.

The powers that be will rip the spine out of our club come origin time this year. Regardless of where we sit.

Watch T Turbo, Cherry in the dressing sheds kitted up with joggers on.

Another nail in the 2018 coffin.

I'm feeling awfully pessimistic today :D

Slow news day?

People have been pushing Api for NSW Origin ever since last year. He's gone from the talented kid being in the right place at the right time to win a premiership with Souffs, then maligned by Manly fans (including myself) for his woeful passing game at dummy half, to improving that much that he is now generally acknowledged as the best #9 in the game behind only Scam Smith.

Come Origin time this year, about the only part of the spine we'll have to play with will be the halves. Thank God that DCE stayed at Manly.....and thank God for the Qld hillbilly mentality that turning his back on a Qld based club was turning his treasonous back on the state itself. At least we get to keep him in the real maroon [and white] ;)

We need cover for him in our squad. He puts his body on the line which raises the risk of injury and he is a big chance for origin.

if Api improves like he did last year he would be right up there.

Although NSW like to pick players a year after they have been playing well

Staff online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7