Paul Harragon quits Channel Nine's NRL Footy Show

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

clontaago

First Grader
RADICAL formatting changes and a makeover of Channel 9's ailing NRL <i>Footy Show</i> have forced key panellist Paul "The Chief" Harragon to quit.

After 14 years causing havoc and talking all things rugby league alongside the programs ring-leader Paul Vautin, Harragon says a revamp of the program has given him little choice but to move on, The Daily Telegraph reported.

"The Footy Show, like any business is undergoing big changes for its future success," the former Newcastle premiership winning captain said today.

"I was very pleased to be offered a role as a part of that future, however after some careful consideration I have come to the conclusion that the time is right for me to move on."

The Footy Show suffered its worst ratings slump on record last year and despite calls for its axing, Nine boss David Gyngell promised the program would be back in 2009.

No great loss. The show is a good 10 years past its use by date in my opinion & should have been scrapped years ago. At least the Sunday Footy Show was about footy.

I wonder if NIB realise how many people will never use them because they use this clown in their ads?

They should get the blokes from barefoot rugby league to do the footy show instead at least it would be entertaining

Wes Patten has a court date on Feb 10, so his place on Dan's Barefoot Rugby League Thursday Night Footy Show might be in doubt....

I'm one in the minority that enjoys the footy show, however in saying that....Chief was cringe worthy 95% of the time.

Quit ?????........punted (or boned, as they say at 9) is what I've heard.

Hopefully they won't replace him with that other "great" Novocastrian - Andrew Johns! At least now there won't be the Newcastle connection of The Chief and Matt Johns.....

Kram link said:
Hopefully they won't replace him with that other \"great\" Novocastrian - Andrew Johns! At least now there won't be the Newcastle connection of The Chief and Matt Johns.....
  Bring Chief back with that trio and they could have a great banter about their cheating days of drug taking back in the 90s. 

Matabele link said:
[quote author=Kram link=topic=179017.msg204953#msg204953 date=1231373975]
Hopefully they won't replace him with that other \"great\" Novocastrian - Andrew Johns! At least now there won't be the Newcastle connection of The Chief and Matt Johns.....
  Bring Chief back with that trio and they could have a great banter about their cheating days of drug taking back in the 90s. 
[/quote]

The Robbie 'O Roid hour?

I just hate those drug taking cheating bastards.  Give us back the premiership you druggos.  Andrew Johns, Number One drug cheat.

Thank God!

Now we won't be tortured with comments like how great Kurri is - I've lived there ..... it's not wonderful.

Also there will be no major grammar errors for example, "this kid, he done a great job"

Do they still do that banal "that's gold" segment and show his big ugly gob each time he falls off a cliff or goes on the Vomitron? 

What's a vomitron?  I didn't watch the show because of all those talking ****eheads from Drugcastle. 

I got caught up in the fever of Manly's march to glory and started watching the show again this year. I would tape it and FF through the boring bits.

They regularly threw up (pun not intended) old clips of the boys being idiots and chundering. The Chief added zero to the show so I am not surprised he has left - punted or otherwise. His 'That's Gold' segment hung around every week like a bad smell with more shots of idiots being idoits or fat women and I won't miss it at all. How many pics of people sticking one hand in another are we supposed to endure.

If I never see Mathew Johns simulate man-sex with another footie player it will still be too soon. The Raiders team that Daley came from was one of the best but Lozza provides insights into how stupid he is. The only time he attempted to offer anything was his attempts to justify why the NSW selectors didn't keep getting it wrong, but the fact is that he is part of the team that did get it wrong. Nice bloke he may be but the enthusiastic embracing of Sailor was hard to swallow. Sack all of them, keep Fatty for nostalgic reasons and get a completely new look.

One thing the show didn't shy away from were the controversies in the game when they broke. From off-field indiscretions, to NRL criticism, to the SBW defection etc they covered them with openness that was good to see. Their coverage of RL in PNG was interesting. Interviews with SOO and team coaches is always good.

I understand the show is built around 'entertainment' but I don't want a never ending series of gay and fart jokes.

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6
6 3 3 -13 6