Paseka possibly in?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Manly Daily 2018-4-21

A Manly Monster

Jon Geddes

image.ashx

Taniela Paseka in his NRL debut against Wests Tigers last Sunday. Picture: NRL Media.

Sea Eagles look to a huge young forward to muscle up against the Eels tomorrow

HE is the 198cm 125kg monster forward who is ready to make an impact for the Sea Eagles in tomorrow’s crucial game against Parramatta at ANZ Stadium.

“I’m pretty big,” 20-yearold Taniela Paseka said with a laugh.

He is primed to do some damage on the field for Manly in a game that will test the character of the team after a week of turmoil surrounding the axing of Jackson Hastings from the NRL squad.

With fellow Sea Eagles forwards Curtis Sironen and Kelepi Tanginoa suffering season ending injuries that has opened the door for Paseka to get his opportunity.

And he feels he now has a responsibility to step up for the team.

“My job as an impact player is to come on and bring some energy, make some hard runs, some go forward metres,” he said.

“That’s my job, I’m not like an 80 minute player “

Paseka made his NRL debut in last week’s game against his former club Wests Tigers.

“It was an amazing experience to finally live out my childhood dream and get out onto the field with the boys,” Paseka said.

“It was what I expected, it was really tough and fast.”

Paseka had his own cheer squad at the game and had to get more than 20 tickets for his family to attend.

And he is ready to step it up again against the Eels after getting the feel of what NRL was all about last weekend.

“Having that debut helps with confidence knowing where I am at and good positive feedback from the coaches and the boys as well,” he said.

“I am feeling good at the moment, I just can’t be complacent and drop off because then I will lose my spot.”

Coach Trent Barrett told the young forward that there was spot for him and that he had to work for it.

“There is positive feedback from him after every game,” Paseka said.

“He is always telling me what to do,”

Paseka said he does need to work on his fitness.

“Because first grade is a lot harder faster I have to learn to keep up with the boys in the match,” he said.

“I am all right at this weight, match fitness is the best fitness.”

A big pre-season campaign has helped his progression up into the NRL.

Paseka joined Manly from the Wests Tigers after being released in round six last year, spending the year in the under 20s with one appearance in the NSW Cup.

‘‘My job as an impact player is to come on and bring some energy

Sea Eagle Taniela Paseka

What’s everyone’s thoughts on Taniela after now quite a few games in the top grade from the young bloke?

Similar to Tom Wright I see his elevation as a positive from a tough season. Very solid in the middle and will obviously improve as he gets more comfortable playing NRL.

What’s everyone’s thoughts on Taniela after now quite a few games in the top grade from the young bloke?

Similar to Tom Wright I see his elevation as a positive from a tough season. Very solid in the middle and will obviously improve as he gets more comfortable playing NRL.
He looks the goods,just hope he’s getting the right coaching

I thought yesterday was his best game. Dynamic in attack and was looking to hurt in defence and make an impact. He's coming along nicely and improving, which is all you can ask from a young guy given a go.

I thought yesterday was his best game. Dynamic in attack and was looking to hurt in defence and make an impact. He's coming along nicely and improving, which is all you can ask from a young guy given a go.

For sure. Coming back from injury as well means it will still be a few more games until he gets back to speed.

Add another off season and who knows, might be able to start next year and allow AFB to return to the bench where he just destroys teams.

Have been impressed by his energy and effort ... areas where I had my doubts ...... will continue to improve ,,,,,

Trent Barrett and the coaching staff should be congratulated for the way they have brought him on .....

Overall our forward have improved under Barrett and our backs have gone backwards.

Is it Barrett, or the forwards/backs coach or a combination?
Overall our team as a whole has not improved . Every one can make their own assumptions

Improved lol. Now that’s the best I’ve heard all year. I’d hate to see us if we hadn’t improved.

And trying to pin it on a backs coach ? Hate to break it to you but the backs coach is Trent Barrett Ex NSW and Australian 5/8 .Played 15 tests for Australia in the backline and now we have a mythical backs coach to share the blame. WOW.

Last edited:
Overall our forward have improved under Barrett and our backs have gone backwards.

Is it Barrett, or the forwards/backs coach or a combination?

Interesting comment ...... and has merit ... Kelly as an individual I think has grown but as a group ... ?

Don't know the answer, but what has changed from days of yore is the amount of work that backs are now required to do ...

factors may include 1) Dylan out for all but a handful of games ........ 2) The young age of Suli, Kelly, Parker, Turbo, Croker and now Wright .... 3) We play a very shallow formation ......

So who is the backs coach ? His name is Barrett. That’s why it’s interesting comment.Talking about clutching at straws.

Staff online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6