Partnering Dce when he is back.

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

robbiea

First Grader
Tipping Member
Who do you think is Des's prefered Half partner for Dce once he is back full time ?
I dont think its that cut and dry.
Elgey,Croker or Cust ???
I am thinking the three will get a look over origin.
All have their own merits and differing styles.
Elgey even starting to defend in the same league as the other two now.
Think Cust has a bit more in attack.
Will be interesting ,rank Dce's probable halves partner for after origin.
I could be completely wrong here and have it totally backwards ,but I'm going -
Cust
Croker
Elgey.
(Not having a go at Elgey ,his game has come on in leaps and bounds,just thinking what is Des's needs for this team)
**And on a side note ,Do you think any are in the equation for next year and beyond ?
Remember this isn't a Des picked team.He will be chopping and changing this team more to suit his style and needs.

Last edited:
I would of thought Elgey would bring more to this team. His kicking game is shocking seems like a one trick pony with putting the bomb up and hoping for the best. I'd probably have Crocker in there as he has more experience than Cust. But I'd be happy with either. How good is it having so much depth in the halves.

I think it’s between Croker and Elgey. You have to give these guys a shot to play for their futures in the next few weeks and then over the rest of the season. I quite like Elgey as a foil for DCE but admit Croker looked strong in his limited time on the park.

Cust needs time but if neither step up to really make the spot theirs over this season then he will be a legimitate option starting next year, especially with a year of NsW cup. He needs to be mentored there and learn to steer a team around and game management stuff.

Croker should be preferred based on what we have seen in his 1.5 games

We can't persist with elgey if he keeps this kicking game going

I did a bit of reading about Elgey when we first signed him.Alot of his former team mates were upset he was leaving .Ryan James even quoting something about his pin point accuracy with the boot.Dont see it Ryan !!

Elgey was gaining confidence with Dce so I'd say him . If not Croker.

Other than the fact that Des had actually dropped him because he wasn't coming up to scratch. He only got a reprieve because Cherry got injured, then Croker as well.

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7
7 3 4 31 6