Parra Salary Cap

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Essex Eagle

I'll apologise if this has been covered elsewhere but I saw the headline this morning and was not surprised. The reason i'm not surprised isn't that Parra have messed up again at baord level (that after all is to be expected) it is that why shouldn't a club 'roll the dice' with the salary cap and try to bend it for their own purposes. There is no punishment for doing so. The NRL can't be too heavy handed with the punishment as I suspect the practice is commonplace within the league and a wider controversy would be bad for the game.

My belief is that this salary cap 'rorting' for want of a better word will continue for as long as the members of clubs impacted ideally standby and watch it happen. There are avenues open to members of the clubs in respect to how the board manage /mismanage the club. The main route would be action against the Directors under the remit of Directors and Officers insurance claim. This is where the plaintiff can sue directors of an organisation for wrongful acts within their capacity as directors. Mismanagement of the cap would most certainly fall under this category. There are also remedies available under various torts i.e. negligence which could be pursued.

Until boards are held accountable by their members nothing will change sadly. However I am afraid that supporters will always be reluctant to take this action against their own club for fear of the ramifications.

I don't think we can allow the thread title 'Parra Salary Cap' as this is the rugby league forum. There is a separate fantasy forum for fictitious topics such as Purple Unicorns and the like.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7