Parker's defence

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Is Parker the best defencive centre in the game. He has a wonderful technique and his ability to shut down the opposition's attack is second to none. His decision making is spot on especially when we are outnumbered. I cant think of a better one in the game at the moment. Manly really need to re sign him asap. He is proving he is more than just a handy backup. As they say defence wins games, especially in September and October

He reads the play so well in defence. That’s just as important as technique.Every week we see centres rushing up and forcing the singers to follow. He gets it right and Tafua is benefitting as well. Limited in terms of speed in attack but runs tough lines to make up for it. Good solid first grader now.

Last edited:
I love the red dog. Anyone think he could handle 2nd row, maybe replace thommo next year?
Don "t think with his playing and running style that he would be a good fit for the 2 nd row . Natural centre , always has played his best footy there and seems so much more comfortable there , Maybe at a pinch he could fill in at second row but that would be it i think .

Is Parker the best defencive centre in the game. He has a wonderful technique and his ability to shut down the opposition's attack is second to none. His decision making is spot on especially when we are outnumbered. I cant think of a better one in the game at the moment. Manly really need to re sign him asap. He is proving he is more than just a handy backup. As they say defence wins games, especially in September and October
Yeah his defence was outstanding yesterday... it has been all year. To think that this very same squad was just one win off the spoon last season... what a difference a year (and an accomplished 5 time GRAND FINALIST coach) can bring.

He reads the play so well in defence. That’s just as important as technique.Every week we see centres rushing up and forcing the singers to follow. He gets it right and Tagus is benefitting as well. Limited in terms of speed in attack but runs tough lines to make up for it. Good solid first grader now.
I tell you, I am sick of the singers infiltrating our game, this isn’t the Voice. Let them stick to falsettos and leave the footy to the players. As for Tagus, he was a no name last year, in fact one would hardly remember him playing at all - this year though, wow, it’s like he is a new man.

Last edited:
Always had a good footy mind and reads the game well. Still young and improving with experience. Hopefully can get over his injury issues.

I still remember one of his first few games in 2017 we were on the desperation attack late in the game down a converted try and TT was up attacking to Parker dropped back 20m towards the center of the ground "just in case".

Always had a good footy mind and reads the game well. Still young and improving with experience. Hopefully can get over his injury issues.

I still remember one of his first few games in 2017 we were on the desperation attack late in the game down a converted try and TT was up attacking to Parker dropped back 20m towards the center of the ground "just in case".

Agree ... always been a good footballer since he debuted at 19 years old ..... just has taken a few numbnuts a while to come to Jesus ... he still hasn't fully grown into his legs yet ... running style like kermit in a blender .... has a mistake in him, but I am still to see the footballer that doesn't .... tends to get a bit over excited and loses balance, but that will pass ....

Doubt he will ever be a superstar .... but he will do me until another one comes along .....

I often wonder how Nathan Green and Tom Symonds would have gone under Dessie.

Parker reminds me of a more complete Jack Reed who played for the broncos a few seasons back. A powerful red head centre, Brad has improved so much this year under Des I look forward to seeing Parker remain injury free for the rest of the season. He stabilised his side of the field yesterday in a solid hit out. Keep it up Scorpio!

He plays like it means something to him, shows a heap of pride in the jersey and has a lot of potential yet in my opinion..

I thought our whole defensive structure looked a hell of a lot better with him at left center and Walker at 5/8.

There’s a possibility that Cust being concussed may have helped Dessie strike on a hell of a combination that looked great, and can only get better with some time and a few real tests under their belts..

I love defensive centres, so important. Parker is a great defender, but also a very straight direct runner of the ball, deceptively strong this year, breaking tackles and making good metres out of dummy half.

Walker to 6 for mine, playing as a running 5/8. Wouldn't drop parker.

His defence is Top shelf and I reckon he is arguably the most improved player in the game in 2019.
To ice the cake he scored a barnstormer against the Eels and will give him great confidence in attack....deserves every accolade that comes his way for having a red hot go every game.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6