[Resurrected] Parcell the next to go?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
NRL219BE.jpeg

Ha Ha ha, do you really think that will happen??? Watch for a sudden withdrawal of the charges because she says it never happened or something like that. The brown paper bags out that way will be passed to her by the truck load. The NRL will do ANYTHING, absolutely ANYTHING to get the slime competitive.
Or, he will be convicted of something but the NRL will allow him to play the entire year before determining his penalty - which is exactly what they did with Au'vaa (or whatever his name is) so he could win a grand final.

I was a massive fan of parcel, but I have been watching him in his first super league game...... and we may have dodged a bullet. He has made several mistakes and only one good play. I wish him all the best for the future

I was a massive fan of parcel, but I have been watching him in his first super league game...... and we may have dodged a bullet. He has made several mistakes and only one good play. I wish him all the best for the future
Super league comp is not that super either . I didn't see the potential he showed in the QLD cup when he was playing for us

Super league comp is not that super either . I didn't see the potential he showed in the QLD cup when he was playing for us
I thought he was going to be amazing, but in the game I just watched his passing was crisp but that's all that stood out

I'm surprised. He was a running hooker at Ipswich and an excitement machine, scoring tries (five in one semi final, if I recall correctly). At Manly he showed glimpses on this, and I put this down to him being 'over-coached' and instructed to pass more, run less.
I've not seen him play since he left Manly but I thought he'd be sensational in Super League. Please keep us apprised.

I'm surprised. He was a running hooker at Ipswich and an excitement machine, scoring tries (five in one semi final, if I recall correctly). At Manly he showed glimpses on this, and I put this down to him being 'over-coached' and instructed to pass more, run less.
I've not seen him play since he left Manly but I thought he'd be sensational in Super League. Please keep us apprised.

Yep, from what I saw then I was really excited , but either he was coached to play a different way or the step up was too much of a leap ( often the case for players coming from the 20's / QLD cup.)

Last edited:
Curious it is how so many now have a downer on Parcell whereas for much of last season, the argument was that he had more to offer than Api, especially with his slick service and defence

Sure, he didnt set the game on fire, but what player did. Also need to remember he played second fiddle to Api in the early rounds with limited time on the field. When he finally assumed the mantle of first choice hooker, he suffered injury after four rounds. He came back as first choice hooker six more games but then was off injured until the last three rounds. There were suggestions that he was struggling with a hamstring issue, which may explain his reluctance to stretch out. But really, in a team struggling for combination, as well as injuries to others every week, I think for his first season in the big time, he did well.

Basing his performances in the Super League based on one game is a little rich, especially given he is now with a whole new set of players to adapt to. One forum member said he starred, others say he was disappointing, while others say he was satisfactory without being brilliant, so we can assume on balance that he did OK. As I didnt see the match, I can only base that on what is being said.

Personally I think Parcell has a lot of potential and I suspect we are going to be sorry we let him go like Gutherson. But that's just an opinion. However I would suggest we leave judging Parcell's performances for at least the first half of the season, by which time combinations should have been settled and Parcell will have more of an opportunity to weave his reported magic...if it exists.

Time for a much bigger hat Loobs , I was poking about looking something to show Yokahontas about Api and I stumbled upon this thread. Probably explains the grief I have caused so many by suggesting that Api can actually play.
I need to check the history more in future before I stick my neck out . I'm learning all the time. Harve this is partly your fault , but this is so bloody funny it is scary !

WARNING - under no circumstances should anyone click back to number 27 on that little box below
All good fun Forty.......
I love the treasure trove of old threads.
But I don't want to upset @yokahontas. She provides me with plenty of laughs.
Plus I've had a massive weekend.
Amazing I can still see.
But I'll be trawling through those old threads tomorrow.

Not upsetting yokahontas Harvie , just showing evidence that Apis defence was questioned as well as his attack. Easy to find no great time spent looking things up and very interesting . The notion expressed so often here, that head office is clueless and they need to be listening to some free advice from this forum ,has to be included under the " truth is stranger than Fiction " mantra !
I doubt the giant Shannon Boyd will question his defence when he goes to walk this morning.

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6
6 3 3 -13 6