• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Steppa is quite fast

Hoppa apparently is as quick as ever - not the quickest, but not a complete slouch in a straight line. Its his turning.

Tezza wasnt to bad from what i saw against the dragons, ran away from some of their backs.

Don and stew are top 10 NRL.

i Wouldnt say we lack pace - given an injury to our quickest player as well.

Hoppa slow to turn mainly.

Hill looked pretty quick in the Dragons game, icouldnt believe it was him when he ran away for that try.

Don and stewy are fast and hicks is lightening too

The jury is out for me! I am not happy with Stewart and Donald playing out of position to cover for Hoppa's inadequacies in cleaning up kicks behind. It did not work in the trial against the Dragsters!

Hoppa is said to be fast but it remains to be seen how quick he is this year - he never seems to get around his man when he is actually in position.

Donald and Stewart are as fast as any in the comp, Terry looked okay in the trial against the Dragons and Stephenson looked quick against the Tigers and also in the game against the Storm last year. Pity Hicks is out as he is a flyer.

My feeling is that we are okay on the speed front, though the Tigers looked quicker in the trial, but I don't think that is the reason why we will win or lose!

I cannot argue with Vegas but we still have some flyers in Stewart & Donald plus Hicks when he returns

It's hard to say Vegas. Tezza and Hoppa maybe slower than we'd like but from reports there doing well. I'll have to reserve judgement till after sundays game.

Defense is the key. If we are defending well across the paddock, pace will not be an issue in defense or attack especially once Hicks is back. We need to play with high intensity and passion for 70+ mins in every game for us to become a force once again.

Replace Hoppa with Hicks when he is fit and that should then make it a very fast backline

slowest 2-5 in the comp without hicks.if toopi wants to play this year he could eat us.in 02,03 close to best centre in the game.if they turn up to play they should win at home first up.it is going to be tough.even if we get beaten,if we tough it out the way is open for a good year down the track.a flogging though will be very hard to deal with.

I'm with Sue on this one. Last season was a bit of an aberration for the Warriors, and we shouldn't forget what they're capable of. Toopi and Meli in particular can be frightening on their day, and you'd be a fool to dismiss the impact players like Price, Wiki and Fien could have on the team. They're entitled to favouritism for the match, and they should beat us. What matters for the Eagles is how we approach the game. I'll be happy if we dig in, don't give away silly penalties, hold onto the ball and show a little defensive steel. Of course winning would be nice too. :lol:

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4