Our signing compared to others

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Rambo1987

Bencher
Player movements for the 2010 Season

Sea Eagles
Dean Whare - Dragons
Matt Cross - Storm
Joe Galuvao - Eels

Broncos
Denan Kemp - Warriors
Tim Natusch - Knights

Bulldogs
Blake Green - Sharks
Mickey Paea - Dragons
Junior Tia Kilifi - Panthers
Dene Halatau - Tigers
Steve Turner - Storm

Cowboys
Isaak Ah Mau - Broncos
Leeson Ah Mau - Warriors
Will Tupou - Broncos
Shannon Gallant - Tigers
Brett Anderson - Storm
Brenton Bowen - Titans

Sharks
Paul Aiton - Panthers
Adam Cuthbertson - Sea Eagles
John Morris - Tigers
Dean Collis - Tigers
Albert Kelly - Eels
Broderick Wright - Eels
Rodney Moefaauo - Eels
Nathan Gardner - Eels
Siosaia Vave - Titans

Roosters
Jared Waerea-Hargreaves - Sea Eagles
JP du Plessis - South African Rugby Union
Daniel Conn - Titans
Todd Carney - Atherton Roosters (Cairns Competition)
Aiden Guerra - Storm
Phil Graham - Raiders
Kane Linnet - Dragons
Jason Baiteri - Eels (U20s)
Jason Ryles - Les Calatans (ESL)

Rabbits
Dave Taylor - Broncos
Ben Ross - Sharks
Sam Burgess - Bradford (ESL)

Titans
Joseph Tomane - Storm

Eels
Shane Shackleton - Roosters
Justin Poore - Dragons
Timana Tahu - Waratahs (Rugby Union)
Tom Humble - Northern Pride

Tigers
Geoff Daniela - Panthers
Junior Moors - Panthers
Arana Taumata - Storm
Mitch Brown - Sharks
Liam Ayoub - Canterbury Bulldogs SG Ball
Liam Fulton – (ESL)
Mark Flanagan - (ESL)
Daniel Fitzhenry – (ESL)
Tame Toupu – (ESL)
Jason Cayless – (ESL)

Storm
Chase Stanley - Dragons
John Kite - Bulldogs
Luke MacDougall - Newcastle
Todd Lowrie - Eels
Bronx Goodwin- Sharks
Atelea Vea - Sharks

Dragons
Peni Tagive - Tigers
Michael Greenfield - Rabbits

Panthers
David Simmons - Sharks
Daine Laurie - Tigers
Nigel Plum - Raiders
Adrian Purtell - Raiders
Kevin Kingston – Eels

Warriors
Brett Seymour - Sharks
James Maloney - Storm
Jeremy Latimore- Eels

Knights
Evarn Tuimavave - Warriors

Raiders
None

ESL
Brett Delaney - Titans to Leeds (ESL)
Shane Tronc - Cowboys to Wakefield (ESL)
Iosia Soliola - Roosters to St Helens (ESL)
Jordan Tansey - Roosters to Hull FC (ESL)
Craig Fitzgibbon - Roosters to Hull FC (ESL)
Mark O'Meley - Roosters to Hull FC (ESL)
David Fa'alogo - Rabbitohs to Huddersfield (ESL)
Heath L'Estrange - Sea Eagles to Bradford (ESL)
Glenn Hall - Sea Eagles to Bradford (ESL)
Greg Eastwood - Bulldogs to Leeds (ESL)
Daryl Millard - Bulldogs to Bradford (ESL)
Brett Kearney - Sharks to Bradford (ESL)
Misi Taulapapa-Sharks to Gateshead(English Co-operative Championship)
Bryan Norrie-Sharks to Gateshead(English Co-operative Championship)

Union
Will Chambers - Storm to Queensland Reds (Rugby Union)
Craig Wing - Rabbitohs to Japan (Rugby Union)
Karmicheal Hunt - Broncos to Gold Goast (AFL) and Union in off Season

If Matt Cross is half as good as his father Peter who played a season with Manly in the eighties then he will turn our club around next year. 

His uncle Merv also used to play for norths in the sixties and is quite a good knee surgeon as well. 

Roosters rake Riley Brown has joined former Canberra and Celtic Crusaders utility Marshall Chalk in finalising deals with the Gold Coast.

Player movements for the 2010 Season

Roosters
JP du Plessis - South African Rugby Union

I wonbder if this rugby convert will be as good as some others ie Tony Darcy, Gareth Morgan & Doug Rollinson

kingyfan link said:
If Matt Cross is half as good as his father Peter who played a season with Manly in the eighties then he will turn our club around next year. 

His uncle Merv also used to play for norths in the sixties and is quite a good knee surgeon as well. 
If Matt Cross married Steve Southern then... aw forget it.

SeaEagleRock8 link said:
[quote author=kingyfan link=topic=181926.msg244639#msg244639 date=1256010386]

If Matt Cross married Steve Southern then... aw forget it.
[/quote]Steve Matt????? ) - don't get it??? ;)

Apparently, a caller on Zorba's show said that Foran to the Rorters was a done deal and Zorba did not deny it. If this is true, what is going on? Why let a young gun go (even the commentators at 9 and Arko have been talkin him up - so don't compare him to Groom) and keep a 32 year old? I haven't re-joined as a member yet and if Foran is gone, as well as JWH, then I have to question the club's professionalism!!

Darren link said:
but we can keep matai, lyon and farrar, that certainly will make a difference to our backline.

Yeah, but as we saw last night, you can have the best three-quarters in the game, but if there is nothing doing in the halves...?

Moops link said:
Apparently, a caller on Zorba's show said that Foran to the Rooters was a done deal and Zorba did not deny it. If this is true, what is going on? Why let a young gun go (even the commentators at 9 and Arko have been talkin him up - so don't compare him to Groom) and keep a 32 year old? I haven't re-joined as a member yet and if Foran is gone, as well as JWH, then I have to question the club's professionalism!!
Since we won the grand final the club has gone backwards. I still can't believe Souths are more attractive option to a player like Burgess then us even with Beaver talking us up that's embarrassing.It is well known that Foran is signed with the Roosters and that's why the silence is deafening on a contract extension for him.The question still has to be asked why are we signing trash like Bailey,Rodney,TWilliams,Cross,Gaulavou surely we knew what we had coming thru? As a club we should only recruit Quality if not go with what we have not waste cap space on other clubs cast offs

It just seems that we are on the slide at the moment and no one can be bothered to do anything about it. Power vacuum with no CEO? I said to a Manly mate of mine the other day that I fear we are turning into another Gold Coast, circa 1988-1997 - transit lounge for ageing players (dad's army) and Souths since their re-admittance. From what I have heard eg Daly Cherry-Evans off to the Dogs and Hodkinson wanting a release, what on earth is the club planning for the halves? Does the club have a plan? Or are they happy to remain competitive in the short term? Doesn't seem to much future planning going on

Moops link said:
It just seems that we are on the slide at the moment and no one can be bothered to do anything about it. Power vacuum with no CEO? I said to a Manly mate of mine the other day that I fear we are turning into another Gold Coast, circa 1988-1997 - transit lounge for ageing players (dad's army) and Souths since their re-admittance. From what I have heard eg Daly Cherry-Evans off to the Dogs and Hodkinson wanting a release, what on earth is the club planning for the halves? Does the club have a plan? Or are they happy to remain competitive in the short term? Doesn't seem to much future planning going on

This is a guess - Des is in control!

He is the one recommending certain players be bought, resigned, or not, etc, and it is not willy nilly. It is according to some plan he has. The plan would be about who will fit the team he is building, and who we need for current purposes, and who we need for the near future.

That is not to say we can keep/snare all the players we would like to.

As for transit louinge, well Storm's recruitment recently looks similar to ours, sign players who are not stars yet they fit the plan and grow a leg. Ryan Tandy anyone?

Des has shown a heap of smarts as a thinking coach, I wouldn't be writing off the recruitment just on one poor year which was actually quite a good year if you take the disastrous start out.

A bit of perspective is needed here.

The club has developed superbly in the last few years but as each team that has made the top has found, it is hard to stay there. Premiership players demand more money and something has to give. As much as Melbourne are hated they have done well to be around the top for four years. Look who they have lost in the process though - Falou, Matt King and a heap of others I can't be bothered looking up. Every premiership team of the last 10 years has had to let players go eventually due to cap pressure.

We did have the top Under 20s team over 26 rounds and the club has done a good job developing those younger players, some of which will graduate to the top squad. (Sad to see a few ex-Manly juniors in the winning Melb squad though!)

A balance between players at the top of their game and emerging talent is challenging and up to now it has been pretty well handled. 2009 was a shocker for Manly with the start and the injury to Snake, the injury at the end to Killer and the Hall still birth. None of those things happened and who knows???

Bottom line is that there is no unlmited stream of money anymore and the days of running internationals in reserve grade are long gone. I am sad that JWH has gone and that Foran might go (unconfirmed). I am sure there are those behind the scenes working at retention, getting the balance of the squad right.

There is justification for those that feel that paying overs to Orford is a bad move, espeically if we don't then have room in the cap to keep Foran. There is a lot of guesswork in this too as who knows what Foran himself wants? There are lots of factors other than money.

Why would Foran have signed with the rorters now?

His manager has previously stated that he won't sign a contract until mid way next year and why would he sign one now when his value will increase with every first grade game that he plays?

Also where will he play at the rorters?  Carney is 5/8 and pearce is half?  He wouold be wasted at hooker. 

tookey link said:
Why would Foran have signed with the rorters now?

His manager has previously stated that he won't sign a contract until mid way next year and why would he sign one now when his value will increase with every first grade game that he plays?

Also where will he play at the rorters?  Carney is 5/8 and pearce is half?  He wouold be wasted at hooker. 

Why would he sign with the Roosters ? Because his mothers partner is the Roosters Recruitment Officer. That has to be influential. There have been rumours that he signed a contract for 2011 more than 12 months ago.

If that is true one can hardly blame Manly for that.

Members online

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4