Our Nines Team

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Silver Eagle

Reserve Grader
Who would you pick for our nines team next year
here is mine

1 P Hiku
2 C Blair
3 Clint Gutherson
4 J Lyon
5 D Berryman
6 J Littlejohn
7 DCE
8 J S L
9 Jamie Buhrer

Bench
J Hodges
T Symonds
D Lui

They're on the last line of netting at $26/1 ... Juicy odds but it all depends how much they want it.

Jack Littlejohn ??? Pleaaaaase absolutely no potential at all.

I expect we will rest those not 100% fit. If we are serious Foz, DCE and Stewart will play but I doubt we will see more than 1 of those 3 if any given DCE and Foz have played rep footy until recently.

In which case you will see a combination of up and comers as well as established guys with experience.

Be surprised if OLeary doesn't get a run, I think there's a certain number of regular first graders that have to be in the team, just not sure how many.

1. Snake
2. Jorge
3. Gutherson
4. Lyon
5. Wolf

6. Hiku
7. DCE

8. Starling
9. Hodges

Mateo
Leary
Lawrence

The only player I wouldn't risk even if he was 100% fit would be Snake and that's a shame because would love to watch him play in it. If they are fit then you pick a team to win it.

If you want to win it then snake with his speed and try assist ability is a must in attack and his defensive setup and reads are a must as well

I know it's entertaining to the masses, and TV loves it BUT the injury toll last year from this weekend was horrendous.

Let's hope we come through unscathed because it sure isn't worth risking your top players in what's just a Micky Mouse comp.

mozgrame said:
1. Snake
2. Jorge
3. Gutherson
4. Lyon
5. Wolf

6. Hiku
7. DCE

8. Starling
9. Hodges

Mateo
Leary
Lawrence
This side looks good, would love to see it run around in the nines..... But doubt it.

c eagle said:
mozgrame said:
1. Snake
2. Jorge
3. Gutherson
4. Lyon
5. Wolf

6. Hiku
7. DCE

8. Starling
9. Hodges

Mateo
Leary
Lawrence
This side looks good, would love to see it run around in the nines..... But doubt it.

That side would kill it, mate! However, I wouldn't really want to risk injuring any of them. Catch 22. :(

I would play the minimum first graders require. They would also be fringe players that we have depth for. I would be comfortable coming dead last in the 9s and winning the comp at the end of the year rather than the other way around.

Nines means nothing.
Grand Final win means everything.

The blokes who win the 2015 GF can sit down in the dressing room after full time, crack open a beer with their team mates and say, "in 30 years I'll remember this."

And so too will the fans and anyone else.

I'd forgotten who won last year's Nines 3 days later, but I can still tell u every GF winner from 1908 (from memory).

I know which I'd rather have won and I'd be pissed if Snake, matai, our halves, Lawrence & Lui were stuffed come July.

My 9's YART

Foz has expressed his interest in playing so its prob best to rest DCE. Snake for me is too high risk and valuable. My guess is killer wont play cause he will treat it like any other non-competition game and make himself unavailable. I think mateo/t-red would be more than capable at centre.

1. Gutherson
2. Jorge
3. Skivvy
4. Mateo/T-Red
5. Wolf

6. Hiku
7. Foz

8. Starling
9. Hodges

Mateo/T-Red
Leary
Lawrence

1.Stewart
2.Jorge (Gutherson if Jorge isn't available)
3.Matai
4.Hiku
5.Mateo
6.Foz
7.Symonds
8.Hodges
9.Lawrence

10.Sene Lefao
11.Starling
12.Blair or Berryman

I am on the hunt for two players had both Tetevano and Hopoate in my 9's. BTW There has been a rule change this year a squad of 18 players.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6