Our Injury concerns ?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
What happened to Perry? I must have missed that one. Is his cork playing up again?

They will all be fine. All of them won't miss next week for the world.

Matai plays hurt every week. MOM performance today. I reckon that bloke would play with two broken arms - champion.

Perry-cork, no trouble, he'll be right. But I hope he doesn't get an early knock...potentially a very restrictive injury if he gets hit in the knee early in the GF.
G Stewart - a few bumps and bruises, shoulder and legs, but he's fine. He'll needle up, but there will be no problem with him.
Matai - just a legend. Plays through pain, but we all know that. It would take some sort of  nuclear explosion to stop him from playing on Sunday. Even then he'd punch Dessie and declare himself fit.
Ox - the obvious one, ankle injury, didn't look flash after the game wearing a moonboot etc. But also seemed very confident that he'll pull up alright. He'll play, and hopefully he'll be as close to 100% fitness as possible. He's too important to the team to be less than playing at his full capacity.
Choc - f*cked his groin near the end. Big worry. Thought he played a blinder tonight. Needs to do the same in the GF. But I overhead that the groin is less than spectacular right now. Hopefully it isn't as bad as first thought, and with a nights rest it all settles down....

The rest are sweet as far as I know. Giddy up. GF here we come....

Not good news with Choc - I guess a needle might be required as well - thanks for the update Will

willstyles link said:
Perry-cork, no trouble, he'll be right. But I hope he doesn't get an early knock...potentially a very restrictive injury if he gets hit in the knee early in the GF.
G Stewart - a few bumps and bruises, shoulder and legs, but he's fine. He'll needle up, but there will be no problem with him.
Matai - just a legend. Plays through pain, but we all know that. It would take some sort of  nuclear explosion to stop him from playing on Sunday. Even then he'd punch Dessie and declare himself fit.
Ox - the obvious one, ankle injury, didn't look flash after the game wearing a moonboot etc. But also seemed very confident that he'll pull up alright. He'll play, and hopefully he'll be as close to 100% fitness as possible. He's too important to the team to be less than playing at his full capacity.
Choc - f*cked his groin near the end. Big worry. Thought he played a blinder tonight. Needs to do the same in the GF. But I overhead that the groin is less than spectacular right now. Hopefully it isn't as bad as first thought, and with a nights rest it all settles down....

The rest are sweet as far as I know. Giddy up. GF here we come....
And I'm sure that Prick Bellamy would have his dirty players lined up to re-injure each of those injuries to take out each of those players in his win at all costs mentality just like his plan to take out Brett Stewart in last years Grand Final. :mad:

The Wheel link said:
Not good news with Choc - I guess a needle might be required as well - thanks for the update Will
  The last person to needle up a groin in a big game was Ian Roberts in 1989.  It's not a good idea as sometimes they lose use of the leg.

Matabele link said:
[quote author=The Wheel link=topic=178560.msg198691#msg198691 date=1222553137]
  The last person to needle up a groin in a big game was Ian Roberts in 1989.  It's not a good idea as sometimes they lose use of the leg.
[/quote]

Hope choc doesn't wear white boots ala changa langlands.

tookey link said:
[quote author=Matabele link=topic=178560.msg198708#msg198708 date=1222555819]
[quote author=The Wheel link=topic=178560.msg198691#msg198691 date=1222553137]
[/quote]

Hope choc doesn't wear white boots ala changa langlands.
[/quote]  changa played a better Grand Final in 1975 than Choc did in 2007.

I'd assume (hope) that Orford will be alright as he seemed pretty determined to try and "run it off" when it happened, which is generally a pretty good indication that it isn't too serious. We all know that we have absolutely ZERO halves depth so that is the one injury when cannot cover. Anyone else and we'd probably be right, it wouldn't be ideal but we could still be competitive.

The Daily Telegraph says this morning he will be touch and go.  Anyway, I doubt we will lack for updates on the players' condition this week.

until we see the hour to go updae i wouldnt believe anything anyway for any of the touch and go's

I think LeStrange could cover for Orford.  Choc would be missed.  I thought Perry hurt his back getting tackled.  I thought I saw that in the first half.  Matai had a blinder, best on park.  Did everyone see him carry at least five warriors for ten metres, IN THE SECOND HALF?  Awesome.

choc looked fine in the dressing sheds after the game when they were interviewing beaver, no limp, no ice packs a smile on his fave and he was bending over and ducking behind beaver playing a little joke.

Fluffy link said:
choc looked fine in the dressing sheds after the game when they were interviewing beaver, no limp, no ice packs a smile on his fave and he was bending over and ducking behind beaver playing a little joke.

Good sign then.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4