Our important role

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

The Who

Journey Man
We are the most important NRL club in Sydney. Of the nine Sydney clubs we are the only one north of the Harbour, which is home to around 1.5-million people. Let’s examine the other Sydney regions:
West: Represented by four clubs – Canterbury, Parramatta, Penrith, Western Suburbs-Balmain. You could cull three of those clubs and the region would still be represented.
South: Represented by three clubs – Souths, Cronulla, St-George-Illawarra. Likewise, get rid of two of them and have one club representing the region.
Easts: Represented by one club, but nowhere near the size of the area we have, nor the number of residents.
The NRL should not underestimate our strategic importance, both location-wise and also because we are the one constant – every other Sydney rugby league supporter envies our success, which manifests itself into ‘hatred’. We are the baddies of the competition and put bums on seats and eyeballs on TVs. Without us the NRL would have a bland competition without much rivalry.
We’re Manly. No-one likes us but every club respects the importance we play in the on-going success of rugby league.

My better half will be away and I'm left with my 3 daughters so stream on the puter a few quiet beers and throwing haymakers at the monitor.

I like @Guzzler , about the only opposition supporter ( I won't call him a Troll) who comes on here and is civil.

By the way had to laugh at the Jihad comment, but possibly right they'd probably blow up NRL HQ with IED's....Just hope that scumbag Todd Greenslime is inside when they do !!

We are the most important NRL club in Sydney. Of the nine Sydney clubs we are the only one north of the Harbour, which is home to around 1.5-million people. Let’s examine the other Sydney regions:
West: Represented by four clubs – Canterbury, Parramatta, Penrith, Western Suburbs-Balmain. You could cull three of those clubs and the region would still be represented.
South: Represented by three clubs – Souths, Cronulla, St-George-Illawarra. Likewise, get rid of two of them and have one club representing the region.
Easts: Represented by one club, but nowhere near the size of the area we have, nor the number of residents.
The NRL should not underestimate our strategic importance, both location-wise and also because we are the one constant – every other Sydney rugby league supporter envies our success, which manifests itself into ‘hatred’. We are the baddies of the competition and put bums on seats and eyeballs on TVs. Without us the NRL would have a bland competition without much rivalry.
We’re Manly. No-one likes us but every club respects the importance we play in the on-going success of rugby league.

Well said old mate well said!!

Why do we struggle to get 10k a game then ? The club does not sell the brand well. Such an under-utilised market.

Exactly, the club is not utilising the whole of Northern Sydney. I think they get scared when Greg Florimo chucks hissy fits about North Sydney being Bears territory. **** them, they are dead, move in. Why don't we play games at North Sydney Oval?

Look we've had a good 7 years or so played in a few grand finals with 2 premierships.I can bare a one of season not playing semis,BUT FFS don't get the spoon i'll never forgive these current crop of players.
No chance of the spoon. I have it and I'm not giving to us ever

The club needs to do more to promote our brand. The vermin have it down pat and they have been rewarded with record membership numbers.

Manly have always had a core of 10K fans at home games and that will only drop if the weather is really foul at a home game. We need to expand our supporter brand beyond the northern beaches.

As important as our location is we cant take that for granted and as a club we need to do more. We do not have the resources of a dogs or eels or panthers in relation to a big leagues club nor sponsorships thats the vermin or the rorters have. One thing we do have is a winning culture and we need to get out act together in relation to our home ground so that we can seal our future.

The Penns and Kelly have had a lot to say about it and now we need to see it!

Perhaps part of the problem is the name Manly-Warringah, it could be that those people who don't reside in Manly or Warringah don't identify with the team so maybe we should have a more generic name, representative of the whole area. For example, The Northern Beaches Eagles, or North Shore Sea-Eagles, or if that's too long perhaps it could be shortened to the Northern Eagles, yeah that has a good ring to it, The Northern Eagles.
Thoughts?

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4