Our forward depth has just taken a massive hit

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Chip and Chase

True Supporter
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
Tipping Member
NEWS: http://manly-daily.whereilive.com.au/sport/story/key-player-knocked-out-of-comp-after-serious-injury/

From Manly Daily

FOR the second week in a row, Belrose has lost an important player following the season-ending injury to prop Phil Morwood at Harbord Park on Sunday.

The former Sea Eagle suffered a broken leg with just 15 minutes left on the clock in what was a very physical round two match.

The compound fracture will put Morwood out for the rest of the year.

The sickening injury follows Belrose losing Jim Curtis the previous week when he suffered a fractured eye-socket.

While Curtis will return, in two to three months time, Morwood’s loss is a blow for Belrose coach Keiran Dempsey.

“He’s been tremendous for us,” he said. “It’s not just what he does on the field. Off it, it’s what he offers the young blokes.

“It’s a massive loss for us.”

But while Morwood is gone and Curtis faces an extended period on the sidelines, Dempsey is certain his team will have a say later in the year during the big games.

“I think it (Sunday) proves we’ll be in the mix somewhere,” he said. “We were disappointed with our effort last week (against Narraweena).

“The win was a massive result for us.

“It was one of the most physical games I have been involved in.

“There were some massive hits from both sides. I’d say both sides would have some sore bodies.”

Which was exactly the case with Valley skipper Ben Smith, who is also out for about six weeks with a fractured eye-socket.

“It was a very, very tough game,” Valley coach Dave Hoban said.

Belrose led 4-0 at half-time and pushed ahead 10-0 early in the second half.

The hosts got back in the contest with a converted try before the Eagles pulled away again with a converted try of their own.

At 16-6, Valley appeared finished before a try seven minutes from time gave them a sniff.

“We showed some spirit and were still in it with 30 seconds to go,” Hoban said.

In other results around the grounds, Narraweena thumped Narrabeen 40-16, Avalon beat Forestville 24-6 and Asquith outclassed Manly Cove 22-6.

i am sure we can lend kite to belrose for the rest of the year. maybe not up to the level of morwood and curtis at this stage of his career but will help them out.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6