Our first win (when)

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Which Rd will we get our first win?!

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Could be as late as round 7 or 8 given what we've seen so far, and then there's no guarantees in those rounds.

Am I the only one crapping myself?

Could be as late as round 7 or 8 given what we've seen so far, and then there's no guarantees in those rounds.

We said the same thing at the same time last year.

We’ll get a win when we probably don’t expect it.

I’m quite confident about next week actually, we always go well against the Warriors.

We said the same thing at the same time last year.

We’ll get a win when we probably don’t expect it.

I’m quite confident about next week actually, we always go well against the Warriors.

Indeed... We were 0-2 in 2017 after a big loss against the Bunnies and it was panic stations here at that time as well. Our next match was against the Cowboys (with Thurston) in Townsville in Round 3.

We won 30-8.

We need a win soon for the fans on ST as much as anyone. I haven't stopped reading about the sky falling in since the first trial game.

I'd say we snag a lucky one at about round 10. Apart from The Dogs, there is no other team I see us beating, and even then, The Dogs would probably roll us.

@Ryan

I guarantee you it won’t be that bad!!

Despite our obvious shortfalls almost any side can beat any side ( on occasions) in this Comp.

We, when we were in our glory days often fell short against the weakest sides!!

We aren’t going to win many but we we will win some!’

@Ryan

I guarantee you it won’t be that bad!!

Despite our obvious shortfalls almost any side can beat any side ( on occasions) in this Comp.

We, when we were in our glory days often fell short against the weakest sides!!

We aren’t going to win many but we we will win some!’

I used to think like that, mate - but the divide is massive these days. Almost every single person knew The Chooks would thrash us last night.
They put almost 30 on us in the torrential rain. Same as The Tigers last week. I can't remember our team (even in Northern Eagles days)
look this unenthusiastic and uninspiring.

I used to think like that, mate - but the divide is massive these days. Almost every single person knew The Chooks would thrash us last night.
They put almost 30 on us in the torrential rain. Same as The Tigers last week. I can't remember our team (even in Northern Eagles days)

Let’s see how we go in a dry game before slitting wrists.

Let’s see how we go in a dry game before slitting wrists.

It's not even slit wrists territory anymore mate. It is what it is. I can't do anything about it. I'm sure our team tries hard (which is cute and all), they just lack ability.
My expectation each game is loss, and if / when we do get a win, I'll be very happy and pleasantly surprised. We won't beating the Warriors.

Losing to The Chooks last night didn't really bother me tbh. I knew what the result was before the ball was kicked off. Same as 99.99% of everyone else. Makes it a bit boring of a comp though. Like the EPL.

I have no expectation, maybe 4 or 5 wins this year. Hopefully double that next year.

Our only wins will be unexpected or even flukes.

Wasn't all that bad. Missing Cronk and Friend, sure, and we missed Trbo, Walks and AFB. First half, pissing down, 22-0 Roosters, shocking attack, couldn't play to the conditions again. Second half, much dryer, 18-4 Manly, signs of the side gelling. Both halves of the game featured some good defence, although in the first half it was let down by either a. Kicks and poor kick defusion (either poor attempts or non-attempts at all), and b. Poor right edge defence on last tackles. Good thing was that in the second half the defence continued to improve. Brad Parker (main culprit) and Suli's last tackle edge defence against a charging roosters backline let in most the points and other than that, as mentioned, were due to kicks.

Thought that despite some poor attacking in the first half we were unlucky to be 22-0 down. Attacking efforts in this half (mainly Api Koroisau and Dce) in itself may have warranted the scoreline at that point, although we still saw them fight quite well in defence I thought.

We are coming for the Warriors as underdogs, even to some of our own fans, but that's just the way we like it. Not expecting miracles in 2019, but anything is possible. If it was that easy to rule out a side this early in the season gambling for the NRL would not exist, there's still plenty of ups and downs to come. And as Des said, as a true manly man would say, Manly are not here for a rebuild, they are here to win.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6