Our bogey team - I reckon St Merger is

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I'm not usually negative about the Sea Eagles but all teams have their bogey teams & I reckon St Merger is one of ours.

I would love to be wrong but I won't be tipping us this weekend.

Any other thoughts on our bogey teams?
Broncos,
Sharks, (traditionaly).
?
?

Saints came to Brookie for our home semi in 2008 with plenty of support from some self-appointed knowledgeable types in the game. But by the time we shock them on Monday Saints will probably be thinking we are their bogey team.

Hmmmm... not sure you could call them a bogey team - we only have to look back as far as May for our last victory over them!  And whenever they do beat us it doesn't feel quite so bad because we can always talk about the 96 GF.

I think they will be much harder to beat this time around with their full compliment of players.

We went through a bit of a rough patch there for a while, but we've held our own for the last two-three years

Im not confident either. Maybe its best we just rest all injured players this week.
I think we may lose this one & then win the remaining games.
But then again I wasn't confident last week & we smashed the Storm.

Our bogey team(s) tends to be most teams who either are below us on the ladder or the Manly boys don't rate (which I suppose is both the same). They are our bogey because we rarely turn up with respect for them or the football.

I remember the game that they beat after leading by  34–10 after 55min they came back to win 36–34 with so much help by the ref.

Rambo1987 link said:
I remember the game that they beat after leading by  34–10 after 55min they came back to win 36–34 with so much help by the ref.

That,and the fact that they were so far behind,they tried almost everything to win,and it all came off.Some of the bounces of the ball were ridiculous that day!

Apart from a Semi Final in 2007, we seem to lose to Souths a LOT...and I know as I have one of my son in laws who's a supporter and boy do I cop it when we lose.

Mark from Brisbane link said:
Apart from a Semi Final in 2007, we seem to lose to Souths a LOT...and I know as I have one of my son in laws who's a supporter and boy do I cop it when we lose.

Not this year my good chap :)

Last 2 times down in Canberra were great wins, especially the last one with Cuthbo sent off but the rest of the team dug in and pulled off  a great win, the Beaver try right near the end of the game was a special highlight.  We had to play with a man down most of the game and the refs definitely had their green undies on that night.

souffs, yes we do tend to dumb down to their level, this year being an exception.

St George away from home, and Newcastle away from home (where I think we've lost 8 of the past 9 matches)

Staff online

• Jethro
    Star Trekkin' across the universe

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8