ottio passes away

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Wow. Professional Sportsmen. I can only assume unexpectedly at 23? Far ken. It's not really that important, but the kid could play.

The 23-year-old Ottio was in his homeland of Papua New Guinea and went on a gruelling eight kilometre run with fellow players from the Hunters Queensland Cup team.

“The run was over and a few of the boys walked back while others got a ride,” Ottio’s manager Steve Deacon told Wide World of Sports.

“But Kato told a few of the players ‘let’s run back’ - he wanted to use the professionalism he gained from his time at Canberra to rub off on his younger countrymen.
“He got slower and eventually collapsed. He was unconscious and in a coma and they were not able to revive him.

“He passed away early this morning - he was a great guy and I’m just devastated.”

Seems strange, but tragic nonetheless. They love their league in PNG that's for sure

Clearly had possibly previously unidentifed heart disease issues.

A good mate of mine dropped dead on a tennis court a few years ago , fit as a fiddle for mid 50’s, ran 5kms almost every day, ate well, drank little ( very little) , ran a business but not overly stressful, happy marriage, on no medication and had 6 months medical check ups, and really everything to live for with his kids grown up and he and his wife just about to start travelling.

They found out during the tests after his death that he had a heart defect that had never showed up prior.

A sad day for the family and way too young to die!

A good mate of mine dropped dead on a tennis court a few years ago , fit as a fiddle for mid 50’s, ran 5kms almost every day, ate well, drank little ( very little) , ran a business but not overly stressful, happy marriage, on no medication and had 6 months medical check ups, and really everything to live for with his kids grown up and he and his wife just about to start travelling.

They found out during the tests after his death that he had a heart defect that had never showed up prior.

No one knows what is around the corner each day.
It could be a bus , It could be a winning lottery ticket , It could be a heart problem or a tumour .
Its not all doom and gloom but when we think of these things life humbles us and brigs us down to earth .

So true and so so real. My 87 year old Scottish father (yes I am old) smokes a pack of dunhill a day (for 73 years), drinks 2-3 bottles of scotch a week (dropped from a bottle a day 4 odd years ago) and still is kicking on.

Genetics is the true differentiator. Will not be long before they apply it in sport. Hopefully long after I'm gone though lol.

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7
7 3 4 31 6