Other Games - Round 22, 2018

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

HappilyManly

Journey Man
Round Twenty-Two

Thursday, Aug 9
Cowboys vs. Broncos 1300Smiles Stadium (NINE/FOX) 7:50pm 7:50pm #NRLCowboysBroncos

Friday, Aug 10
Warriors vs. Knights Mt Smart Stadium (FOX) 6:00pm 8:00pm #NRLWarriorsKnights

Rabbitohs vs. Roosters ANZ Stadium (NINE/FOX) 7:50pm 7:50pm #NRLSouthsRoosters

Saturday, Aug 11
Titans vs. Panthers CBus Super Stadium (FOX) 3:00pm 3:00pm #NRLTitansPanthers

Sea Eagles vs. Bulldogs Lottoland (FOX) 5:30pm 5:30pm #NRLManlyBulldogs :party:

Eels vs. Dragons ANZ Stadium (FOX/NINE) 7:30pm 7:30pm #NRLEelsDragons

Sunday, Aug 12
Raiders vs. Tigers GIO Stadium (FOX) 2:00pm 2:00pm #NRLRaidersTigers
Storm vs. Sharks AAMI Park (NINE/FOX) 4:10pm 4:10pm #NRLStormSharks

I don't think at any point Martin was intent on kneeing him. If going in to stop a try and that sort of contact constitutes an 8 point try, we will have a few every round.

Disagree completely.

Of course he wasn’t intent on kneeing him but the rule was brought in because leading in with any part of your legs in that situation is dangerous and is done by choice. That could easily have been an injured cheekbone or eye socket.

That is basically the Billy Slater rule. It came in after his efforts during the 2008 Grand Final when trying to stop Matty Ballin's try and Robbo's first try highlighted just how dangerous a practice it is. I mean, Robbo was lucky that Slater didn't break his arm. The following season it was outlawed.

Plain and simple, whether Martin intended to knee Lodge or not (and I highly doubt that was his intent), a player can not lead with their feet in the act of trying to stop a try. If he hadn't of made contact it wouldn't have been a problem.....but he did and that is against the rules.

And on the result.....damn bloody good for nothing Donkeys. Ya just had to lose didn't ya....to the bloody Cowgirls.

Very little mention of the try the Donkeys scored under the posts that was called back, and they received a penalty!
The commentators seemed to accept that ludicrous decision. It cost the Donkeys a win. Have they been instructed to ease off the refs?
The 'Boys have a good roster - far better than ours - and if any fans should be disappointed with their season it's them.

Very little mention of the try the Donkeys scored under the posts that was called back, and they received a penalty!
The commentators seemed to accept that ludicrous decision. It cost the Donkeys a win. Have they been instructed to ease off the refs?
The 'Boys have a good roster - far better than ours - and if any fans should be disappointed with their season it's them.
wouldnt he had to take a quick tap???

Ugh, who'd be a professional tipster?

Can't blame losses on one play but I thought when the broncs were attacking the line and Milford put in a kick on the 3rd tackle was a big mistake. About 7 mins to go, a couple of tackles up your sleeve... do I say 'game management'?

Can do without 'Bellamy's Bunker as well' - others may like it though but if I never hear from him again, that would be nice.

Of course he wasn’t intent on kneeing him but the rule was brought in because leading in with any part of your legs in that situation is dangerous and is done by choice. That could easily have been an injured cheekbone or eye socket.

Yeah fair enough, I take your point.

I just think that one was so simultaneous in the situation that its really a dangerous precedent to make an 8 point try.

But you make a good point and I agree with the sentiment.

That is basically the Billy Slater rule. It came in after his efforts during the 2008 Grand Final when trying to stop Matty Ballin's try and Robbo's first try highlighted just how dangerous a practice it is. I mean, Robbo was lucky that Slater didn't break his arm. The following season it was outlawed.

Plain and simple, whether Martin intended to knee Lodge or not (and I highly doubt that was his intent), a player can not lead with their feet in the act of trying to stop a try. If he hadn't of made contact it wouldn't have been a problem.....but he did and that is against the rules.

And on the result.....damn bloody good for nothing Donkeys. Ya just had to lose didn't ya....to the bloody Cowgirls.

Valid points, but it was not his feet he led with. I guess that's part of my issue with the decision.

If he came in studs up like the retiring scumbag, I would have no drama at all. I felt that given it was simultaneous contact and with a knee, not the feet, he was harshly done by.

Just the opinion of one battling genious though @;)

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4