Origin discussion

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Berkeley_Eagle

Current Status: 24/7 Manly Fan
Origin this season could be disasterous for Manly
Todays Telecrap has a report that the blues selectors have been impressed by Jason King, apparently he was very close to being selected for Origin 3 last season, also 4 more forwards are being considered, Kite, Stewart, Perry & Watmoughadd to that Lyon & if Smyth from Scum goes down we could lose Ballin as well, also heard a few weeks back they were possibly talkin T-rex for the blues too, I can't see them looking at anyone else, Maybe Rose  for Origin 2 if he makes a good comeback

Hmmm. Would want to Lyon in the team as Captain outside of Greg "Jail" Bird.
Kite - Maybe, Perry - Yes, King + Rose - No. Watmough - Yes.

I seriously don't think we will lose more than 3 players - Lyon, Watmough and possibly King and I really don't think King will get a look in.

I'm sure there are a stack of players the selectors look at before choosing the side. Then as it evident from past selections the players are chosen based on loyalty and not form.

Not to mention how much of this is truth and how much is media beat up about players who are doing their job well at the moment

ConcernedSupporter link said:
I seriously don't think we will lose more than 3 players - Lyon, Watmough and possibly King and I really don't think King will get a look in.

G Stewart would be a certain bench player I would have thought.

King would have to be a long shot. T-Rex is no hope. Choc, Perry, Lyon, Gift and Kite are our biggest chances, hopefully we won't lose all of them.

anyone being seriously looked at for origin will get a run in city/country (unless playing for Aus) you would have to think.

So against the Queens we will be missing 8 players for Rep + 3 injured.

Kite, King, Perry and Rose out of the props.
Watmough and Stewart out of the backrow.
Lyon, Foran, Matai, Stewart and Williams D out of the backs.

Theres a YART or 10 in this situation

the yarts will follow, my Blues backline

Hayne
Morris
Lyon
Jennings
Morris
Carney
Pearce

plenty of debate  there to start with

Well BE, that has been my 1-5 from the Start, though i would rather bird at 6 and Carney with the number 14 jersey for impact late in the first half.

The #7 is a lottery for mine, though i can't help but feel Kimmorley might be the best option with the backline the way it is, we don't need/want a ball running halfback when there is hayne, lyon and jennings.

The forward pack except for Watmough is harder to pick still.

blitzkrieg link said:
[quote author=Cambo link=topic=183089.msg260059#msg260059 date=1271908232]
Queensland are scum
i hate dirty Queenslanders

that is all

Enjoy cheering for your team coached by Bellamy................. ;D
[/quote]

everyone was calling for a NSW coach without a club side, we pretty much have it now

reported this Morning Geoff Carr said Bellyamy is still Origin coach but if more comes out and he steps down or is sacked, Joey Johns will take the Job

Fluffy link said:
[quote author=blitzkrieg link=topic=183089.msg260134#msg260134 date=1271920053]
[quote author=Cambo link=topic=183089.msg260059#msg260059 date=1271908232]
Queensland are scum
i hate dirty Queenslanders

that is all

Enjoy cheering for your team coached by Bellamy................. ;D
[/quote]

everyone was calling for a NSW coach without a club side, we pretty much have it now
[/quote]

I hope that Bellyache isn't caught up in this salary crap rort.  If he is will he keep the gig? ???

BErKeLEy_eAgLe link said:
reported this Morning Geoff Carr said Bellyamy is still Origin coach but if more comes out and he steps down or is sacked, Joey Johns will take the Job

Be one hell of an after party if they win  ;)

I'm hoping no Manly players are selected for SOO duty, but..

Choco
G. Stewart and
Lyon

are probably certainties. I'd love to see Ballin selected for QLD, he's been great for us, and deserves to be name in the squad. I'm also hoping Des isn't selected as Blues Coach, even though he deserves it.

I'm selfish like that  ;)

My YART is completely different guys, and probably way out there....there ARE some tough positions though:-

01. Jared Hayne
02. Timana Tahu
03. Jamie Lyon
04. Brett Morris
05. Josh Morris
06. Feleti Mateo (I believe he CAN be selected)
07. Todd Carney
09. Kurt Gidley
11. Anthony Watmough
12. Greg Bird
13. Paul Gallen

17. Glenn Stewart

(The rest I have no idea. No forwards are really dominating this year apart from the odd Kiwi.)

That would have to be both the ugliest, and scariest backrow in history !

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7
7 3 4 31 6