orford good kicking game unheard of

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

chrisos

Reserve Grader
Good win by manly,convincing in the end,good game by robbo,and orford had a good kicking game for once!?i thought players only played well when they wanted a contract lol,i listened to the game on radio,how did we look in person (tv or at the game?) who else stepped up tonight?

Agree Ox had a good kicking game tonight they all played pretty well i thought  Rose,Watmough,David Williams & Glenn Stewart were the stand outs imo.

At the game.  Yeah Orford played OK.  Still, their backline was rubbish except for Shaun Kenny Dowell, who had a blinder.  Orford still can't kick goals though.  Robbo played well and would have got more if he was on the wing.  He positioned himself very well on the sidelines for their 40/20s.  Saved us some work.  Rose steamrolled ahead.  He's going very well.  We still look disorganized in the attacking 20.  Not slick or convincing.  D Williams ran hard but Big Tony still needs work defensively and needs to back himself when running.  To much stop start stuff. Just run strong big guy.  Good effort with room for improvement.  We'll be right for the Panthers.      

good win,but we need to improve on the mistakes in opposition 20.Robbo sounded like he had a blinder listening to the 2gb call.ALSO any word on lyon would be great!GO MANLY!

with lyon picking up an injury and matai being very injury prone, Ben Farrer's signing has come at a good time considering were a bit light in the centres.

Farrar confirmed for us.

Robbo had his best game in fullback ever. He actually played as a fuulback.

Orfirds short kicking game was the best since the grand final. I think bailey and ballin need to do our long kicks.

Watmough had his best game for us in a long time.

Robbo, orford and watmough had outstanding games. By far our best. With gifty and rose probably only just behind them.

It won't get mentioned much but ballin had an awesome game too he did a lot of work moving us forward and giving us direction

Must say I thought Kite ran strongly all night for the 1st time this season - no turning his back or falling into the line tonight

Whilst he ran strongly I thought he was one of the worst on the field for us. His head was all over the shop and throwing those passes that didn't need to be thrown. He has played better, but that was a lift from him.

I thought King ran hard at the line, harder than I have seen him run for ages. Kingy fan must have been behind him

King was the pick of our forwards tonight, ran hard and with purpose on virtually every carry of the ball.

Yeh Orford played one of his better games this year. No surprise our first two tries came when he spread it wide straight away. A couple of good kicks and a couple of ordinary ones as well. He also did some crabbing across field and sold a couple of dumps with poor inside balls, looking for a repeat of Choc's try.

Defence was still scratchy at times with a couple of the Roosters tries pretty soft efforts. But it was a win we had to have, so good effort all round. Let's hope Jamie's ankle isn't too bad.

a win is a win, loads of room for improvement there.
still 4 points out of the 8 though, need to win the next one, it would be nice to string some wins together.

Thought that Matai had a great game today, a couple of decisive defensive moments (especially after Lyon went off- it was crucial).
Choc ran some great angles and did his push for SOO no harm.
Robbo and wolfman both had good games at the back, big T is starting to get himself more involved too.
George Rose was a powerhouse and got us on the front foot on more than 1 occasion.

I thought the ref was very nice to us today and if things had gone against us this game could have been a very bad one indeed. We need to lift week in week out against every team. IMO this is the most open comp in a long time.

We are still making way too many simple basic mistakes , dropped balls at the play the ball, back chatting the ref, dropped ball in the opposition half, missed goals after tries ( why o why is Orford kicking goals?)

ha ha the ref was nice to us?

It was Tedro.....did you have any doubts he would be nice to us?

Though it cut both ways, there were some slow play the balls

Chip & Chase link said:
...Defence was still scratchy at times with a couple of the Roosters tries pretty soft efforts....
Roosters first try when our players forgot that a kick, having gone up, must eventually come down, looked quite ordinary. I think Des may have muttered something to himself when that occurred. Other than that I thought the Roosters tries featured some pretty good play.

DSM5 link said:
At the game.  Yeah Orford played OK.  Still, their backline was rubbish except for Shaun Kenny Dowell, who had a blinder.  Orford still can't kick goals though.  Robbo played well and would have got more if he was on the wing.  He positioned himself very well on the sidelines for their 40/20s.  Saved us some work.  Rose steamrolled ahead.  He's going very well.  We still look disorganized in the attacking 20.  Not slick or convincing.  D Williams ran hard but Big Tony still needs work defensively and needs to back himself when running.  To much stop start stuff. Just run strong big guy.  Good effort with room for improvement.  We'll be right for the Panthers.      

LOL, just OK DSM ??? 5/7 with some tough ones is a fair goalkicking return too

I said he went OK.  Fair's fair.  I'll give the guy some credit when it's due.  He'd better do it again and again and again for me to think he's worth keeping on big money for another two years at the expense of others.   Unfortunately I can't be on the sideline next week coaching the big guys, but I feel confident that if we stop the rollon that the Panthers do with their big men, then we can get them.  We have to be tight up the middle.  No running out of the line.      

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7