Orford Dally M Halfback of the Year

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

eggson

Bencher
Good on the guy.  No Rep jersey, nothing but people talking down on him (he's made my heart stop and break a few times during the year)...but he's still the captain of this club so he always gets my support and respect regardless of his salary or how he's underperforming in the eyes of others.

Going into round 24 he is leading the count for player of the yeah ahead of cam smith and slatter

Well done, frustrating he doesn't have the goods to carve up in pressure games though.

If he's leading after Rd 24 He should win the Dally m, as he played well the last 2 weeks.

outstanding news, the guy should have played Origin this year!

2229 (EST): Matt Orford retains a two-point lead atop the Dally M Medal count entering the final round of the minor premiership.

****ing legend. The bloke is so worth the money we pay I dont give a **** what anyone else says he has been good for the club and should have played origin.

It's good for him to be getting these accolades this late in his career too. Well done!

Matt Orford wins Dally M

From staff reporters
    September 09, 2008

MANLY captain Matt Orford has been anointed the player of the 2008 NRL season by winning the Dally M Medal, the greatest individual honour in rugby league.

2238 (EST): Manly half-back and captain Matt Orford has been anointed the best player of the 2008 NRL season by winning the Dally M Medal, the greatest individual honour in the game of rugby league.

Well done for winning. Should have played Origin.

Lucky for him Monas wasn't playing this year to Steal the Dally M point off him :)

byso link said:

Lucky for him Monas wasn't playing this year to Steal the Dally M point off him :)

Monaghan stopped Orford from playing his best

I just hope he gets a lift from it believe in himself, gains some confidence and his game magically goes to the next level, the level you'd expect from someone who's been the player of the year that and that he never folds under pressure again. Which he does seem to do at times.

I don't agree with how voting works with this though, but it was great to see Slater lose based on the fact he lost 3 points for that suspension.

Dan link said:
[quote author=byso link=topic=178365.msg196163#msg196163 date=1220964107]

Monaghan stopped Orford from playing his best
[/quote]

Never a truer word has been spoken.

Fantastic news.  those News Ltd purple b!tches behind him can suck their dummies.

You'd think he'd be 2nd in line for the Aussie jersey now from that.  And first for a blue

eggson link said:
Fantastic news.  those News Ltd purple b!tches behind him can suck their dummies.

You'd think he'd be 2nd in line for the Aussie jersey now from that.  And first for a blue

I'm not sure thats the case, if you where taking voting as form he'd be in a bit of a slump compared to early season form, there's no denying though earlier in the season he deserved the NSW 7.

congrats ox, im actually shocked he won it (and glenn stewart for that matter), im just so used to manly players never getting any respect from anyone but manly fans......

looking at how many points orford scored up to round 17 and then he went pointless for a while following that shows how important lyon is to oxs game. With him he is one of our best, with out him he struggles to carry the team. Thank god Lyon is back. I think you will see orfords best again in the semis.

How the **** did Hindmarsh win the Proven Summons he has ben quiet and **** this year

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6