Optimist/Pessimist pulse .. UPDATE

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

How do you currently feel about our future under Seibs?

• Optimistic

• Pessimistic

Results are only viewable after voting.
Yep, 595 conceded. That's more than the Dogs and Dragons gave up, and well over 100 more than any of the Top 8 teams let in.

@Woodsie seems to think our forward pack are going to surprise.

Personally I think they’ll ALL have to take giant steps UP to compete with most sides.

I’m just hoping the new coaching staff can breath life into them.

Paseka could be anything , but he’s not named Pillowseka lightly.

Jake I believe should be a Prop and not play 80.

Ola obviously takes one 2nd row and we assume Tuilagi the other BUT can he play 80???

Then who plays lock??

It’s the big question that will not be answered until March.
No real enforcer to lead the pack A T M but biggest problem is not having most forwards fit and available at any set time . Have thought for quite some time , Jake more suited to full time prop , then Alioia fit and focused , very useful , same with Paseka , then Keppie , Sipley , Condon , maybe Bulemor or a couple of the young guns to come into calculations . Looks like Jake will be i st consideration for the 13 but would like to think that sooner rather then latter , someone a bit more mobile and asking more questions in attack can be there . and not to much of a reduction in solid mid field defence

Hold your tickets .. the pessimists are breeding ... just like the mosquitos, snakes and cockaroaches .. the warm wet weather has seen the ideal conditions for their numbers to explode to an unprecedented 15% ...

Heaven help us if we lose the first game next year against a revamped Bulldogs ...

No real enforcer to lead the pack A T M but biggest problem is not having most forwards fit and available at any set time . Have thought for quite some time , Jake more suited to full time prop , then Alioia fit and focused , very useful , same with Paseka , then Keppie , Sipley , Condon , maybe Bulemor or a couple of the young guns to come into calculations . Looks like Jake will be i st consideration for the 13 but would like to think that sooner rather then latter , someone a bit more mobile and asking more questions in attack can be there . and not to much of a reduction in solid mid field defence
Alioia was going great guns when on the field and injury free, no reason why he wont be doing this again in 23. Alioia will lead by example, for the rest of the pack to follow.

Hold your tickets .. the pessimists are breeding ... just like the mosquitos, snakes and cockaroaches .. the warm wet weather has seen the ideal conditions for their numbers to explode to an unprecedented 15% ...

Heaven help us if we lose the first game next year against a revamped Bulldogs ...
That will be a great start because we haven't won a first round encounter for a while .New year , new coaches and a new era at Manly with a lot of the youngsters getting opportunities to show if they have what it takes to win a premiership .Bring on 2023 .

It’s better to be surprised on the upside than disappointed on the downside.

I’m still optimistic and I agree with you, frankly. We were a poorly coached team that made too many mistakes out of bad habit. We’ll be better in 2023.

Last edited:
Thanks @BOZO My father coached Fulton & Peters et al, and had a little bit to do with them coming across to Manly at that time. Peters via Parramatta, and Fulton directly ...... He also coached NSW Combined High Schools before Roy Masters (Masters was his assistant) . Arko is his mate from that that time.
They are both pushing 90s right now. He was at Barbara's commemoration at the Southport Yacht Club, and is still more connected to MWSE than I will ever be. He ended up as Inspector of Schools NSW, and so has his stories of Hasler and others from his time in that system.
My grandfather was at MWSE from the beginning (1947), and I will always be Manly, regardless of your bull**** membership spam ........
Having said that, I do admire your passion and your consistency.
Go Manly.
You have a very proud Manly family history feathered friend @Eagles4Life and thanks for sharing and Congratulations to your great Manly family

What do you find bullsht about proudly promoting Manly club membership on here that provides a different perspective from those that have decided to not renew their membership due to personality reasons as one of my favourite membership spams is No Personality , No Ego and No Agenda is bigger than our legendary club ?

It’s better to be surprised on the upside than disappointed on the downside.

I’m still optimistic and I agree with you, frankly. We were a poorly coached team that made too many mistakes out of bad habit. We’ll be better in 2022.

Let's hope so as we're running out of time.

lulz

Yeah, everybody will have in their minds a different outcome that will be deemed a success ..

For some it will be nothing less than a premiership ... for others a top 4, 6 or 8 finish ... for others just an improvement in the quality of football ..

As I said, for me it will be to be considered as contenders ...
Success is measured by results achieved

There are different levels of success and based on the top 8 playing squad that we have
Competent level is living up to expectations and making the top 8

The next level is rising above expectations and making the top 4

and the benchmark of excellence and mother of all levels is winning the title
and living up to our legendary clubs highest standards as the greatest club of all !

240948987_10226342376526581_7626396401424013754_n.jpg

You have a very proud Manly family history feathered friend @Eagles4Life and thanks for sharing and Congratulations to your great Manly family

What do you find bullsht about proudly promoting Manly club membership on here that provides a different perspective from those that have decided to not renew their membership due to personality reasons as one of my favourite membership spams is No Personality , No Ego and No Agenda is bigger than our legendary club ?

As I have said before @BOZO on this site you are preaching to the converted mate. The majority of Silvertails are born Manly, have been members for years (generations in many cases) and simply do not need the membership spam.
One off stuff is ok, but most posts in most threads is just overkill mate. Go Manly.

@Mark from Brisbane ... okay, it's Seib's first day so we can officially start the Sea Eagles confidence pulse with the following official reading on 29/11/22 as ...

Optomistic ... 84.9%
Pessimistic ... 15.1%
Total of 152 voters ..

remember you can change your vote at any time .. updates Will be logged every 2 weeks ...

@Mark from Brisbane ... okay, it's Seib's first day so we can officially start the Sea Eagles confidence pulse with the following official reading on 29/11/22 as ...

Optomistic ... 84.9%
Pessimistic ... 15.1%
Total of 152 voters ..

remember you can change your vote at any time .. updates Will be logged every 2 weeks ...
Great work @Woodsie

May the 84. 9 % positive Manly souls

Become the Inspiration of the 15.1% Pessimistic people

Will be interesting to see if the vote ever changes much as I have feeling the 15% are those due hard Des fans that just hate the idea of anyone else other than a Manly man in the role.

Will be interesting to see if the vote ever changes much as I have feeling the 15% are those due hard Des fans that just hate the idea of anyone else other than a Manly man in the role.

Yeah, but I also reckon a fair few of the optimistic ones only have a tenuous hold on confidence ... one wrong word or deed from Seib's, or a poor trial game and they'll jump ship in droves ..

Given some of the emotional malfunctions esperienced in the game thread .. the pulse could go up and down like a yo yo every 5 minutes during a game ..

I am one of those Des fans as Des has been one of my favourite Manly greats but there is nothing great when Manly stops winning and we all start whinging

There comes a time when change needs to come

Yeah, but I also reckon a fair few of the optimistic ones only have a tenuous hold on confidence ... one wrong word or deed from Seib's, or a poor trial game and they'll jump ship in droves ..

Given some of the emotional malfunctions esperienced in the game thread .. the pulse could go up and down like a yo yo every 5 minutes during a game ..
It is a balance of power and at the moment the Optimists have the power

And we are only as powerful as our next 2023 win

Optomistic ... 84.9%
Pessimistic ... 15.1%
Total of 152 voters ..

Are we op-tom-istic because turbo is uninjured?

ah ah ah
hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha!

noot noot!

We haven't had a good season since Toovey was coach.
Squad is well off the top 3 teams in a lot of ways and there is a fear of rainbows.
Big ask for seibs to turn it around.
I was a Des version 1 fan, didn't want him back.

We haven't had a good season since Toovey was coach.
Squad is well off the top 3 teams in a lot of ways and there is a fear of rainbows.
Big ask for seibs to turn it around.
I was a Des version 1 fan, didn't want him back.
You forgot 2021, we came 4th, albeit, off the back of Tom Turbo..

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4