Optimist/Pessimist pulse .. UPDATE

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

How do you currently feel about our future under Seibs?

• Optimistic

• Pessimistic

Results are only viewable after voting.
Here's the rub though, we can't presume anything will be different till it is. We could still be whinging about the same things we have done with the new coach and systems. We don't know, and won't till after the fact.

I didn't see to many whingers in 21, we received extra TV coverage in 22 on the back of 21 performance. I know you will say "oh but Tommy.....", yet in the same breath say Tom being injured for most of 22 is not an excuse. Can't have it one way.

We were top 4 in 21 so I cannot see how coming 9 /10 should be considered better than the off field **** storm suffered in 22.
7 / 8 is marginally better in my mind.

Recruitment is a whole other issue, I'm not blurring the lines between the two.
Can’t disagree with anything you’ve said , but that’s the glass half empty approach.

I’m a glass half full sort of guy , thinking that change is as good as a holiday and with that change it’ll breath new life into the playing group.

But yes time will tell!!

We definitely underperformed in 22 with the squad we have. I think there needs to be a major shift in the mindset of a lot of our players for 23 to be a success. The grit and determination that the better teams have went missing for parts of our games (and was non-existent after the roosters match).

We definitely underperformed in 22 with the squad we have. I think there needs to be a major shift in the mindset of a lot of our players for 23 to be a success. The grit and determination that the better teams have went missing for parts of our games (and was non-existent after the roosters match).
Those last 7 rounds , very very ugly !!

Can’t disagree with anything you’ve said , but that’s the glass half empty approach.

I’m a glass half full sort of guy ,

There’s absolutely ZERO chance of us winning the 2023 GF , regardless of who is the coach BUT what we can hope for is some improvement, and that mate , will be a good start !!

Err.. that's a hell of a glass, I guess.

Predicted first round team from the ultimate source of journalistic accuracy .... Daily Tele

SEA EAGLES

1. Tom Trbojevic 2. Christian Tuipulotu 3. Tolu Koula 4. Reuben Garrick 5. Kaeo Weekes 6. Josh Schuster 7. Daly Cherry-Evans 8. Josh Aloiai 9. Lachlan Croker 10. Taniela Paseka 11. Haumole Olakau’atu 12. Kelma Tuilagi 13. Jake Trbojevic 14. Karl Lawton 15. Toafofoa Sipley 16. Sean Keppie 17. Ben Condon

If that is the team? Is anyone genuinely excited about season 2023? Changing coaches ain't going to make that a top team. Too many absolute useless duds.....

Three significant things happened in 22 NREagle, (1) Tommy, shoulder injury, think it was around rd 12 (2) We sustained to many injuries throughout the season to ever be a cohesive unit on the field and to top it off, the daddy of em all .....(3) Rainbow Gate. If these 3 things don't curse us again, we could be looking at 5th or 6th.

Predicted first round team from the ultimate source of journalistic accuracy .... Daily Tele

SEA EAGLES

1. Tom Trbojevic 2. Christian Tuipulotu 3. Tolu Koula 4. Reuben Garrick 5. Kaeo Weekes 6. Josh Schuster 7. Daly Cherry-Evans 8. Josh Aloiai 9. Lachlan Croker 10. Taniela Paseka 11. Haumole Olakau’atu 12. Kelma Tuilagi 13. Jake Trbojevic 14. Karl Lawton 15. Toafofoa Sipley 16. Sean Keppie 17. Ben Condon

If that is the team? Is anyone genuinely excited about season 2023? Changing coaches ain't going to make that a top team. Too many absolute useless duds.....
I’m excited! There is no way Des would have selected a team like that !

Just sayin’

2nd half or latter game fade outs definitely needs some serious attention again as well . Whether it is a fitness factor or lack of on field adjustment [ or combined ] really was a negative and set back the side big time . Certainly have got some mobility around the middle , Alioia , Paseka , Oloka - atu , maybe Tuilagi . , Bulemor if he can spent more time in i st grade , Jake and young Fulton not slow . Backs probably above average speed in general Probably takes both physical and mental agility and team cohesion if the fitness level is there . Really hope that things can be better for 23 and onwards for this problem . .

Our season depends on how many games and what games turbo plays in. It might be worth while only playing turbo in games that we can win or have to win instead of risking injury in a nothing game against say penrith or storm.

Our season depends on how many games and what games turbo plays in. It might be worth while only playing turbo in games that we can win or have to win instead of risking injury in a nothing game against say penrith or storm.
Absolutely absurd suggestion. What's the point of competing at all if you don't look at every game as an opportunity to win? That attitude will guarantee failure. Games against the best teams are the opposite of 'nothing' games

Yeah that number 14 will be the most interesting choice. Lawton would have had it if he was fit but he won't be ready. Gordie as back-up hooker? Weekes as back-up everything? Maybe Fulton? Johns??!!!!
Might come down to who most impresses the coaches over summer.
Your last sentence I’d say.

But no doubting Karl will be first choice if he’s fit as he’s pretty experienced in the role.

Unless we can stumble on someone with a bit more deception or creativity. Lawton's a good player but quite big, more a secondrower these days. When he'd come on to give Crokes a rest he didn't seem to add much, or not that I can recall.

SEA EAGLES

I've got question marks if those are our wingers for round one. Tuipulotu maybe, but wing seems a wasted position for Weekes. If Lawton is not playing round one, Weekes - with his versatility - should be a certainty for the bench utility role.

With both Parker and Harper still on the books for 2023, anything may happen.

Also - is Condon a walk-up certainty over Bullemor on the bench, who has played both middle and edge in first-grade, and is probably quicker?

It's difficult to recall a Manly side going into a new season with so many question marks over which players are 'lock-ins' in particular positions - or not.

Looks like the Daily Terrorgraph is having a guess on this, much the same as we all are.

Our trial games next year should be interesting.

And I will raise a woody....oops sorry one wooden spoon and worst results in Brisbane's history under Seibold.
You still don't seem to understand that Siebold had left Broncos well before they achieved the spoon or more likely that rhetoric fits your agenda

You still don't seem to understand that Siebold had left Broncos well before they achieved the spoon or more likely that rhetoric fits your agenda
🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣
I don't understand?
I have an agenda???
🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣
He left end of August, 4 rounds remaining, with a minus 300 or something diff from 3 wins sitting in 15th spot 1 w ahead of the dogs.

The damage was done, the spoon was his, 20 rounds but because he got sacked with 4 to go the spoons not his responsibility, come on, 🤣 whether that fits your preferred narrative is another question altogether.

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣
I don't understand?
I have an agenda???
🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣
He left end of August, 4 rounds remaining, with a minus 300 or something diff from 3 wins sitting in 15th spot 1 w ahead of the dogs.

The damage was done, the spoon was his, 20 rounds but because he got sacked with 4 to go the spoons not his responsibility, come on, 🤣 whether that fits your preferred narrative is another question altogether.
The damage to the Broncos , and Seibold , came from a massive inside hatchet job by Kevvies mates in the old boys group.

They hated that Seibold got the job ahead of Kevvie and undermined him from the get go.

And that included dividing the player group to achieve that objective.

I still have a few contacts from my days working with them professionally and that’s the information I got at the time.

So the fact they got the spoon was little to do with the ability of the coach and more to do with the politics involved.

The damage to the Broncos , and Seibold , came from a massive inside hatchet job by Kevvies mates in the old boys group.

They hated that Seibold got the job ahead of Kevvie and undermined him from the get go.

And that included dividing the player group to achieve that objective.

I still have a few contacts from my days working with them professionally and that’s the information I got at the time.

So the fact they got the spoon was little to do with the ability of the coach and more to do with the politics involved.
Excuses 🤣🤣🤣🤣

Ohhh ok it's ok for a losing coach to have excuses if you like him, but it's not ok for any reasons for the coach you don't..🤣🤣🤣

Ok I get it agenda much 🤣

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4