Optimist/Pessimist pulse .. UPDATE

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

How do you currently feel about our future under Seibs?

• Optimistic

• Pessimistic

Results are only viewable after voting.
We lost two blokes who have barely a first grade minute between them.... and all of a sudden the sky is falling in! @:D

Yikes - some people just sway in the breeze

We haven't lost a game in almost 6 months.... what's there to be pessimistic about?

I'm changing to pessimistic until after the game. I was optimistic from the offseason but the amount of smoke being blown up arses has me feeling a little uncomfortable. Were we actually good or were the Dogs just ****e.

Optimism pulse 19th March ...

26/10/22 .. optimistic 92.6%
09/11/22 .. optimistic 91.7%
29/11/22 .. optimistic 84.9% .. 152 votes
12/12/22 .. optimistic 83.5% .. 158 votes
01/01/23 .. optimistic 82.9% .. 170 votes
16/01/23 .. optimistic 82.7% .. 173 voters
01/02/23 .. optimistic 82.1% .. 184 voters
19/02/23 .. optimistic 82.3% .. 192 voters
05/03/23 .. optimistic 85.3% .. 197 voters
19/03/23 .. optimistic 83.8% .. 197 voters

So after the news of the defection of two of our youngest and brightest forwards .... several people have become pessimistic and lowered our optimism pulse by 1.5% ...

Not even a win against last year's Grand finalists has seen the optimist's "reality" waver ...

So ... going into rd 4 undefeated .... and with Mestrov telling Dragons .. they're dreamin .... how are you feeling ...

Is losing Fifita and Alec ... but getting Woods give you more/less confidence ?
Think Croker being out injured has a bigger impact on the optimism.

Whilst losing Fifita and Alex is not ideal I trust there is the bigger picture at play by the club in trying to manage the playing roster and the other potentials coming through.

And as mentioned in other threads I think diluting the impact a certain player manager may have in the makeup of our team is a good outcome.

Even being robbed, and just a one point loss to Souff's ... hasn't cleared the dark clouds from over the pessimists ..

I am sure that performance put the shivers into a few fans. Hopefully the reason for our flatness was that the coach had put us through a gruelling week and we are fresher for next week's game.
It did feel eerily familiar. Flat-out awful in defence, indecisive with the ball, and giving away stupid penalties on top of that. It's hard to feel optimistic when you're rolled up in the foetal position behind the couch, trying to shield your eyes from the TV screen…

My worry right now is the same as every year in that we are again starting to get crueled by injuries.
Saab
Croker
Koula
Tui (although fine with him being replaced)

Depth as always an issue and will prove to be this year again. We are a good team if at full strength. Take a couple out and we drop significantly.

My worry right now is the same as every year in that we are again starting to get crueled by injuries.
Saab
Croker
Koula
Tui (although fine with him being replaced)

Depth as always an issue and will prove to be this year again. We are a good team if at full strength. Take a couple out and we drop significantly.

Yes, we do drop significantly, @Waz13 The coaching team needs to focus more on who is brought in to replace these players. Replacing Koula with Harper, while having Weekes in the seventeen, was an obvious mistake. Particularly, when Lawton didn't even make the seventeen....
Weekes in for Harper
Lawton in for Weekes

Yes, we do drop significantly, @Waz13 The coaching team needs to focus more on who is brought in to replace these players. Replacing Koula with Harper, while having Weekes in the seventeen, was an obvious mistake. Particularly, when Lawton didn't even make the seventeen....
Weekes in for Harper
Lawton in for Weekes
It was apparent very early (and we all already knew) that Harper is not first grade quality. Was baffling how it took so long to put Weekes in.

And honestly calling a spade a spade here. Imo Weekes is not really cover for 9, he’s there in case Tom goes down. He should have seen plenty more minutes yesterday.

Forgot we lost Burbo yesterday to injury as well. At least forward stock wise we have sone options. We are thin in the backs.

I'm in the camp of replace Harper with weekes but I just can't see our coaching staff allowing weekes to play centre/ wing.

I'm assuming they think he is too important as the backup 1/6/9 even though he only seems to get 20 Mins a game!

Members online

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4