Optimist/Pessimist pulse .. UPDATE

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

How do you currently feel about our future under Seibs?

• Optimistic

• Pessimistic

Results are only viewable after voting.
40 days.jpg

Manly has 3 current origin players and only 1 player has won a premiership in this squad back in 2011. Also, the highest paid player is injury prone and the coach has a dubious track record.

The circus has been in full swing at Manly for a decade. Like with any unsuccessful business the garbage starts at the top and rolls down the hill. When you cant buy match winners or a good coach because someone enjoys living off an oily rag you got buckley's chance against the heavy weights of the comp.
This^. Jury is out and wont be back till about Rd 6. If we have a few wins and our defence doesn't look like a thawing ice lake then we may have grounds for optimism.

This^. Jury is out and wont be back till about Rd 6. If we have a few wins and our defence doesn't look like a thawing ice lake then we may have grounds for optimism.
That first 8 weeks is horrendous , I’ll be looking for a committed team , having a go , but just not enough firepower to beat the big guns.

If they do “ ok “ during this period the second half should be much better.

But let’s see first of all.

I'm assessing it week by week. We need a good start in round 1. I must say I'm feeling confident I really like what the coaching staff have done during the pre season. Good team building stuff because we need our boys ready to give 200% for one another..

That first 8 weeks is horrendous , I’ll be looking for a committed team , having a go , but just not enough firepower to beat the big guns.

Still all hinges on Mr Porcelain man. IF he's there all year we'll make finals.

The Optimism pulse will again be updated on the 1st Feb.

If you haven't voted ... vote now ..

If you have changed your mind ... change your vote now ...

Cheers ..

Heroes are not made in comfort zones

Heroes are made in Horrendous times feathered friend

These 8 Horrendous opening rounds is a blessing for our players

All Have the opportunity to rise like Sea eagles to Great heights

and lay the foundations needed to compete for the Title that belongs to us

This is their moment and we hope they make this moment count

In the next iteration of the poll, can we correct the coach's name? (okay, I will cop it now...)

In the next iteration of the poll, can we correct the coach's name? (okay, I will cop it now...)

Yeah, nah ... just went into edit thread ... but it won't let me change or edit the question ... unless an admin or mod can do it .... it's going to stay ... sorry .

Optimism pulse 1st February ...

26/10/22 .. optimistic 92.6%
09/11/22 .. optimistic 91.7%
29/11/22 .. optimistic 84.9% .. 152 votes
12/12/22 .. optimistic 83.5% .. 158 votes
01/01/23 .. optimistic 82.9% .. 170 votes
16/01/23 .. optimistic 82.7% .. 173 voters
01/02/23 .. optimistic 82.1% .. 184 voters

Again, as expected, no real change ... confidence remains high in EagleLand ...

The next pulse recording will be mid Feb ... which is after our first trial ... hmmmm .

I don't know how anyone could be anything but optimistic at the moment. Turbo going over to the states for rehab, Weekes being promoted as the main backup at fullback, new high-profile and experienced assistant coaches, training with rugby and AFL teams, Garrick possibly shifting to the centres, Paseka being talked up as one of potentially one of the best props in the game, Schuster dropping weight and ready to take control at 6. Young guys like Weekes, Fulton and the Fainu's seemingly all more involved in the team and in line for regular first grade this year. The list goes on and on

Sure you can look at the way last year ended and at Seibold's time with the Broncos, but you can almost guarantee none of this would've happened if Des were still around. Can't wait for the fresh start and if we beat the Dogs in round 1 like we should, we're on 4 points after 2 weeks. Sounds alright to me

Hmmmmmm, I like omens, so maybe I’m in the optimistic group now

Last weekend I attended the NZ Superstock Teams Champs (14 teams, 4 cars per team, smashing each other into concrete walls). Anyhow where I am going with this, my home town team is the Canterbury Glen Eagles. They smashed their way into the grand final, where they took care of the Palmerston North Panthers. Eagles beating the Panthers in the GF, can we dare to dream ?

Small link below on what I was going on about

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4