Optimist/Pessimist pulse .. UPDATE

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

How do you currently feel about our future under Seibs?

• Optimistic

• Pessimistic

Results are only viewable after voting.
^bump^

If you haven't voted yet ... get it done ... if you have changed your mind .... change your vote ... next pulse taken Monday 16th ...

Mid January Silvertails optimism pulse

26/10/22 .. optimistic 92.6%
09/11/22 .. optimistic 91.7%
29/11/22 .. optimistic 84.9% .. 152 votes
12/12/22 .. optimistic 83.5% .. 158 votes
01/01/23 .. optimistic 82.9% .. 170 votes
16/01/23 .. optimistic 82.7% .. 173 voters

As expected no real change ... the mood is still positive ... even with a horror first 8 weeks ..

Mid January Silvertails optimism pulse

26/10/22 .. optimistic 92.6%
09/11/22 .. optimistic 91.7%
29/11/22 .. optimistic 84.9% .. 152 votes
12/12/22 .. optimistic 83.5% .. 158 votes
01/01/23 .. optimistic 82.9% .. 170 votes
16/01/23 .. optimistic 82.7% .. 173 voters

As expected no real change ... the mood is still positive ... even with a horror first 8 weeks ..
I find this very interesting, good one @Woodsie

Is there a slight shift in sentiment or do the more positive types stick arould all off season whilst the more pessimistic fans take an off season break from Silvertails and we are starting to see them return and add their votes....

I find this very interesting, good one @Woodsie

Is there a slight shift in sentiment or do the more positive types stick arould all off season whilst the more pessimistic fans take an off season break from Silvertails and we are starting to see them return and add their votes....

I think you nailed it .... I am expecting a run of pessimism votes when all the DEssie fans that said they are moving to QLD return for the first trial ....

I can see the pulse going up and down like a yoyo when the season starts ...

Positivity inspires Winning so we must keep Positive
Losing diminishes Positivity and so we must stop Losing

Some of the Manly Supporters Phycological affects from Successive loses include :
Depression
Anger
Anxiety
Trouble focusing
Trouble Sleeping

The only cure is Winning
Nothing else can help
nrl-2018-rd06-manly-warringah-sea-eagles-v-wests-tigers---fansupporter.jpg

Surely all these good stories coming out of the media dept have caused some of you nose-out-of-joint voters to change your vote ... surely?

Manly has 3 current origin players and only 1 player has won a premiership in this squad back in 2011. Also, the highest paid player is injury prone and the coach has a dubious track record.

The circus has been in full swing at Manly for a decade. Like with any unsuccessful business the garbage starts at the top and rolls down the hill. When you cant buy match winners or a good coach because someone enjoys living off an oily rag you got buckley's chance against the heavy weights of the comp.

Last edited:
@Wombat64 ... you are going to have to come out of that dark, miserable hole in the ground sooner or later .. and drink the koolaid .. get with the choir and start singing kumbaya.
I would like nothing more than to be wrong .....I just don't see it. What flavour Koolaid?

Manly has 3 current origin players and only 1 player has won a premiership in this squad back in 2011. Also, the highest paid player is injury prone and the coach has a dubious track record.
It is unfortunate that our best player (one of the top five players in the NRL) is injury prone. Hopefully, his fortunes will change this year.

Seibold has a good, although mixed, NRL coaching record - 2018 Souths 3rd; 2019 Broncos 8th; 2020 Broncos last (left mid season).

Indeed, we have only one premiership winner & three origin players in our squad. These are my (hopefully accurate*) stats for all teams - first number is premiership winners, second is origin representatives (past & present)

Broncos 2, 8
Cowboys 5, 9
Dogs 3, 2
Dolphins 3, 7
Dragons 1, 5
Eels 0, 6
Knights 0, 4
Panthers 16, 7
Rabbitohs 3, 4
Raiders 0, 4
Roosters 11, 6
Sea Eagles 1, 3
Sharks 2, 0
Storm 11, 5
Tigers 2, 1
Titans 3, 6
Warriors 1, 1

# Winning a premiership is relatively rare - only 64 of 510 currently listed NRL players have achieved this

# Between them, the four QLD teams have 30 Origin players

# The Dolphins have an experienced first season team - 3 premiership winners & 7 origin players

* please let me know if I have missed any players

Last edited:
It is unfortunate that our best player (one of the top five players in the NRL) is injury prone. Hopefully, his fortunes will change this year.

Seibold has a good, although mixed, NRL coaching record - 2018 Souths 3rd; 2019 Broncos 8th; 2020 Broncos last (left mid season).

Indeed, we have only one premiership winner & three origin players in our squad. These are my (hopefully accurate*) stats for all teams - first number is premiership winners, second is origin representatives (past & present)

Broncos 2, 8
Cowboys 5, 9
Dogs 3, 2
Dolphins 3, 7
Dragons 1, 5
Eels 0, 6
Knights 0, 4
Panthers 16, 7
Rabbitohs 3, 4
Raiders 0, 4
Roosters 11, 6
Sea Eagles 1, 3
Sharks 2, 0
Storm 11, 5
Tigers 2, 1
Titans 3, 6
Warriors 1, 1

# Winning a premiership is relatively rare - only 64 of 510 currently listed NRL players have achieved this

# Between them, the four QLD teams have 30 Origin players

# The Dolphins have an experienced first season team - 3 premiership winners & 7 origin players

* please let me know if I have missed any players

Eels 0 premiership players, never gets old 😂

A fair assessment of Manly's prospects this year. However, outsiders aren't aware of the potential of young guns coming through this year under the new coaching staff.

I'm feeling positive. I've been talking to the lady who moved in next door. She's barely sixty and I think she likes me.
Bet that you will just play hard to get but you can 't always rely on that alluring beard . Worst case scenario you could at the very least convert her into a Manly supporter if she already is not one . [ just joking ]

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4