Optimist/Pessimist pulse .. UPDATE

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

How do you currently feel about our future under Seibs?

• Optimistic

• Pessimistic

Results are only viewable after voting.
Our finals were abysmal because the top coaches worked out that if they stopped the one man Manly show Tom they would stop manly and the did
Once they did this Des had no answers to counteract over come and prevail
Manly were developing throughout last year and looked good at "stages" with Garrick out the back(when he was looking sharp and not injured), Garrick playing injured and jerseygate killed the momentum that was building.

Problem is losing Foran and Walker the following year would ruin all that development anyway so a fresh start was happening regardless.

As we showed in 2021, we have the players capable of doing the job. And most of them are still here.

But they need to learn to take that extra step. Without that they are never going to win a Premiership. Back in his 1987 victory speech, Fatty said that his side had plenty of guts and determination. 2023 may be 36 seasons past that, but its still relevant in any successful team. We need a lot of guts and determination.

I contend that our top 17 is as good as any in the competition.

My bold prediction, Schu will be Dally M 5/8 of the year and if Turbo plays fulls season I think we could push for top 4.
If we fail again I see a massive clean out happening with the likes of Harper, Parker and Crocker heading for exit.

I predict we’ll finish in top 6.

Unless Manly find a sharpish high workrate ballplayer in the middle to compensate for the losses of Foran and Walker Manly are going to be a predominantly boring right to left spread team that will rack up some early wins then struggle to put on points as the season progresses.

A reminder that the pulse will be logged again tomorrow to start the new year ...

The optimist/pessimist pulse is a reflection of how you currently feel ... and you can change your vote as often as your mood swings ....

A reminder that the pulse will be logged again tomorrow to start the new year ...

The optimist/pessimist pulse is a reflection of how you currently feel ... and you can change your vote as often as your mood swings ....
I’d be surprised if it’s more like 70/30 at round 1, and then 55/45 after round 1.

I’d be surprised if it’s more like 70/30 at round 1, and then 55/45 after round 1.

I'm expecting a big Pessimist vote around trials time ... when all the disgruntled Dessie fans that said if he gets sacked they will be moving to Canada, log back in.

Trial form and attitude will swing many ... one way or the other.

Then of course there is the live posters during the games ... some of those nutters will change their votes 10 times before half time.

I'm expecting a big Pessimist vote around trials time ... when all the disgruntled Dessie fans that said if he gets sacked they will be moving to Canada, log back in.

Then of course there is the live posters during the games ... some of those nutters will change their votes 10 times before half time.
I’m going to try and avoid the game day threads in 23, I often say things I regret afterwards, of course we all do ( in the heat of the moment ).

The game day threads are entertainment personified.

We concede and try and there are the "sack him, not first grade material, pathetic, lose by 50' calls galore.

Always a good chuckle

They do my head in ....

Sometimes I feel like I'm watching a different match to some of the posters on here....
Unless we're copping a hiding, I find it much more enjoyable to watch the match and then later on read through the game day thread.

We're full and it's cold.

side note - it'd be nice to have a less feral game day thread. ~dreams~

It is officially 2023 .. a new year, and a new beginning. .. Will it be happy days ... or Doom.

Since the last pulse, there has been neglible change in the optimism of Silvertails ... Turbo's injury has failed to weaken the knees of the faithful ... nor has the insightful interviews from Seibs, the military camp or the team hugging and singing kumbaya .. blown the dark clouds of despair from the pessimists.

26/10/22 .. optimistic 92.6%
09/11/22 .. optimistic 91.7%
29/11/22 .. optimistic 84.9% .. 152 votes
12/12/22 .. optimistic 83.5% .. 158 votes
01/01/23 .. optimistic 82.9% .. 170 votes

Foxsports bold predictions

“ Despite a change in coaching Manly will still struggle in 2023”

I would hardly call that “ bold “.

New CEO, new coaches, young players coming through - looking good for a successful 2023 season!

New Sea Eagles.jpg

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4